The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Them Lyin Eyes

+3
finskev
JMP
CarsonChris
7 posters

Go down

Them Lyin Eyes Empty Them Lyin Eyes

Post by CarsonChris Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:36 am

I'm fucking pissed off at the sports media that gave me high hopes for this season.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Them Lyin Eyes Empty Re: Them Lyin Eyes

Post by JMP Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:59 am

I'm pissed that I actually talked myself into believing this team could win 8 games. Embarassed

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:38 pm

Sounds Like an Eagles Song, Do they have Laws in England where they can arrest a Football team for inpersonating one.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:13 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I'm fucking pissed off at the sports media that gave me high hopes for this season.

I'm convinced that just like in '06 the media intentionally hyped up the Fins just to spite the fans. There's no way anyone with a halfway functional brain could've legitimately believed this team was a contender for anything except last place in the division. If someone like me could tell, there's no excuse for anyone else not to have done so.

finskev wrote:Sounds Like an Eagles Song, Do they have Laws in England where they can arrest a Football team for inpersonating one.

No, but over there if a football (soccer) team is awful enough, they get demoted to a lower league.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:30 pm

In complete seriousness, how the HELL does a person who covers the NFL for a living look at this team, see the league's worst O-line and LB corps, a gaping hole at CB opposite Grimes, an ancient Wake who was obviously past it last season, a completely clueless head coach and DC, and say to themselves, "This team looks ready to be a Super Bowl contender!" Even IF you think Suh's the greatest thing since sliced bread, his signing addressed NONE of those issues. And that's not even getting into all the injury-prone guys this team loves to sign and Tannehill simply not being a franchise QB.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:08 am

KC Rodgers would have made a great DC.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:20 pm

CarsonChris wrote:KC Rodgers would have made a great DC.

Just imagine...with him in charge this D could've been great enough to have a nickname. Something like, for example, Kacey and the Sunshine Band. (Rim shot.)

Thank you for throwing fresh tomatoes instead of rotten ones, I'll be here all week! Very Happy

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:35 pm

Yes, well the Suh signing helped, and it did seem the Phins were making some moves, but the whole O Line thing has had me worried all offseason and seeing Queasy Joe install Dallas Thomas as a starting Guard only intensified the trepidation!

And of course, how ANYONE can overlook Clueless Grandpa Joe at the helm??

It is gonna be a long and interminable season IMHO. Just like Sparano's last season. Just like Wannstedt's last season.

At least we have the hope of a high draft pick and maybe, Just MAYBE, even that nitwit Ross will FINALLY see Joe Philbin is NOT a viable HC!

But then again, looking at Ross' history, he may give him an extension and another year!!

AIIIIEEIEEEEEE!!!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:28 am

We have not yet reached that point of (it seems like every season) where the starting QB gets hurt (after we are pretty much out of playoff contention) and matt no more than a backup comes in and leads us to a couple meaningless wins, yet once again causing ross to come to the conclusion that the dead man walking head coach is not really the problem. After all, we did lose our franchise QB (because we just could not find a decent OL, for the ______ year in a row). Look how our head coach "rallied the troops" and "held the locker room together", despite the slow start. We are not that far away really. This team had heart the last part of the season. If we had not lost Tanny, we could have made the playoffs. Let's not only extend grampa joe, but. let's bring back the entire coaching staff, because they also held this team together. I am so looking forward to this week's debacle.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:46 am

scotgif wrote:We have not yet reached that point of (it seems like every season) where the starting QB gets hurt (after we are pretty much out of playoff contention) and matt no more than a backup comes in and leads us to a couple meaningless wins, yet once again causing ross to come to the conclusion that the dead man walking head coach is not really the problem. After all, we did lose our franchise QB (because we just could not find a decent OL, for the ______ year in a row). Look how our head coach "rallied the troops" and "held the locker room together", despite the slow start. We are not that far away really. This team had heart the last part of the season. If we had not lost Tanny, we could have made the playoffs. Let's not only extend grampa joe, but. let's bring back the entire coaching staff, because they also held this team together. I am so looking forward to this week's debacle.

That's the exact problem...when you're mediocre, it seems like greatness isn't that far away. But there has to come a point where you realize that you're just stuck, and you're not actually going to get any better.

The thing that gets me is that it's so obvious that this coaching staff is not willing to make the necessary changes to take that next step forward. They just keep following the same plans over and over, and somehow expect everything to be OK. The NFL isn't rocket science...the law of the land is "adapt or die". This staff won't adapt, so they will die.

I guess we're about to find out just how much pull Tannenbaum has in this organization. Even though I don't like him and don't believe he's the answer, I do believe he is smart enough to see that Philbin and his staff have to go. If Tannenabum wasn't here, I think Ross would stick with Philbin. But IMO there is just no way Tannenbaum is going to be on board with keeping a sub-par coach that has no ties to him whatsoever. If Tannenbaum has as much power as I think he does, then Philbin will not survive a Jets loss this weekend - IMO.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:29 pm

I can just see those Jet bastards realizing what the situation is and tanking the game specifically to keep Philbin around, the bastards Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:58 pm

Well, I am expecting one of two outcomes:

One - The Phins rise up and put up a good fight. Show us some heart, fight to the bitter end or come thru with a victory. But they do not look lackluster, lifeless, HEARTLESS, like they just do not give a damn about playing football. Like they looked against he Bills.

TWO - We see the same abysmal effort from the defense playing that ridiculous prevent defense, with no rush defense, and the Oline gets physiclly abused again, Tannehill gets slobber knocked, and Gandpa Joe looks queasy and clueless....yet again.

Who knows?

I cannot believe the Phins owner gave up a home game in Septemeber in Miami, but then again, if the team plays like they played at home in September against the Bills, London may be a blessing.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:08 pm

finfanatic wrote:TWO - We see the same abysmal effort from the defense playing that ridiculous prevent defense, with no rush defense, and the Oline gets physiclly abused again, Tannehill gets slobber knocked, and Gandpa Joe looks queasy and clueless....yet again.

How sad is it that the latter outcome is actually far more for this team's best interests, both short and long term? Crying or Very sad

I never thought a loss to the Jets would be the best thing to ever happen to the Fins, but that's the world we live in now.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:40 pm

I don't think you have to worry about a victory Sunday.

Think about it: Bowles got passed over for the HC job here and Rodgers got passed over for DC. Both of them know what a joke Coyle is. No way in Hell they won't have their guys just as ready to run through a brick wall as the Bills were last Sunday.

Here's hoping it's Failbin's Final Fail.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum