The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brace Yourselves, This Will Knock You Out Of Your Seats!!!

4 posters

Go down

Brace Yourselves, This Will Knock You Out Of Your Seats!!!  Empty Brace Yourselves, This Will Knock You Out Of Your Seats!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:15 pm

It's official--the home/road disparity in points allowed per game this season is officially the biggest gap in franchise history. 15.3 per game at home and 32.8 on the road.

I'd been thinking for weeks it was the biggest gap I could remember since '02 and...it was. '02 and '01 turned out to be the only other times in Fins history that they gave up over twice as many points per game on the road than at home as well, but in both cases the gap wasn't nearly as big as this season so far.

BUT WAIT~! There's more. If you just counted the points allowed at home, this D would actually be the NFL's best!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked The real life best D is currently the 49ers, at 15.8 PPG.

And as I pointed out earlier the nearly 33 PPG given up on the road is right up there with the worst NFL defenses of all time. The minimum of 27 points allowed in a road game this season is exactly equal to the Lions' current league-worst PPG average!  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked Furthermore, they're on pace to set the franchise record for points per road game allowed, which is currently 32.5 by the '18 team.

Is this a reason to fire Boyer? I say yes. If the D continues its rotten road ways, I would even go so far as to fire him before the season ends.

I for one am baffled, befuddled and bewildered by this  scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Brace Yourselves, This Will Knock You Out Of Your Seats!!!  Empty Re: Brace Yourselves, This Will Knock You Out Of Your Seats!!!

Post by JMP Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:31 pm

Shocked That's really one of the strangest stats I've heard. It really makes no sense. Some difference would be expected, but that disparity is just ridiculous!

Nice work, 316!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Brace Yourselves, This Will Knock You Out Of Your Seats!!!  Empty Re: Brace Yourselves, This Will Knock You Out Of Your Seats!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:45 pm

JMP wrote: Shocked That's really one of the strangest stats I've heard. It really makes no sense. Some difference would be expected, but that disparity is just ridiculous!

Nice work, 316!

I'd actually sent you a PM telling you I was making a blockbuster post, but then after I posted this it made no sense to tell you I was about to post it when you'd just see it for yourself so I deleted the PM Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:56 pm

LOL I got a notification that you sent a PM but I didn't see anything new!

Definitely a great post. I'll have to dig into it more when i have time.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:54 am

when asked, McDaniel explained...

On why the defense has allowed far more points on the road than at home: “It has to do with particular opponents.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article269636056.html

so Mikes's reasoning is that the Phins are getting the good offenses on the road and the crappy teams in Miami. or is this just the old early season Miami home heat advantage and later season road struggles rearing its head once again.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:28 am

mercury22nathan wrote:when asked, McDaniel explained...

On why the defense has allowed far more points on the road than at home: “It has to do with particular opponents.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article269636056.html

so Mikes's reasoning is that the Phins are getting the good offenses on the road and the crappy teams in Miami.  or is this just the old early season Miami home heat advantage and later season road struggles rearing its head once again.

So the Vikings and Bills aren't good opponents now??? Better hope nobody from the Bills reads that bit, it'll be pinned to a bulletin board in the locker room if they do.

At least someone else has noticed the disparity and is calling people out on it, though. Baby steps and all that. I also can't help but wonder if Barry Jackson is the new Armando, if ya know what I mean.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:07 am

DolFan 316 wrote: I also can't help but wonder if Barry Jackson is the new Armando, if ya know what I mean.

Very Happy Welcome to the Dolfan Cave, Barry!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:34 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote: I also can't help but wonder if Barry Jackson is the new Armando, if ya know what I mean.

Very Happy Welcome to the Dolfan Cave, Barry!

Laughing

Who was that reporter who used to come out with an article on the same topic the next day or so after some of us posted about an issue or concern?
Armando I think?

I used to think it was just co-inki-dink but after he used the same sentences almost verbatim a time or two...

Yeah, this one is a puzzler for sure. Sort of like SpongeBob Sparano's home record versus road record!

Nice post DF316.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum