The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noah is looking yoked!!!!!!

+3
finfanatic
CarsonChris
Umix10
7 posters

Go down

Noah is looking yoked!!!!!! Empty Noah is looking yoked!!!!!!

Post by Umix10 Sun May 16, 2021 11:44 pm

Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Noah is looking yoked!!!!!! Empty Re: Noah is looking yoked!!!!!!

Post by CarsonChris Mon May 17, 2021 9:12 am

Jaycee Horn looks so fluid during those workouts.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon May 17, 2021 2:50 pm

I hope he shows why they drafted him in the 1st round.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue May 18, 2021 1:27 pm

I see why he's a corner and not a receiver. Hard hands.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu May 20, 2021 9:27 am

Okay so at least Iggy isn't a thug like Jeff Gladney, who was taken with the very next pick. But I think it's quite telling that the next CB in that draft was selected for another 19 picks. Iggy *needs* to be better than Jaylon Johnson (50) and Trevon Diggs (51) or else it's just another Grier mistake. Even a RB at #30 (CEH) or #35 (D'Andre Swift) would've had more value than someone who gets burned more than a forest in Cali.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu May 20, 2021 10:08 am

I agree DF. The rumblings about X Howard and his contract are only getting louder, and my thoughts are the team drafted Iggy as a contingency plan to have a starter ready to compete at boundary opposite Jones. In fact, it sounds like Howard did not report to the voluntary workout sessions.

I would not be at all surprised to see Grier trade Howard to a contender under a "trade and sign" deal awarding Howard a new contract with a new team in the process. BTW, his value has never been higher, so I expect two first round picks PLUS in return (for reference look at Jamal Adams deal last season).

This brings me back to Iggy. Rookie corners typically have a rough ride, in fact we saw Surtain and Madison look like "busts" their rookie year so I'm not all that concerned. Based on his college scouting report, I believe he can and will develop and improve turning into a starter for us once the logjam at boundary corner is somehow resolved.
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu May 20, 2021 10:19 am

Howard is good no doubt, but two 1st rounders and then have to pay him a boatload???!!!!

I will believe it when I see it. But I doubt Flores would part with Howard UNLESS.... Somebody else steps up to be half-arsed as good. Iggy, maybe?

I think the whole Iggy draft pick was another example of the LATERAL Draft Board Grier uses when he drafts. He sets the players with equivalent rank up laterally, so when that dip shiite OT/Rapper he wanted with that pick got drafted, he had to move laterally and pick one of the guys Flores coveted.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu May 20, 2021 11:22 am

finfanatic wrote:I think the whole Iggy draft pick was another example of the LATERAL Draft Board Grier uses when he drafts. He sets the players with equivalent rank up laterally, so when that dip shiite OT/Rapper he wanted with that pick got drafted, he had to move laterally and pick one of the guys Flores coveted.

Maybe, but I think it's more about fit. They clearly place an emphasis on how players fit what the team wants to do, both on and off the field. It's why guys like Christian Wilkins and Jaylen Waddle were higher on their board than they might have been on other teams' boards. I think the same is true of Iggy: he was the top press/man corner in the draft, and had stellar character - perfect fit. And keep in mind: Iggy was the youngest player in the entire NFL last season. His story is not yet written.

As for Howard, a trade wouldn't surprise me in the next offseason - but I don't think he'll get moved this season. But, you never know these days...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu May 20, 2021 2:05 pm

I heard that Iggy was a natural athlete that has fluid motion. I don't see it when I watch this workout. His hands looked like stone. I can't remember where I read it but they said he would be better than Xavien. I just don't see it.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri May 21, 2021 9:59 am

Yep, we haven't seen much other than those first couple of horrid performances last season. pale

He HAS to be better than that? Right? RIGHT?

But then again.... Jamar Fletcher was ranked fairly high and he stunk mightily.

The draft is a crapshoot.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri May 21, 2021 10:22 am

Many of Grier's picks seem to come on in year two. Fitzpatrick (though it wasn't here) and Gesicki come to mind, Wilkins and Van Ginkel last year. Maybe Noah will be the next. Sure hope so.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri May 21, 2021 11:12 am

HalCHorn wrote:Many of Grier's picks seem to come on in year two.  Fitzpatrick (though it wasn't here) and Gesicki come to mind, Wilkins and Van Ginkel last year.  Maybe Noah will be the next.  Sure hope so.

Seems like young players actually get better as time goes by under Flores and his staff! I know we're not used to that in Miami, but Flo and his coaches clearly know how to develop players. I'm not worried about Iggy at all - he has all the tools, he's motivated, and he's working with a great coaching staff. He'll get there.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon May 24, 2021 12:59 am

He may be the reason X leaves town.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue May 25, 2021 4:34 pm

Umix10 wrote:He may be the reason X leaves town.

I will believe it when I see it.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed May 26, 2021 9:10 am

CarsonChris wrote:
Umix10 wrote:He may be the reason X leaves town.

I will believe it when I see it.

Yep, the hope is that Noah can become a starter at some point, replacing the huge contract of either Jones or X - but as much as I like his upside, there's a long way to go.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down