The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 4 thoughts: Seahawks at Dolphins

+6
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
Degarmo
JEGnj
CarsonChris
JMP
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Game 4 thoughts: Seahawks at Dolphins - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 4 thoughts: Seahawks at Dolphins

Post by rightchea Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:59 pm

JMP wrote:For all those that wanted to draft a shiny new toy RB in the first round, consider this:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is averaging just .3 yards per carry more than Myles Gaskin, and Gaskin has more receptions.  

Jonathan Taylor is averaging .1 yards per carry less than Gaskin, and Gaskin has more receptions.

Gaskin is definitely looking better than I expected. To be honest, Howards seems like a waste

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Game 4 thoughts: Seahawks at Dolphins - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 4 thoughts: Seahawks at Dolphins

Post by JMP Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:14 pm

rightchea wrote:
JMP wrote:For all those that wanted to draft a shiny new toy RB in the first round, consider this:

Clyde Edwards-Helaire is averaging just .3 yards per carry more than Myles Gaskin, and Gaskin has more receptions.  

Jonathan Taylor is averaging .1 yards per carry less than Gaskin, and Gaskin has more receptions.

Gaskin is definitely looking better than I expected. To be honest, Howards seems like a waste

Yeah, Howard has been awful - but he's also been put in an impossible situation. It's really difficult for RBs to come in cold and try to make a big play on a 3rd down or goal-line situation. Still, he has 3 TDs in that role, so I guess it's not that bad. Just strange to see a guy that was a pretty damn good back come here and look so bad.

BTW - I'm not saying Gaskin is better than Edwards-Helaire or Taylor...just pointing out that drafting a RB early isn't the answer at this stage of the Dolphins rebuild. We're getting similar production from a guy we drafted late in the 7th round.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2