The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tua

4 posters

Go down

Tua  Empty Tua

Post by CarsonChris Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:53 pm

Monday is the day we learn if Tua is entering the 2020 draft. I wasn’t sold on him prior to the injury. Now I’m even less sold on him. 57% completion percentage against top 25 teams.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Tua  Empty Re: Tua

Post by JMP Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:41 pm

Tua is the best college QB prospect I've seen in years. His ball placement and ability to throw a receiver open are second to none. He puts up tons of points, and the game situation is never too big for him.

I wish he was 2 inches taller and obviously we have to find out about the hip, but beyond that he is a superstar. And, he's a perfect fit for the spread offense Gailey runs.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:36 am

JMP wrote:  He puts up tons of points, and the game situation is never too big for him.

I think this is the problem right there. situation are never too big for him because he never playing against teams that make him compete. Think of all the teams that they have played this year that haven't been good in years or even decades. Duke, Mew Mexico State, S. Carolina, Southern Miss, Tenn, Arkansas, Miss State, W. Carolina. This is literally half of their schedule and they only played 4 ranked teams this season, with only one outside of their conference. Now look at a team like Georgia which is another team within the SEC. Their schedule has six ranked teams. I not saying Tua isn't good I saying that his competition isn't great.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:12 am

rightchea wrote:
JMP wrote:  He puts up tons of points, and the game situation is never too big for him.

I think this is the problem right there. situation are never too big for him because he never playing against teams that make him compete. Think of all the teams that they have played this year that haven't been good in years or even decades. Duke, Mew Mexico State, S. Carolina, Southern Miss, Tenn, Arkansas, Miss State, W. Carolina. This is literally half of their schedule and they only played 4 ranked teams this season, with only one outside of their conference. Now look at a team like Georgia which is another team within the SEC. Their schedule has six ranked teams. I not saying Tua isn't good I saying that his competition isn't great.

That's not Tua's fault.  He can only play against the teams on his schedule.  

Competition has nothing to do with skillset.  No one in college has Tua's ability at placing the ball in the perfect spot - no one.  That has nothing to do with who he plays against - it's all about his own skill.  That's why I also rate Jordan Love highly despite not having good stats this year - it's not about who he played against, it's about how he plays and what his abilities are.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:28 am

If Tua is our pick I don’t want to see him scramble. The injury concern is going to be an issue. Not only did he have hip surgery but both ankles also. This is absolutely high risk high reward type of pick.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:39 am

he gonna have to scramble, unless you have a great OL which most teams don't, He will have to scramble and move outside of the pocket. There are not too many pocket passers in the league anymore and with DL players getting strong and faster, he gonna have to move.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:52 am

Personally, I'm tired of watching this team "play it safe".

Flores playcalling this past season should be a positive indicator this is changing. All the fake punts, fake FGs, etc point to a risk-taking mentality, and an aggressive nature in going for the win.

IMO the Tua pick is exactly that. He could be a franchise QB for 15 years, or an injury prone QB that plays out his rookie contract and retires. There is not a middling outcome IMO. Truly a boom or bust proposition.

Based on what I've seen of Flores, he will push the front office to make the selection and draft Tua. We can only hope it works out for us.

Once again, I'd rather see a bold move for a great player that involves risk, vs a "safer pick" that most likely will turn out to be totally average, with little positive impact to the team. Jake Long and Tunsil are two good examples of "safe picks". What the hell did they get for us?

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:52 am

CarsonChris wrote:If Tua is our pick I don’t want to see him scramble. The injury concern is going to be an issue. Not only did he have hip surgery but both ankles also.  This is absolutely high risk high reward type of pick.

Yep, agreed. But Tua is a pocket passer, not a running QB, so I don't see it being too much of an issue. Guys like Brady, Rivers and both Mannings had very long careers as pocket passers that rarely scramble. Sure, every now and then you have no choice - but it can and should be kept to a minimum in Tua's case.

Tua is definitely high risk, high reward - no question. The Dolphins ALWAYS plays it safe, and it hasn't worked. This one time, I want to see them take a chance and go for it. Even if it fails, at least we took a shot at greatness.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:53 am

white1 wrote:Personally, I'm tired of watching this team "play it safe".

Flores playcalling this past season should be a positive indicator this is changing.  All the fake punts, fake FGs, etc point to a risk-taking mentality, and an aggressive nature in going for the win.

IMO the Tua pick is exactly that.  He could be a franchise QB for 15 years, or an injury prone QB that plays out his rookie contract and retires.  There is not a middling outcome IMO.  Truly a boom or bust proposition.

Based on what I've seen of Flores, he will push the front office to make the selection and draft Tua.  We can only hope it works out for us.

Once again, I'd rather see a bold move for a great player that involves risk, vs a "safer pick" that most likely will turn out to be totally average, with little positive impact to the team.  Jake Long and Tunsil are two good examples of "safe picks".  What the hell did they get for us?

cheers cheers cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum