The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins hit with COVID, but Pats more hurt

+4
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
white1
mercury22nathan
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Phins hit with COVID, but Pats more hurt Empty Phins hit with COVID, but Pats more hurt

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:42 am

Three players — long snapper Blake Ferguson, defensive tackle Benito Jones and cornerback Cordrea Tankersley — were placed on the league’s reserve/COVID-19 list Monday.

Those three either tested positive for the illness or have come in close contact with people who have. The first time those who tested positive will be eligible to return to the active roster is in three weeks

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article244526712.html

Tankersley (dude can't buy a break) and Jones weren't gonna make the team anyways, but having our starting (and only) LS out could present problems.  i wonder if they'll go shopping for another to fill the gap (Taybor Pepper is still out there) or if someone on the roster can stand in?  thankfully this wasn't during the season.  i suspect they may temporarily lose a few more players once the veterans report.

in the category of what makes your competition weaker makes you stronger...

New England Patriots linebacker Dont'a Hightower is opting out of the 2020 season, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday.‬

Starting offensive tackle Marcus Cannon, fullback Danny Vitale and reserve offensive lineman Najee Toran have also decided to opt out of the 2020 season for the Patriots.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29551606/source-patriots-donta-hightower-opt-2020-season

two significant contributors in Hightower and Cannon has got to hurt.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Phins hit with COVID, but Pats more hurt Empty Re: Phins hit with COVID, but Pats more hurt

Post by white1 Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:57 am

Wow, yeah. I also read on PFT today safety Patrick Chung opted out also.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Phins hit with COVID, but Pats more hurt Empty Re: Phins hit with COVID, but Pats more hurt

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:53 pm

And yet the season will be ramrodded through, no matter how many players get infected, because an anti-American ideological statement MUST be made, player safety be damned. But the rest of us need to wear masks at all times and stay home "for our own good" even though staying at home won't make you "safe" when the angry mob of state-sponsored and media-endorsed domestic insurgent terrorists come for you.

There may even be a cure for the virus right now, but big tech literally went out of its way to censor a public news conference about it.

I'll be honest, I no longer give a damn about this season or sports in general. I literally could not care less.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:57 pm

You talking the Hyrdroxychloroquine? Yeah that story is scary on many levels. Seems like a groundswell of physicians including a double blind trial is being actively buried - they claim they have proof it works in combination with zinc and antibiotics if given early. If we can cure Covid with already available drugs, then why lock down and why wait for a vaccine?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:52 pm

white1 wrote:You talking the Hyrdroxychloroquine? Yeah that story is scary on many levels.  Seems like a groundswell of physicians including a double blind trial is being actively buried - they claim they have proof it works in combination with zinc and antibiotics if given early.  If we can cure Covid with already available drugs, then why lock down and why wait for a vaccine?

Because big pharma is part of the global cabal working to enslave us all. They can make billions from a vaccine, as well as make it mandatory so people are forcibly injected with DNA-altering nanotech that strips away their humanity in preparation for what's to come by 2030. It's in a whole lot of people's best interest to keep us in a state of fear-induced domination for the rest of our lives.

But of course certain groups will be totally exempt from any lockdown restrictions as well as the law in general, making the whole thing a joke that stopped being funny months ago.

It's also why it's been decided that schools absolutely *must* re-open. The cabal got scared that too much home schooling was redpilling too many kids from the daily brainwashing of public classrooms. In some areas parents who want to still homeschool their kids are actually being fined daily, I kid you not. In other words, the virus is only dangerous when "they" say it is, and only "their" hand-picked experts' opinions count.

This is NOT about 'public safety" at ALL. It's about domination and control, and always has been from the start.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Since we're on the subject...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:29 am

I like his energy

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:23 am

another impact player from the AFC East opts out...

Star Lotulelei, DT, Buffalo Bills
Lotulelei signed a five-year, $50 million deal with the Bills in 2018 and has started at defensive tackle ever since, operating as one of the team's primary run-stopping defensive linemen. He signed a restructured contract this offseason, guaranteeing him $4.5 million in 2020; his new contract will now activate in 2021.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29533526/players-opting-2020-nfl-season-coronavirus-concerns-tracking-full-list

but apparently not all opt-outs are health related.

The reason a lot of players are opting out (besides health reasons) is if you have a lot of guaranteed money this year and the season is cancelled, they risk losing a lot of money

https://twitter.com/MongoFeliciano/status/1288144107282595843

its all about preserving guaranteed money. Bills starting OG Jon Feliciano has a good discussion in his Twitter comments about how it all works. apparently, its not in some players financial interest to risk playing this year.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:33 am

its official, Bill Belichick created COVID.

Bill Belichick, meet Trevor Lawrence!

With six — count 'em, six — New England players choosing to opt out of the upcoming season, fans in Foxborough and beyond already are dreaming of seeing the Clemson quarterback's golden locks flowing out of a Patriots cap on draft night next April.

Who can blame them? Belichick, the mastermind of all masterminds, certainly wouldn't allow any of this to happen if he didn't have a brilliant plan up his sleeve to launch the next Patriots dynasty.

Who else would be able to talk Pro Bowl linebacker Dont'a Hightower into taking a $7.85-million pay cut?

Patrick Chung, Marcus Cannon, Brandon Bolden, Danny Vitale and Najee Toran also appear to be taking one for the team in order for Belichick to snag the next franchise quarterback.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/six-patriots-opt-nfl-season-185718026.html

so diabolical.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:46 pm

He'll have to trade up with the Bengals, that pick is going to the highest bidder.

Does anyone think they'll be good just by adding a rookie QB? I don't see it.  No way.

Plus, they still have to deal with a very tough division. The Browns will be improved simply because they hired an actual head coach this year. Pittsburgh gets its QB back, and Baltimore is going to compete with the Chiefs for the AFC Championship.

I'm doubling down and predicting it right now - Cincy gets number 1 pick two years in a row.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:00 pm

When all is said and done, IF there is an NFL season it may resemble a strike season with all the players that are going to be out.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:08 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:having our starting (and only) LS out could present problems.  i wonder if they'll go shopping for another to fill the gap (Taybor Pepper is still out there) or if someone on the roster can stand in?  

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/02/dolphins-sign-udfa-long-snapper-rex-sunahara/

The Dolphins announced yesterday that the team had signed 2020 undrafted free agent long-snapper Rex Sunahara from West Virginia to fill the void. Sunahara was credited with handling snaps on field goals, punts and extra points for several seasons with the Mountaineers — and he can now claim an NFL role on his resume as well.

Barring some unforeseen circumstances, Sunahara’s tenure is likely a short stay — a health Blake Ferguson will command that role for the Dolphins. This signing isn’t an indictment of the team’s 2020 draft selection of a snapper, rather it should be seen as a short-term solution to Ferguson’s ineligibility to participate in team activities due to either a positive COVID-19 test or a close call with someone else who tested positive.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:12 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:Jones weren't gonna make the team anyways

I don't know...Benito Jones was pretty damn good in college and I thought he had a real chance to earn a backup NT role with the Phins. Most likely a practice squad guy to start, but dude can play and he plays a position of need.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:14 pm

[quote="mercury22nathan"]another impact player from the AFC East opts out...

Star Lotulelei, DT, Buffalo Bills

And one more: Jets LB CJ Mosley!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:39 pm

JMP wrote:When all is said and done, IF there is an NFL season it may resemble a strike season with all the players that are going to be out.

The quality of play and the injury rate are going to be worse than any of you have ever seen. Notice I said 'you" because I won't be watching any of this traveshamockery.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:12 am

add Jerome Baker, Zach Sieler and Ereck Flowers to the reserve COVID list.

but Blake Ferguson and Benito Jones have come off the list.

so now i'm starting to wonder, will so many guys start coming on and off the list that isn't worth tracking anymore?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:11 pm

Baker was taken off list and activated to roster. Rookie WR Malcolm Perry (7th rd pick) was added to Covid list.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:35 am

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Allen Hurns announced Tuesday afternoon he is opting out of the 2020 because of COVID-19.

Last season, Hurns played in 14 games with seven starts and was also inactive for two games. He caught 32 passes for 416 yards with two touchdowns.

The Dolphins obviously liked what they saw after they signed Hurns in July 2019 because they gave him a two-year, $7 million contract extension that went through the 2021 season.

That contract will now toll, meaning it is put on pause for this season. Hurns will now be signed with the Dolphins through the 2022 season.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article244719557.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:50 pm

Wilson & Hurns Both out, Looks like Grant will make the Team now, Which Young Wr’s will Step up now?

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:06 pm

Well, on the bright side we only have two players opting out.

But on the downside, we lose a lot of veteran experience in the WR group. It is now a very young group and it will be interesting to see if Parker can take on more of a leadership role.

I fully expect Isaiah Ford to make the team now, and hopefully he can build on his strong finish from last season.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:19 am

Davon Godchaux... The Dolphins placed the fourth-year defensive tackle on the reserve/COVID-19 list Wednesday.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article244419487.html

another one. hopefully its just exposure and not a full blown case of COVID. i guess if you're gonna go on the list, its better to do it now than when actual padded practice start or during the season.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:44 am

as far as the WR group, absolutely Parker needs to step up and build on last season. a healthy return and continued development of Preston Williams as the no. 2 would help. i'd also like to see Gary Jennings and an emerging Malcolm Perry get a shot in the slot.

truth is, i think both Hurns and a declining Wilson were on the back end of their careers. not sure this hurts too much.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:46 pm

I don't think this hurts them too much but it does give the other players an opportunity to show what they have. Ford and Grants get to step up

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:41 am

on, off...off, on...this is getting dizzying... 6 players on...

the Dolphins will be without the following players for at least the next couple of days: defensive linemen Shaq Lawson, Raekwon Davis and Benito Jones, safety Brandon Jones, offensive lineman Solomon Kindley and wide receiver Kirk Merritt.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article244774027.html

Jones recently came off and is now back on. there is speculation that some of the DL guys might be on due to exposure having been near Godchaux.

It’s possible that Lawson, Davis, Benito Jones and Kindley were red-flagged because they practiced with Davon Godchaux, who went on the reserve list Wednesday. If Godchaux had a positive test, then those with whom he interacted closely in meetings and walkthroughs would likely need to be sidelined, at least for now.

2 players off... Malcolm Perry and Zach Sieler have been activated off the list.

are you guys tired of this yet?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:47 am

I'm so bored I honestly don't care if we field a team of 53 players all named "Smith". I just want to watch some football.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next