The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Akiem Hicks And Carlos Dunlap???

4 posters

Go down

Akiem Hicks And Carlos Dunlap???  Empty Akiem Hicks And Carlos Dunlap???

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 02, 2022 6:38 am

That's who the Fins are thinking about signing, apparently.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-interested-in-two-veteran-defenders

I just can't help but think that if they drafted Noah Elliss and Jeffery Gunter in the 7th instead of an OLB and QB who aren't making the team, signings geezers like Hicks and Dunlap wouldn't have been necessary.

(Sighs.) Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Akiem Hicks And Carlos Dunlap???  Empty Re: Akiem Hicks And Carlos Dunlap???

Post by finfanatic Mon May 02, 2022 10:18 am

It's a tradeoff... The time to develop a rookie into a productive player... or use the cap space for THIS YEAR and get proven players...

Dunlap especially might be a good signing. He would almost instantly be the Dolphins best pass rusher opposite Ogbah. Or spelling Ogbah maybe?

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 02, 2022 10:25 am

I'm fine bringing in veteran DL depth. But we need a center too!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 02, 2022 10:25 am

finfanatic wrote:It's a tradeoff... The time to develop a rookie into a productive player... or use the cap space for THIS YEAR and get proven players...

Dunlap especially might be a good signing. He would almost instantly be the Dolphins best pass rusher opposite Ogbah. Or spelling Ogbah maybe?

You do know that Elliss/Gunter could've both been drafted and Hicks/Dunlap still could've been signed, right?

Better than blowing a 7th on some random scrub QB who wasn't even the best one picked in the 7th and doesn't help this team now or in the future Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 02, 2022 10:26 am

JMP wrote:I'm fine bringing in veteran DL depth.  But we need a center too!

Tom was RIGHT FUCKING THERE at 125, man. (Whispers.) Right there...

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 02, 2022 10:38 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

I did want Tom, but I think Ezukanma could be a stud receiver. I like that pick a lot.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 02, 2022 10:47 am

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:

I did want Tom, but I think Ezukanma could be a stud receiver.  I like that pick a lot.

Center was the FAR bigger need, Tom could've played OT if need be, and Tanner Connor is bigger and faster than Ekuzanma.

BTW I just watched the post-day 3 presser with Grier and McDaniel and the first question asked was why no center and if they even considered O-line at all, and both of them hemmed and hawed and refused to answer without refusing to answer, if you know what I mean. I really think Grier's on an ego trip and still thinks all the O-line busts he drafted recently will somehow pan out. But even if that's true it still doesn't change the fact that Dieter was the only center on roster and bringing in some undrafted guy won't do squat to address it.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon May 02, 2022 10:59 am

I liked Doubs better than Ezukanma, but for some reason Doubs slipped in the draft. Early on he was a 2nd round pick and then he slid to 3rd and ultimately to the 4th.

I think he ran a 4.72 40 time at some workout when he is supposed to be a 4.5 guy?

I had a friend say he heard the word on Ezukanma was McDaniels wanted a WR who could get YAC, and supposedly Ezukanma is great at that? I have not been able to verify that, but...

I suspect Ezukanma will have a very good career in the NFL as a WR.

Either Grier and Co. had a definite plan going into the draft and it was far different than the plan we Phans thought they should have....OR... the draft did not fall they way they had hoped it would. It would have been very interesting to see what would have happened if Jurgens or Fortner had been there at 102?

finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 02, 2022 11:43 am

Ezukanma is definitely a YAC guy, and he supposedly has great hands. Looks like an ideal fit for McDaniel's offense to me.

I think the draft fell perfectly for Miami - they got the LB they targeted, a WR that fits the offense well, developmental prospects at pass rusher and QB, and a strong group of UDFAs. Not sure what anyone else expected with 4 late picks...you can only do so much when working with that situation.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 02, 2022 11:46 am

JMP wrote:Ezukanma is definitely a YAC guy, and he supposedly has great hands.  Looks like an ideal fit for McDaniel's offense to me.

I think the draft fell perfectly for Miami - they got the LB they targeted, a WR that fits the offense well, developmental prospects at pass rusher and QB, and a strong group of UDFAs.  Not sure what anyone else expected with 4 late picks...you can only do so much when working with that situation.

You know who I expected...

At least I have my criticisms and opinions on record to be looked back on later as opposed to someone who raves about a pick and then when the guy turns out to be a bust, pretends he was against the pick all along. Not taking shots at anybody here (seriously) but so many people do that sort of thing these days and it drives me mad! Evil or Very Mad Or madder than I already am, at least Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon May 02, 2022 12:02 pm

I like Ezuknama fine, he was really good in a situation with a less than stellar QB situation. But I was Team Tom for that pick myself. I was also hoping we'd trade down and add some ammo for 2023 which will be a better overall draft.

Getting Diesch was a great value though. We got three UDFA's that I think should have been drafted. And I would have preferred going after UDFA Christopher Allen rather than looking at older players if we still need pass rushers, but that's just my opinion.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 02, 2022 12:17 pm

HalCHorn wrote:I like Ezuknama fine, he was really good in a situation with a less than stellar QB situation.  But I was Team Tom for that pick myself.

THANK YOU.

"We stuck to our board" is the standard catchphrase all incompetent GMs use. Ireland used to say that exact same thing all the time. If your drafts keep being mediocre/awful every year then it's time to change the way you set up your board, methinks.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum