The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Must win division

5 posters

Go down

Must win division Empty Must win division

Post by CarsonChris Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:24 pm

Tua has all the tools to win 13-14 games. The offense has been designed specifically for RPO. This has to be Tua's year to shine!

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Must win division Empty Re: Must win division

Post by JMP Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:14 am

I'm all in. I agree 100%...I want the East. Fuck the Bills!!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:45 am

The Phins HAVE to beat the Bills at least once. That will signal they are legit IMO.

Let's just hope the horrendous play to start a season left with TeamKiller Flores.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:39 am

finfanatic wrote:The Phins HAVE to beat the Bills at least once. That will signal they are legit IMO.

Let's just hope the horrendous play to start a season left with TeamKiller Flores.

We used to have an incredible home field advantage in September and October when other teams wilted in the sun and humidity of Florida. Then we built a practice bubble and started playing late games. We show ourselves in the foot. Bring back 1pm games and ditch the climate control bubble!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:16 am

CarsonChris wrote:We used to have an incredible home field advantage in September and October when other teams wilted in the sun and humidity of Florida. Then we built a practice bubble and started playing late games. We show ourselves in the foot. Bring back 1pm games and ditch the climate control bubble!

You're not kidding about that. Best winning percentage in home games for the first half of the season from '92-02 and 3rd best point differential. Those were the days (sighs).

https://stathead.com/football/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&order_by_asc=0&order_by=points_diff&year_min=1992&year_max=2002&game_type=R&game_location=H&game_num_min=1&game_num_max=8&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt

Sadly, from '03-now it's been the complete opposite. Worst winning percentage and 3rd worst PD.

https://stathead.com/football/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&order_by_asc=0&order_by=points_diff&year_min=2003&year_max=2021&game_type=R&game_location=H&game_num_min=1&game_num_max=8&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:57 am

agreed that Miami used to have a considerably home field advantage in the early part of the season, but how many of those early season leads were counter-balanced by a late season collapse?

as DF316 noted, they had...

Best winning percentage in home games for the first half of the season

...but i can't help but wonder where they ranked for winning percentage in road games for the second half of the season?

were those teams propped up by early season heat-related victories and came crashing to a snowy (NE or Buffalo) reality at the end of season - when the real playoff contenders were hitting their stride?

while yes, i love seeing those early season home victories, i'd much prefer a dominant team that wins throughout the season no matter where they play. just sayin'.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:14 pm

Yeah, they played well in the heat and looked like also-rans in the cold.

For years it is has been terrible personnel decisions and even worse coaching a lot of the time IMO.

While NE had Belicheck and Brady and now the Bills have Allen and McDermott and a very good personnel guy, the Phins always seemed to be a few bricks shy of a load in the GM and HCing dept.

Winning in the NFL is too hard as it is for GOOD Teams. When you are handicapped with nitwit Coaches and a suspect GM and a Dingleberry Owner... it is almost impossible to win.

Let's HOPE that has turned around. I mean... At least maybe a third of it has turned around!

Shocked

Laughing
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:35 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:agreed that Miami used to have a considerably home field advantage in the early part of the season, but how many of those early season leads were counter-balanced by a late season collapse?

as DF316 noted, they had...

Best winning percentage in home games for the first half of the season

...but i can't help but wonder where they ranked for winning percentage in road games for the second half of the season?  

were those teams propped up by early season heat-related victories and came crashing to a snowy (NE or Buffalo) reality at the end of season - when the real playoff contenders were hitting their stride?

while yes, i love seeing those early season home victories, i'd much prefer a dominant team that wins throughout the season no matter where they play.  just sayin'.

I seriously thought about not replying but dagnabit, you guys just know how to push my buttons Laughing ANYWAY...

From '92-02 in road games over the second half of the season the Fins were...middle of the pack in both winning percentage (tied for 13th) and point differential (17th).

https://stathead.com/football/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&order_by_asc=0&order_by=points_diff&year_min=1992&year_max=2002&game_type=R&game_location=R&game_num_min=9&game_num_max=16&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt

HOWEVER...just as I suspected, they weren't much better over this same period at home, either (15th WP, 13th PD). In other words, they were only slightly less likely to lose a key late season game at home than they were on the road.

https://stathead.com/football/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=combined&order_by_asc=0&order_by=points_diff&year_min=1992&year_max=2002&game_type=R&game_location=H&game_num_min=9&game_num_max=16&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt

At least back then when the Fins were banking wins before collapsing late they made the playoffs *most* of the time. (Don't get me started on '93 which had extenuating circumstances anyway and oh BTW they lost 3 straight at home during that infamous losing streak.) I'll take that over the Flores Method of shitting the bed early before rallying late and still missing the playoffs but with worse draft position any day!

ADDENDUM: Also, from this period the Fins weren't as bad in cold weather games as you think. 6-7 isn't great but it's not horrible either. And note that four of the losses occurred on Wanny's watch, including three in '02 alone! And very few games were actually played in snow, at least not from this time period.

https://stathead.com/football/tgl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=game&order_by_asc=0&order_by=game_date&year_min=1992&year_max=2002&game_type=R&team_id=mia&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&temperature_gtlt=lt&temperature=40

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:20 am

When you said Wanny...You've said it all! Rolling Eyes

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:58 am

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-going-for-it-in-2022-and-it-was-the-right-plan-all-along

"This was not a rebuild," GM Chris Grier said Monday. "This was finding the right players, right pieces, right time and I think we’ve acquired a lot of young talent coming in but you can find good, veteran players that are not only good players but leaders as well. People talk about Tyreek’s (Hill) leadership there in Kansas City. The Saints have all raved, you hear GM Mickey Loomis stopped me again and said (Terron Armstead is) one of the best human beings you’ll ever be around.

"I think for our roster, if you can add however people – blue players, as people call those top players at positions in the league especially if they’re great leaders and veterans. For these guys, I think it’s a great opportunity for us so we just felt this was the right time to really be aggressive.”

In his exclusive one-on-one interview with All Dolphins prior to the 2022 scouting combine, McDaniel made it clear how he viewed his first season with Miami in terms of expectations after two playoff near-misses.

This is what he said when I asked him how close he thought the Dolphins were to being contenders: "I mean, it would be irresponsible if I answer that question before free agency and the draft in a concrete way, but abstractly, I mean, very close, as close as one game out. And we have a bunch of young talent. I have a coaching staff that is very, very talented and very invested in the players, and I expect all the players to be better. So my expectations is that we continue to progress with what has been started here because it's been one game out both years, essentially.

"All I know is the players that I've talked to in the locker room in the building, everybody's ready to take that next step. And that's all of our goals is to take that next step .... and close? They've already been close. I'd like to progress further. And so whatever that means ... I've been in the league long enough to stay away from stamped headlines. A lot of things can happen, but I can tell you that the expectations are to move forward. And when you're a game away, I'll let you fill in the dots."

sunny sunny sunny

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down