The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game thoughts - Dolphins vs. Jaguars

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Game thoughts - Dolphins vs. Jaguars - Page 2 Empty Re: Game thoughts - Dolphins vs. Jaguars

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:19 pm

CarsonChris wrote:This offense is ruining as well as the ports in California

I think you meant running, but ruining works as well if not even better Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Game thoughts - Dolphins vs. Jaguars - Page 2 Empty Re: Game thoughts - Dolphins vs. Jaguars

Post by CarsonChris Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:22 pm

The sad fact is since 2006 when I started posting with you guys, the Dolphins have me accustomed to losing. I used to lose sleep over it. Now all I can do is laugh at the ineptitude.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:27 pm

CarsonChris wrote:The sad fact is since 2006 when I started posting with you guys, the Dolphins have me accustomed to losing. I used to lose sleep over it. Now all I can do is laugh at the ineptitude.

SO...you're admitting it's all YOUR fault, then? Razz Wink

There was a time, as hard as it is for me to believe now, when I was all depressed over them being 6-10 in '88 because at that time it was the worst season I'd ever experienced. I thought that was rock bottom. Little did I know...

In the last 17 years alone this team has had a 4-win season, a 5-win season, four more 6-win seasons, four 7-win seasons and of course being one fraidy cat Brian Billick decision away from 0-16. This looks like another 1-win campaign. All of that after having just two losing seasons the previous 23 years (sighs).

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:37 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:The sad fact is since 2006 when I started posting with you guys, the Dolphins have me accustomed to losing. I used to lose sleep over it. Now all I can do is laugh at the ineptitude.

SO...you're admitting it's all YOUR fault, then? Razz Wink

There was a time, as hard as it is for me to believe now, when I was all depressed over them being 6-10 in '88 because at that time it was the worst season I'd ever experienced. I thought that was rock bottom. Little did I know...

In the last 17 years alone this team has had a 4-win season, a 5-win season, four more 6-win seasons, four 7-win seasons and of course being one fraidy cat Brian Billick decision away from 0-16. This looks like another 1-win campaign. All of that after having just two losing seasons the previous 23 years (sighs).

The glory years. I think all our issues stem from the way we did Shula. Gave us bad karma.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:11 pm

CarsonChris wrote:The glory years. I think all our issues stem from the way we did Shula.  Gave us bad karma.

I actually couldn't disagree more. I always figured I'd be upset and depressed when it was time for Shula and Marino to go but when that time came for both of them I just felt relief. It was like having a longtime pet put down who's blind and two legs aren't working anymore and it's stopped eating. There was no way either of them could continue for another season, it would've been just too cruel for both on so many levels. As much as I bash and trash JJ, there's no way Zach or JT are Fins if Shula stays around. The problem wasn't that Shula could still do it (he couldn't) but that he refused to bow out gracefully and forced Huizenga to do what he did. The players had long since tuned him out. If anything Shula's coaching performance from '92-94 only showed why he's still the greatest ever. Just look at how Belichick's faring in his final years. At least Shula went out a lot better than Landry or Noll. The Cowboys got so much "bad karma" from firing Landry (handling it FAR worse than Huizenga handled Shula's departure) that they...won 3 Super Bowls in four years shortly afterwards. The Steelers were so cursed after Noll left that they...became consistent playoff contenders for the first time in a decade.

Where the Fins went wrong was in hiring JJ over Dungy, but JJ was the "hot" name at the time and had won titles and had that history in Miami already so I get why Dungy was never considered. Although if that same hiring process happened today everyone would be calling Ross a racist and he might even be forced to sell the team but I digress.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:07 am

Interesting game observation from this guy on Twitter:

Smart Guy
@SmartJames1981
Tua was 10/12 passing with 117 yards & 1TD in the 4th quarter.

Why does Malcom Brown get the ball on 4th & 1?

I didn't understand that play at all. Not just running instead of passing...in fact, I'm fine running the ball there. But running out of the shotgun on 4th and 1? Really??? So your back needs to run 8 yards just to get the 1 yard - just really, really stupid - especially with an OL that cannot run block at all.

Personally, I would have done that old playaction play where you fake the run up the gut, and release a TE into the middle of the field where he should be wide open for an easy completion.

Anyway, I didn't realize Tua's numbers were so good in the 4th. It's a shame the coaches let him down, again.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:22 am

Dolphins logic: let's keep giving Brown the ball because he's better than Gaskin at attempting to block defenders who blow by our O-line on pass plays, even though he always seems to fail when we need one yard! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:33 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Dolphins logic: let's keep giving Brown the ball because he's better than Gaskin at attempting to block defenders who blow by our O-line on pass plays, even though he always seems to fail when we need one yard!  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

I don't have a problem with Brown at all, especially Sunday when Gaskin looked awful (dropped pass, fumble, under 2 yards a carry). The bigger issue is that the coaches continue to put trust in the OL in key spots, and the OL continues to fail in those situations. Calling a run play on 4th and 1 out of the shotgun is basically saying "our OL will open a up a huge hole for the back by the time he hits the line" - but the reality is, this line has not shown the ability to do that AT ALL this season! So why do it? Either hand the ball off with the QB under center (which worked on a 3rd and short with Brown earlier in the game), do a QB sneak, or run a playaction. Running out of the shotgun in that situation should not have even been a thought!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2