The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What This Win Proves...

+3
CarsonChris
white1
DolFan 316
7 posters

Go down

What This Win Proves... Empty What This Win Proves...

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:35 pm

Not only is Flores a better coach than Cam, Cam was even WORSE than we thought at the time Shocked Shocked Shocked There's no way on God's green earth the '07 Fins were LESS talented than this bunch of rejects from the Island Of Misfit Toys.

It also proves that the trade for Rosen was even MORE silly and unnecessary than I thought at the time, but that's troubled water under the bridge now I suppose (grumbles).

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

What This Win Proves... Empty Re: What This Win Proves...

Post by white1 Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Totally agree on Flores.

The story on Rosen hasn’t been finished yet. Let’s just see how this season plays out.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:20 pm

white1 wrote:Totally agree on Flores.

The story on Rosen hasn’t been finished yet. Let’s just see how this season plays out.

Nah, he's done. There's no recovering from failing with two teams two years into your career. The only way Rosen sees the field again is if Fitz is hurt (God forbid) or if someone on high forces Flores to start him again because the team is now playing too well. Then again, I told everyone he and Darnold were busts from the beginning (and I wasn't that high on Mayfield and Allen either).

But seriously, this team can definitely beat the Bills next week. I'd even be shocked if they didn't, and that's something I NEVER thought I'd say 2 weeks ago Shocked Shocked Shocked

If Flores wins even 5 games and doesn't get Coach Of The Year then the award needs to be done away with for good. Seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:29 pm

He’s definitely coached this team up

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:31 pm

The notion of the Fins going 0-16 while somehow improving as the season went on never made sense to me from the beginning. How could Flores be trusted to coach this team anymore if he lost every time his first season? But now that he has more wins than Hue Jackson could muster in 2 years with the Browns that's no longer a concern Cool

Now if only there was some way to make sure Grier didn't screw everything up...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:54 pm

I've said it before, but it can't be overstated: IMO Cameron's coaching job in 2007 was the very worst in NFL history. It was hard to tell what was worse, the personnel decisions or the actual coaching.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:07 pm

HalCHorn wrote:I've said it before, but it can't be overstated:  IMO Cameron's coaching job in 2007 was the very worst in NFL history.  It was hard to tell what was worse, the personnel decisions or the actual coaching.

I used to agree with you, all the way up until the Hue Jackson debacle. Now I think Cam is only the *second* worst head coach in NFL history. But "fail forward fast" will always be a stain on my soul Evil or Very Mad And the Miami media members who were actually calling out the team for not bringing him back deserve some sort of karmic reckoning. Nobody should be allowed to have an opinion that insane without consequences.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:51 am

I'm not sure there's any way I could have thought Cam Cameron was worse.  I would have taken Ray Handley, Rich Kotite, or even Freddie Kittens in Cleveland over that bag of crap.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:44 am

This win prove that if you have a good coach you can win games. Lets forget Cam and lets think of Gase and how he would be able to coach this team. Miami would have definitely been 0-16 with Gase around. IMO, Sparano would have don't horrible with the team that Miami has. The fact that Flores was able to trade away good players and still win two games so far is amazing. Have to give it up to him.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:44 pm

rightchea wrote:This win prove that if you have a good coach you can win games. Lets forget Cam and lets think of Gase and how he would be able to coach this team. Miami would have definitely been 0-16 with Gase around. IMO, Sparano would have don't horrible with the team that Miami has. The fact that Flores was able to trade away good players and still win two games so far is amazing. Have to give it up to him.

Yep. People sometimes forget how important coaching is in the NFL. This Dolphins team is proof. On paper, this team is 0-16. The job Flores and his staff have done is simply miraculous. Seeing guys like Wiltz and Needham improve every week is a testament to how good this staff is. Do you guys remember how godawful Needham was in preseason?? Now he's making plays and showing he is an NFL player.

BTW - did Charles Harris really have 7 tackles against the Colts??? If so, that's another feather in the coaches' caps. He's been coming on the past 3 games. This coaching staff deserves a medal for getting anything out of him.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:19 pm

[quote="JMP"]
rightchea wrote:BTW - did Charles Harris really have 7 tackles against the Colts???  If so, that's another feather in the coaches' caps.  He's been coming on the past 3 games.  This coaching staff deserves a medal for getting anything out of him.

Wait...SERIOUSLY?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Wow, if Flores keeps coaching him up like this Harris might actually (gasp) get a SACK before the season's over! That alone might qualify Flores as a Hall Of Famer Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:48 am

Wait he was out there playing. Someone recheck those stats Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked Shocked

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:19 pm

rightchea wrote:Wait he was out there playing. Someone recheck those stats Laughing Laughing Laughing Shocked Shocked Shocked

My bad...I looked at the box score quickly and read it wrong. Looks like Harris only had 3 tackles. Embarassed But he did have a tackle for loss...which is his third consecutive game with a TFL by my count. That's better than nothing, I guess...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:02 am

LOL...well as long as he is contributing he will be at camp next year

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum