The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins exercise the 5th year option on Christian Wilkins

3 posters

Go down

Dolphins exercise the 5th year option on Christian Wilkins Empty Dolphins exercise the 5th year option on Christian Wilkins

Post by finfanatic Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:09 am

USA Today link

Despite the Miami Dolphins moving on from Brian Flores and bringing in a young, first-time head coach in Mike McDaniel this offseason, one of the themes of this period has been continuity.

On Thursday, that ideal continued for the Dolphins, as they exercised the fifth-year option in defensive tackle Christian Wilkins’ contract to keep him on the team until at least the end of the 2023 season, paying him $10.7 million guaranteed in that final season.

I think this is a good move. Wilkins was a beast this season. If he continues to play like that the next two years...

Is it me, or does it seem like the whole dynamic of the Phins org has changed?

I don't want to get suckered again like I was by ToxicTeamKiller Flores, but I have to say... I am liking these moves so far...

We shall see.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Dolphins exercise the 5th year option on Christian Wilkins Empty Re: Dolphins exercise the 5th year option on Christian Wilkins

Post by JMP Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:18 pm

Excellent move. Hopefully they can lock him up long term. He's such a key piece of this entire team, not just the defense.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphins exercise the 5th year option on Christian Wilkins Empty Re: Dolphins exercise the 5th year option on Christian Wilkins

Post by JEGnj Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:35 pm

Great move but I want Gesicki and Wilkens long term.

Really have not seen much coverage with baseball and hockey still going on. I am excited with the FA moves but with only a few late round picks I could care less about the draft. I'll read the comments after.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down