The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

X Howard's contract

5 posters

Go down

X Howard's contract Empty X Howard's contract

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:36 am

Miami intends to re-do Howard's deal...

Dolphins general manager Chris Grier told local reporters Wednesday he has had “multiple talks” with Xavien Howard on restructuring the cornerback’s contract with the expectation he is with the team for the 2022 season.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article258985298.html

...again.

i think both sides realize that because of poor drafting (cough, cough Iggy) and the defense's reliance on DBs, that Howard has the Phins right where he wants them. but i hope they realize that he will be 29 this season and its time to start looking for an influx of good talent at the CB position for the future.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

X Howard's contract Empty Re: X Howard's contract

Post by white1 Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:36 am

Yes, agree on both counts Merc.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:32 am

Good. Keep X in Miami.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:39 am

If they are going to stick with this "Flores" scheme defense, they HAVE TO HAVE at least ONE GREAT CB and one VERY GOOD CB. I have never thought Jones was worth the contract they gave him, but he is undoubtedly the 2nd best CB on the team. And since most teams stay away from Howard, the rest of the DBs will get more tosses their way.

I have been focusing on tall CBs in the draft, and there will be some available that I THINK (hope) might work out. I am waiting to see how the rankings shake out after the combine.

EDIT to add - Of course, I would have never thought Iggy would absolutely STINK either, so... I apparently ain't a good judge of CBs!

Laughing
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:53 pm

All sorts of rumors swirling that the Phins are VERY interested in signing Patriots' free agent star cornerback JC Jackson - and Jackson is interested. The initial thought was that the Phins would trade Byron Jones if they add Jackson. But now, amidst news that the Phins are not close to agreeing to a new deal with X, it could be X Howard that gets traded. This will be a very interesting scenario to monitor.

Here is one article about it:
https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/03/xavien-howard-and-dolphins-not-close-on-a-deal/?fbclid=IwAR1y-drxFH_be99ZsG09qM4lrK0EdlNDfaiWV2h7xHhq_PbRPcC1MnlwR5M

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:11 pm

It’s certainly a possibility and makes sense. We already know if Jackson is signed he will be making more than X.

Instead of reworking X you could do a trade and keep Jones instead.

I love X but he’s probably pushed the team to consider this kind of move. Plus he still has a fairly spotty injury history to worry about and he’s not getting younger. Jackson solves those concerns.
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:33 pm

I like X and hope he stays but this BS of wanting a new contract every season gets old.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:33 pm

Exactly right JEG, and I think Grier is getting tired of it too.

If Howard didn't miss the playing time he has missed then he has more of a case. But the history is there, and you cannot overpay a player with injury concerns.

Grier is putting the right value on him IMO. It's really sounding possible he will sign Jackson and look to trade X. The new team would probably rework his deal as part of the transaction.

white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down