The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waddle

3 posters

Go down

Waddle  Empty Waddle

Post by CarsonChris Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:38 am

17 touchdowns at Alabama. The average length of those TD's, 45 yards. Definitely home run ability.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Waddle  Empty Re: Waddle

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:10 am

Yep. If you watched the first four games last year, Waddle was more impressive than Smith IMO.

And I guess in Grier's opinion also.

Waddle looked FASTER than the other players. And on every kind of route not just GO, Post and Seams either.
Plus, when you add in the return ability, Waddle is definitely the more versatile WR. Waddle is a 5-tool everything type player to my thinking. PR, KR, Slot WR, Outside WR, and you can hand him the ball on sweeps and reverses. He can make defenders miss and outrun most of them.

Will he be better than Smith? I don't know. Smith was uncoverable towards the end of last season. Does that translate to the NFL? I have no idea.

Will he be just as good? He could be. And if he DOES live up to the comparisons to Tyreek Hill, then he may turn out to be the BEST WR in the draft! He would certainly transform Miami's offense if he is close to Tyreek Hill.

The Phins got a dynamic difference-making WR at #6. That is what we all wanted. So what if it wasn't the Slim Reaper? We got the "Magic" Waddle!

Waddle as a freshman

Waddle grew up in Houston with the nickname “J Dubb.” Around the campus of Bellaire Episcopal High School, however, he went by a different moniker – Magic. This was no joking epithet used in passing. Said Episcopal head coach Steve Leisz: “Our offensive coordinator, I don’t even know if he knows his name.”

When Kemble would watch film after games, he’d constantly see Waddle escape two or three defenders or come down with a jump ball next to a pair of defensive backs. Then he’d watch the same play on repeat attempting to solve the riddle of Waddle’s athletic genius.

“The same thing you do when you watch a magician,” Kemble said. “I know there’s something to it, but you can’t explain it.”

Let's hope Grier made the correct decision. I am just happy he did not draft the OT!!!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:55 am

finfanatic wrote:

The Phins got a dynamic difference-making WR at #6. That is what we all wanted.

Absolutely. That's how I look at it. The Magic Waddle!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:03 am

As long as Magic doesn't disappear I'm good with it.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:59 am

Josh Tolentino
✔
@JCTSports
Replying to @JCTSports

During #Dolphins evaluation of Tua's tape ahead of last year’s draft, they noticed Jaylen Waddle’s talent, since he was on the receiving end of many of Tua's throws. In their two seasons together at Bama, Waddle had 78 catches for 1,408 yards and 13 TDs.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:50 am

Smith said had Waddle not been injured he wouldn't have won the Heisman. It would have gone to Waddle.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:01 pm

Yeah, I don't know if Waddle would have won it, because Smith would have taken away catches from him and vice versa, but Waddle was the leading receiver when he went down with the ankle injury. Defenses couldn't cover Smith without Waddle on the field, just imagine if Waddle and Smith were out there. Talk about picking your poison!!

It sure seems like all these Bama guys like each other. That is fairly rare in college nowadays it seems like.

CC wrote:As long as Magic doesn't disappear I'm good with it.

Just into the end zone for another TD, CC!

Waddle  1f603

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum