The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REALLY Disturbing Stat

2 posters

Go down

REALLY Disturbing Stat Empty REALLY Disturbing Stat

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:54 pm

The Fins and Titans are currently tied for the most games this season without scoring a point in the 4th quarter Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://stathead.com/tiny/qrxaz

I'm not saying this is the reason the Titans just fired Jon Robinson, but it couldn't have helped. Five of these games happened with Tua playing all or most of the way. I thought he was supposed to be money in the 4th? scratch And what's more, VS the 49ers they were just around half a minute away from making it EIGHT games. Did they use up all their season's 4th quarter mojo against the Ravens?

This has GOT to change against the Herberts or the season is lost!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

REALLY Disturbing Stat Empty Re: REALLY Disturbing Stat

Post by finfanatic Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:51 pm

I know I get arguments when I mention the OFFENSIVE INCONSISTENCY, but this Phins offense leaves a whole lot of meat on the bone when it comes to plays that should be made. They look like worldbeaters for a half and then go in the tank and couldn't get a 1st down if they had seven or eight plays!!

A friend of mine and I have been kicking this back and forth and there seem to be two major factors or so we have surmised entirely through WAGs...
ONE - the Oline just is not making the changes needed if the D starts doing some shifts and stunts.
TWO - When the defense starts actively trying to take away the center of the field and force Tua to go outside, he is not as effective.

I have no stats to back this up, but I do remember thinking the Steelers made a Defensive adjustment that shut down Tua's passing. And versus Houston, the Phins Oline looked like two day old TERDS in the 2nd half, so...

I firmly believe that a 3rd element is McD's lack of willingness to call runs when the Phins have a big lead is also not helping.
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down