The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies and gentleman, I present the NFL MVP to you:

5 posters

Go down

Ladies and gentleman, I present the NFL MVP to you: Empty Ladies and gentleman, I present the NFL MVP to you:

Post by JMP Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:35 pm

Ladies and gentleman, I present the NFL MVP to you: 1440305240.0

There is no denying it - Tua is the best player in the NFL right now.

Anyone who tells you differently is flat-out WRONG.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

JEGnj likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ladies and gentleman, I present the NFL MVP to you: Empty Re: Ladies and gentleman, I present the NFL MVP to you:

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:04 pm

It really is amazing isn't it? Tua goes from a player the media wrote off so completely they insisted the Fins were going to trade for a sexual predator for over a year!!! A player completely sabotaged by his own coach--and even THEN he was rising above it! A player whose been subjected to more hate than any other I can recall in 40 years of following football!!!

As far as I'm concerned the media shouldn't even be allowed to jump on the Tua bandwagon and pretend to be fans of his now! They set the narrative, they need to be held accountable for it!!!

DolFan 316

JMP and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Ladies and gentleman, I present the NFL MVP to you: Empty Re: Ladies and gentleman, I present the NFL MVP to you:

Post by JMP Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:01 pm

https://www.al.com/sports/2022/11/tua-tagovailoa-surpasses-dan-marino-feat-for-miami.html

...the “MVP” chants at Hard Rock Stadium during Miami’s 39-17 victory over the Cleveland Browns on Sunday were for Tagovailoa.

“There’s no doubt I heard that,” Tagovailoa said. “You could hear that when there was a TV timeout, when we were walking back into the tunnel. It’s flattering, but what we came to do and what we came to accomplish, it’s not accomplished yet, so it’d be cool, but we have bigger goals and aspirations on what we want to do as a team.”

“Tua’s playing very, very high-level football,” Miami coach Mike McDaniel said after Sunday’s victory. “It’s phenomenal to watch him commit to the process. It’s the third game in a row I didn’t feel a high or a low from him. He just tried to execute each and every play.”

The production [the past 3 games] allowed Tagovailoa to become the fourth player in NFL history with a three-game streak of at least three touchdown passes and 285 passing yards and no interceptions. He joined Tom Brady in 2007, Aaron Rodgers in 2012 and Patrick Mahomes in 2019.

“He’s really seeing the field well,” McDaniel said, “and I think sometimes how fast he’s playing and how fast he’s processing, you cut the tape on and it looks like he might be throwing to No. 1 or 2, but he’s progressing through eligible one through 5 in his progression with lightning speed, and that’s really making it frustrating to a defensive front. You’re in pass-rush mode, and you can’t get to him. That can wear on you.

“So he’s doing a lot of things -- visually manipulating defenders, making really good throws and getting the ball out -- and when he is throwing into contested situations from time to time, he’s putting outstanding ball placement, so it’s probably – what? -- 90 pass attempts roughly in three games and I don’t think there’s been a close interception or a turnover, so you’re talking about being able to have an aggressive style of football play where you can feel comfortable as an offense, as a coach to call a pass play and know you’re not going to give the defense it back.”

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:08 pm

The production [the past 3 games] allowed Tagovailoa to become the fourth player in NFL history with a three-game streak of at least three touchdown passes and 285 passing yards and no interceptions. He joined Tom Brady in 2007, Aaron Rodgers in 2012 and Patrick Mahomes in 2019.

With how absurdly easy it's become to pass in the 21st century NFL, only four players pulling this off is utterly mind-blowing Shocked Shocked Shocked

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:35 pm

And I just heard this: Tua is the first QB in NFL history with a 135+ rating in 3 straight games.

And I already mentioned he has the best 3rd down rating since they started tracking it in 1991...THE. BEST. Speaking of third downs:

Brett Brecheisen
@bbrech

@Tua on third down today...

7-of-7 (100.0 pct.) for 80 yards and 1 TD.

153.9 rating.

His rating on third down in the past three games:

W8 at Det. - 158.3
W9 at Chi. - 158.3
W10 vs. Cle. - 153.9

6:45 PM · Nov 13, 2022

We are witnessing some of the best QB play EVER. Seriously - Tua is doing things that have never been done before. Elite.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:59 pm

And oh yeah...the QB all the "experts" were giving the MVP award to before the season started currently leads the NFL in interceptions.  Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:50 am

It is a night and day difference between Flores Tua and Mike McDaniel Tua. McDaniel should be in consideration for coach of the year.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:31 am

CarsonChris wrote:McDaniel should be in consideration for coach of the year.

Without a doubt! He has done a fantastic job changing the mindset of the locker room, and aside from a couple of hiccups he has been a borderline master playcaller. The way he has turned Tua's career around - and fixed the OL - is nothing short of miraculous.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:36 am

I literally cannot remember the O-line playing this well for at least this entire century. Maybe since the '94 season even.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:16 am

Anyone who has watched Saban much knows how "conservative" he is, and as I have said before, for him to
sit Jalen Hurts and put Tua in as the QB was BIG!! He wouldn't do that for just ANY QB. But Tua was something different and Saban knew it. When he had Tua play the opposition QB for practice and he was shredding the Bama Defensive Starters, and even the other players were going "Whoa! Why is he not starting??"

Again, I have said it before, if you get Bama Tua you are getting something special. Something special enough to make a "leans conservative" Nick Saban switch from his Championship caliber QB in a season when Bama was already slated to win it all with Hurts! That should tell you that Tua has "something" special.

Even I had doubts though watching Tua the first few years... But as I have heard guys who know say "Which team and HC/Coaching Staff drafts you makes as much difference as where/when you get drafted."

After watching ToxicTeamKiller Flores flub the offense and handling of his rookie QB how refreshing is it to see how "Mystic Mike" is handling Tua?

Now, if we can just:
One - Keep Tua (and Terran Armstead) healthy.
Two - Keep friggin' dipshiite dumbarse Ross from fowling things up anymore than he already has

Just think how close the Phins came to dumping everything for Watson.

And then think how close the Phins were to having Payton as HC and Tom Brady at QB... All because the Phins Owner is a flaming idiot who deserves to be tarred and feathered and rode out of town on a flaming rail!!

Evil or Very Mad

Just thinking of how much the Phins could have done with that second 1st round pick this year that the Phins idiot owner cost them by being being an even bigger and stupider idiot than usual...

Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

How much does it cost to rent a hot tar melter kettle nowadays?

Asking for a friend.

Smile
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:39 am

DolFan 316 wrote:As far as I'm concerned the media shouldn't even be allowed to jump on the Tua bandwagon and pretend to be fans of his now! They set the narrative, they need to be held accountable for it!!!  

Right!

So has ESPN’s Mike Tannenbaum, who predicted in August that Tagovailoa might be benched this season.

But Tannenbaum said this week on Max Kellerman’s ESPN show that if he had to pick between Tagovailoa and Philadelphia’s Jalen Hurts, “I’m going with Tua for two reasons. I love how he gets the ball down the field, really has improved his downfield accuracy and number two, I gotta go with what Nick Saban said. He had both Tua and Jalen Hurts. He might be the greatest college coach in the history of our game and he picked Tua. Both good young quarterbacks. Both have improved.”

Tannenbaum politely declined to discuss Tagovailoa off the air.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article267919597.html

oh fuck no Tannenshit. get off the Tua bus.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:45 am

Brett Brecheisen
@bbrech

Here is where @Tua ranks in some important passing categories:

Passer Rating: 1st (118.4)

3rd Down Passer Rating: 1st (149.Cool

4th Quarter Passer Rating: 1st (123.2)

Red Zone Passer Rating: 1st (118.Cool

Yards Per Attempt: 1st (9.13)

9:13 AM · Nov 14, 2022

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:56 am

finfanatic wrote:Anyone who has watched Saban much knows how "conservative" he is, and as I have said before, for him to
sit Jalen Hurts and put Tua in as the QB was BIG!! He wouldn't do that for just ANY QB. But Tua was something different and Saban knew it. When he had Tua play the opposition QB for practice and he was shredding the Bama Defensive Starters, and even the other players were going "Whoa! Why is he not starting??"

Again, I have said it before, if you get Bama Tua you are getting something special. Something special enough to make a "leans conservative" Nick Saban switch from his Championship caliber QB in a season when Bama was already slated to win it all with Hurts! That should tell you that Tua has "something" special.

Great point. Bama was a team based on running and defense before Tua. But Saban and his staff completely changed their entire philosophy when Tua took over, becoming a big play, quick score offense almost overnight. That's a big deal for a coach that is known as a real "my way or the highway" coach. Tua was arguably the most efficient QB in college football history - no joke - and now under McDaniel we are seeing those traits in the NFL.

Today's NFL is all about efficiency, ball placement and timing/anticipation. Right now Tua is the best QB in the league in all 3 categories, and that is not debatable. We're in the midst of a really special QB season, one that may not have been seen before. Seriously - look at my previous post with his #1 rating in all those key categories. Those numbers are astronomical and among the best ALL-TIME. And it's not hyperbole - it's fact-based stats. After decades of futility, it's mind-boggling to think that a Dolphins QB is at this level.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:00 am

mercury22nathan wrote:

So has ESPN’s Mike Tannenbaum, who predicted in August that Tagovailoa might be benched this season.

But Tannenbaum said this week on Max Kellerman’s ESPN show that if he had to pick between Tagovailoa and Philadelphia’s Jalen Hurts, “I’m going with Tua for two reasons. I love how he gets the ball down the field, really has improved his downfield accuracy and number two, I gotta go with what Nick Saban said. He had both Tua and Jalen Hurts. He might be the greatest college coach in the history of our game and he picked Tua. Both good young quarterbacks. Both have improved.”

Tannenbaum politely declined to discuss Tagovailoa off the air.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article267919597.html

oh fuck no Tannenshit.  get off the Tua bus.

Too late, dipshit. You missed the boat and you don't get to join now. You had a ridiculous, uninformed take and you doubled, tripled and quadrupled down on it over and over. Just shut up and keep my QB's name out of your damn mouth!

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:35 pm

Rich Hribar
@LordReebs

41.2% of Tua Tagovailoa's red zone passes have gone for TDs, highest rate in the league.

League rate is 22.9%.

Russell Wilson is at 6.3%, lowest rate in the league.
9:19 AM · Nov 14, 2022

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:36 am

One of those talking heads said somebody... I didn't catch the name... said Tua is a "Timing Savant" in the passing game.

If you watch much football, the key to the passing offense is timing. When you throw is ALMOST as important as Where you throw it.

If you ever watched a QB with bad timing try to run a passing offense that needs the ball to be at a particular place at a particular time on a receiver's route, you will understand how important the timing aspect of it is to the offense.

Prime Example from the Florida Gators recent past. Dan Mullens offense was based on RPOs when Felipe Franks was the QB, and Franks could run like Lamar Jackson, but his timing was just a tad off. The offense struggled. Franks went down and in comes Kyle Trask who runs like he has one foot in a big cement tub, and left his other leg at home that day. But he understood the TIMING of the offense and was not afraid to gunsling it to his receivers. And suddenly, the Dan Mullen RPO offense became the Dan Mullen Passing Offense and Kyle Pitts went from being a regular TE to a pass catching phenom. Kadarius Toney went from being a RPO RB to a slot receiver who was fairly dangerous in the open field.

After Trask left, Emory Jones took over as QB and his idea of timing was a sundial apparently. He was late on every throw, and made poor decisions. The offense stunk and so did the team. And now Dan Mullens (who couldn't recruit a shipwreck survivor off a desert island with offers of food and salvation) is an analyst.

All that said, Tua's decision making has improved as well. He seems to understand this offense and knows where the receivers will be. How many times did we see him correct a player who was lining up wrong on Sunday?

Command of the offense, incredible accuracy, and nearly all his throws are on time. If you have the talent around a QB who is on top of his game like that... As Archuleta kept saying "...that's the sign of a good offense."

finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:38 pm

Excellent post, FF!

finfanatic wrote:
If you watch much football, the key to the passing offense is timing. When you throw is ALMOST as important as Where you throw it.

If you ever watched a QB with bad timing try to run a passing offense that needs the ball to be at a particular place at a particular time on a receiver's route, you will understand how important the timing aspect of it is to the offense.

Yep, offense today is timing and accuracy. And when I say "accuracy", it's ball placement - and not just throw the ball where the receiver can catch it. It's much more about throw the ball where the receiver can catch it - AND he can get yards after the catch AND the defender has no chance at getting the ball. Tua is an absolute MASTER at both timing AND ball placement. You watch a QB like Herbert, and so many times the play is dead after the receiver catches it because he has to either contort his body to catch it, or a defender is able to immediately tackle him. I would say Herbert's ball placement is borderline-terrible, and that's why the Chargers' dink-and-dunk offense can't put points on the board.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:01 am

Andrew Tornetta
@AndrewTornetta
·
Nov 20
Career stats in 1 score games in the 4th quarter:

Tua: 70-93, 75%, 880 yds, 9.5 YPA, 7 TD, 3 INT, 126 QB Rating, 12-3 Record

Herbert: 172-268, 64%, 1,888 yds, 7.0 YPA, 14 TD, 12 INT (2 pick sixes), 80 QB Rating, 12-16 record

It’s not a secret why Tua wins more than Herbert

Much smaller sample size for Tua, but these differences between QBs are staggering.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum