The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRILLIANT!!!

4 posters

Go down

BRILLIANT!!!  Empty BRILLIANT!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Sun 27 Sep 2015, 8:41 pm

Letting Clay walk in order to sign Suh as well as the league's most injury-prone TE is just so...Finsy.

Indian burial ground curse, I keep tellin' ya'll.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

BRILLIANT!!!  Empty Re: BRILLIANT!!!

Post by white1 Sun 27 Sep 2015, 8:50 pm

I'd love to blame the burial ground - if it weren't so simple to see decisions just like this every year, with the consequences almost immediately known in every instance.

It's not the burial ground, it's the number of consistently stupid, misguided, shortsighted decisions compounded one after another every offseason.

Over time, you get what we have now. A roster devoid of leadership, short on talent, and miserably thin on depth.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun 27 Sep 2015, 9:04 pm

white1 wrote:It's not the burial ground, it's the number of consistently stupid, misguided, shortsighted decisions compounded one after another every offseason.

But if the exact same kind of stupidity keeps being exhibited by so many different people for so long, then there HAS to be a common denominator. This shit's been going on since Wayne was the owner. I'm guessing team HQ was built on its current location about 20 years or so ago, amirite? Because that's when all of this really started.

I mean hell, Ross keeps showing he has no problem pouring $$$ into failure after failure, am I supposed to believe he's too cheap to just build a new team HQ that's not located on a literal INDIAN BURIAL GROUND? Seriously, how hard can that be?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun 27 Sep 2015, 10:15 pm

Also, it's now gotten downright comical how literally every single player the Fins get rid of goes on to suddenly be much better somewhere else and get revenge on the Fins. I mean yeah, you had *some* cases like that in the past (Keith Byars) but now it's become normal. I'm not aware of any other team whose recent ex-players do this to anywhere near the same degree.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun 27 Sep 2015, 11:15 pm

When players leave and become productive elsewhere, repeatedly, you'd think that this is an indictment of the coaching staff at some point. Wouldn't you? I guess if your name is Stephen Ross, the answer is no.

Ireland, Sherman, Turner...at some point, don't you stop looking for scapegoats and start looking at the guy atop the staff?

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon 28 Sep 2015, 7:32 am

The reverse is true also.

Dansby might be the best example. Really good before Miami - about average (at best) while here - then returns to playing great in Arizona AFTER Miami.

Suh is the most current example, literally disappearing from view after being a beast in Detroit for several years.

Wallace was a great deep threat before we got a hold of him. Probably still our best receiver, 10 touchdowns is nothing to sneer at, and we dump him without ceremony.

We had no use for Vontae Davis - who matured into a pro bowl CB.

Clay? Nah, not good enough. Let's dump him and pickup Cameron.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon 28 Sep 2015, 9:21 am

it is like the league is paying Miami coaches to be horrible. There is no way that a player is great then he plays that bad just within three games.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum