The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Sure Is Strange...

5 posters

Go down

It Sure Is Strange... Empty It Sure Is Strange...

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:12 pm

How many people on the internet I've seen demanding that the NFL do something about its officials after the Fins got a bad call to go their way for the first time in what seems like decades, when these same people's response to all bad calls beforehand (most of which were way worse) was basically, "Quit crying and take that L!"

Yup, real strange scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

It Sure Is Strange... Empty Re: It Sure Is Strange...

Post by finfanatic Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:18 pm

I bet they institute an override from someone in NY who gets to decide if it was PI or not?

Very Happy
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:44 am

There were two notable penalties that had a negative impact on the Bears, both involving pass interference. And, according to Alex Shapiro of NBC Sports Chicago, the NFL said, upon review, its officials missed on those exact calls.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nfl-admits-officials-missed-223522198.html

the league sure doesn't ever seem to go out of its way to admit they were wrong when the Dolphins get jobbed. either way, it doesn't matter for the Bears - the game is over. however, keep a very close eye on the officials this week against Cleveland and see if they try to "make it up" with some phantom calls against Miami.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:52 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
There were two notable penalties that had a negative impact on the Bears, both involving pass interference. And, according to Alex Shapiro of NBC Sports Chicago, the NFL said, upon review, its officials missed on those exact calls.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-nfl-admits-officials-missed-223522198.html

the league sure doesn't ever seem to go out of its way to admit they were wrong when the Dolphins get jobbed.  either way, it doesn't matter for the Bears - the game is over.  however, keep a very close eye on the officials this week against Cleveland and see if they try to "make it up" with some phantom calls against Miami.

Well, defenders are allowed to put their arm around a receiver as long as they don't turn the receiver. After watching the replay several times, I'd call it borderline. Crossen had his arm there, but the receiver wasn't turned and still had a chance to catch it. I've seen plays like that called penalties and not called penalties...could go either way. In the end, it is what it is - every game features controversial calls and non-calls.

I'm much more concerned by the 3-4 times I saw Jae Phillips get tackled by Chicago O-linemen - with no penalties called. There's also a screenshot floating around from that game of Chubb being molested by an OL with an obvious hold - but no flag. Offensive holding in the trenches can be called on almost every play, of course, but when it is as blatant as that there shouldn't even be a question.

And yes - I am worried that the officials will be flag-happy on Sunday to try to "punish" the Dolphins for the Bears game.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:03 pm

I have a hard time watching games this year. Is this year the year they've thrown more flags than ever. Flag football

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down