The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There Have Been Three Other Times...

3 posters

Go down

There Have Been Three Other Times... Empty There Have Been Three Other Times...

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:11 am

In Fins history when they've played back to back road games in the Pacific time zone. '80, '04 and '16. All three times they won the second game. In '80 and '16 the second game was in LA. I'm looking for any good sign I can get!

https://stathead.com/tiny/X2ncc

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

There Have Been Three Other Times... Empty Re: There Have Been Three Other Times...

Post by white1 Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:15 am

Me too.

I'll be tuning in this week with emotions somewhere between excited jubilation and paralyzing terror...
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

There Have Been Three Other Times... Empty Re: There Have Been Three Other Times...

Post by HalCHorn Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:22 pm

If the 2004 and 1980 teams did that, then this team certainly should be able to.

HalCHorn

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:26 pm

HalCHorn wrote:If the 2004 and 1980 teams did that, then this team certainly should be able to.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Rams win in '80 is of the 5 biggest upset wins in franchise history. Just the complete opposite of how that Fins offense played in pretty much every other game, for one thing. It's not just rushing for over 100 yards more than their second best rushing total of the season, it's that Woodley plays like a Hall Of Famer out of nowhere. I believe the game's still on Youtube.

Just getting rid of Wanny made the '04 team go from "worst in the league" to "halfway competent". Even with Wanny they lost four games by 8 or less and were only really trounced once.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum