The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tua In CONCUSSION PROTOCOL Now?!?!

+4
CarsonChris
finfanatic
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
8 posters

Go down

Tua In CONCUSSION PROTOCOL Now?!?!  Empty Tua In CONCUSSION PROTOCOL Now?!?!

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:47 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/26/tua-tagovailoa-placed-in-concussion-protocol-again/

According to the link Tua...actually went to the doctors himself because somehow nobody noticed him actually getting a concussion during the game despite the fact that a NEW RULE WAS PASSED SPECIFICALLY TO SPOT THIS.

I cannot make this stuff up.

On the other hand, how sad is it that the Fins' chances to win probably go UP if Tua doesn't play a road game in December with the playoffs on the line?

If I'm in charge I sit him for the season. Seriously. It's time to stop clinging to the illusion that this team can still make the playoffs.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Tua In CONCUSSION PROTOCOL Now?!?!  Empty Re: Tua In CONCUSSION PROTOCOL Now?!?!

Post by HalCHorn Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:18 pm

My man Teddy was wrongfully denied the chance to play in New York and will avenge that slight Sunday against the hated Patsies.  Book it! :-) We're heading to the playoffs!

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Tua In CONCUSSION PROTOCOL Now?!?!  Empty Re: Tua In CONCUSSION PROTOCOL Now?!?!

Post by finfanatic Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:23 am

Yeah, maybe this is just a way around benching Tua after horrendous performance?

I am still doubtful about the Pats game.

I watched most of the Bengals game and the Pats never gave up and managed to make Joe Burrows look like just a regular QB.

What are the Pats gonna be able to do to Tua/Teddy who have already looked like Hot garbage a time or two???

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:57 am

So much missing from our offense. Our game plans need more.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:01 am

finfanatic wrote:Yeah, maybe this is just a way around benching Tua after horrendous performance?

No, if that was the case they'd have to put the entire special teams, OL, defense, Mostert and coaching staff in the protocol as well. They all had even more horrendous performances than Tua over the weekend.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:03 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
If I'm in charge I sit him for the season. Seriously.

It all depends on how he reacts this week. But sure, that's a possibility. You have to consider his long-term health.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:07 am

Tua Self Reported Himself which is Smart on His Part , It's Shows He cares about His Health Like some People in the Press say He just wants to Play Ball. Time for Bridgewater to Play some Ball and Earn some Money.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:22 am

At least there is a reason for his breakdown and horrible performance but this might be the end of his career and we have no 1st round picks to work with.
Think the Miami Dolphins have crashed and burned but still might make the Playoffs without a real QB.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:53 am

JEGnj wrote:At least there is a reason for his breakdown and horrible performance but this might be the end of his career and we have no 1st round picks to work with.
Think the Miami Dolphins have crashed and burned but still might make the Playoffs without a real QB.

I don't think this is the end of Tua's career. In fact, we don't even know yet if he had a concussion in the Packers game. And even if he did, I doubt his career is in jeopardy after getting two concussions in a season. Plenty of players deal with that and more every season - Tee Higgins on the Bengals has had two concussions this season, as an example.

Long-term, it's definitely an issue if and when it continues to happen...but in the short-term there's no reason he can't continue playing. That's a decision he'll have to make with his family, but I don't see any reason why he'd call it quits now.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:04 am

JMP wrote:
JEGnj wrote:At least there is a reason for his breakdown and horrible performance but this might be the end of his career and we have no 1st round picks to work with.

I don't think this is the end of Tua's career.  In fact, we don't even know yet if he had a concussion in the Packers game.  And even if he did, I doubt his career is in jeopardy after getting two concussions in a season.  Plenty of players deal with that and more every season - Tee Higgins on the Bengals has had two concussions this season, as an example.

Long-term, it's definitely an issue if and when it continues to happen...but in the short-term there's no reason he can't continue playing.  That's a decision he'll have to make with his family, but I don't see any reason why he'd call it quits now.

Tua's now a marked man, that's the difference. Also, he seems to actually be built to attract concussions the way his head bounces off the turf like no other QB I've ever seen or heard of.

Yes, the way the NFLPA has refused to say a word about any other player on any other team getting concussions (coughKennyPickettcough) is complete and utter bullshit. But how much longer can this Tua thing go on? Do you really think he can play even 4-5 more games without having this happen to him AGAIN? I'm actually in favor of him walking away now, and I NEVER thought I'd say that even a month ago. I'm just sick and tired of this team being "investigated' every time Tua takes a hit. Plus if he retires then the NFLPA will have to either start picking on another team or be exposed as the complete hypocrites we both knew they were all along.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:34 pm

So it has finally been confirmed that Tua has a concussion. He will miss the Patriots game. His status after that is not yet known.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:35 pm

not the end of his career, that would be an overreaction, and yes, he is our starter going into 2023 no question. However I would not exercise that 5th year option at this time, and I would not be planning as if he's going to be here past next year. May not be fair but it is what it is. Availability matters a great deal. If he has a perfectly healthy 2023 with a big step forward (I think I'd need to see something a la 2004 Brees) in key moments, then I think we'd all be happy to pay much more than $28 mil a year to keep him. Fair or not, we need to see availability along with those franchise QB moments to do that.

And as for this year, yes, shut him down. This is not a SB worthy team anyway. Let Bridgewater drive this bus as far as he can, but it is too risky to put Tua back out there by 1/15/22 (which is as far as this team is getting IMO regardless).

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:43 pm

HalCHorn wrote:not the end of his career, that would be an overreaction, and yes, he is our starter going into 2023 no question.  However I would not exercise that 5th year option at this time, and I would not be planning as if he's going to be here past next year.  May not be fair but  it is what it is.  Availability matters a great deal.  If he has a perfectly healthy 2023 with a big step forward (I think I'd need to see something a la 2004 Brees) in key moments, then I think we'd all be happy to pay much more than $28 mil a year to keep him.  Fair or not, we need to see availability along with those franchise QB moments to do that.

And as for this year, yes, shut him down.  This is not a SB worthy team anyway.  Let Bridgewater drive this bus as far as he can, but it is too risky to put Tua back out there by 1/15/22 (which is as far as this team is getting IMO regardless).

Agree with all this, Hal. BUT...I would play Tua if we make the playoffs, assuming he's cleared. He's our best chance to win.

Fingers crossed that we get the Teddy that went 5-0 with the Saints a few years ago...that would be awesome! I'll be cheering him on either way - ride or die with Teddy Two-Gloves! cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:10 pm

I can agree with that JMP, but I just keep getting RGIII in the 2012 playoff vibes.  Washington long term would have been better off shutting him down, that knee injury was sustained when he really shouldn't have been out there (he couldn't move laterally for God's sake!) and ended up ruining his career before it really began.

Definitely wouldn't want to see that happen.  Tua's too good a guy for that to happen to even taking football out of the consideration.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:25 pm

HalCHorn wrote:I can agree with that JMP, but I just keep getting RGIII in the 2012 playoff vibes.  Washington long term would have been better off shutting him down, that knee injury was sustained when he really shouldn't have been out there (he couldn't move laterally for God's sake!) and ended up ruining his career before it really began.

Definitely wouldn't want to see that happen.  Tua's too good a guy for that to happen to even taking football out of the consideration.

Yep, definitely a consideration...have to see how it all plays out.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:26 pm

When He Gets Cleared to Play , Someone needs to Teach Him how to Fall Down without Bouncing His Head On the Turf. It is the Damnest Thing I have ever seen Where if He Gets Hit Will He get Hurt.

finskev

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:33 pm

Parallel with the past: in 2016, our first round QB was finally leading us towards the playoffs, in his first season with a new offense minded HC, and got injured near the end of the season leaving the backup QB to lead us on that run.

So Tua right now is where Tanny was in 2016. Good news is, he got there two seasons earlier than Tanny, so I guess we could consider that progress. :-)

We also needed Matt Moore to win two late-season games to cinch that playoff spot, and nothing against Moore, but I think Teddy is better. Hey, grasping at straws here.

HalCHorn

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:51 pm

Teddy will have a Whole Week to get ready so I Think We can Win.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:39 am

Teddy had his moments against the Vikings...aside from the 2 INTs he put up good numbers, and he's always thrown a good deep ball so he can keep feeding Tyreek. If he can avoid the mistakes we can win with him...but hopefully McDaniel doesn't ask him to go deep on every damn play. We need to utilize the short passing game and run game - for real, not just as token gestures.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:54 pm

I'd rather see the rookie than Bridgewater

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:02 pm

I think Skylar has tons of potential CC but I want the veteran for a playoff run. Thompson time may come but not yet
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down