The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SO...How Much Was It Rigged?

4 posters

Go down

SO...How Much Was It Rigged?  Empty SO...How Much Was It Rigged?

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:18 pm

It's sad that I even have to ask this but I refuse to believe the NFL and officials didn't rig this game for the Bills in some way. So I'm asking those of you who watched just how blatant it was on a scale of 10.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

SO...How Much Was It Rigged?  Empty Re: SO...How Much Was It Rigged?

Post by mercury22nathan Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:39 pm

Very. Offsetting personal fouls when Allen initiated a retaliatory strike to a minor bump. Hanky panky with a mystery spot of the ball at the end. Purposeful bleeding of the play clock when Miami was on offense. Multiple no-calls on clear holding and PIs.

Unfortunately routine shenanigans for the league.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:42 pm

Wilkins got absolutely attacked by 2 or 3 Bills players and somehow ended up getting flagged. That was absurd.

Jae Phillips was held on pretty much every single pass play - and I'm not exaggerating at all - and there was never a flag.

Tyreek Hill was held on at least 3 plays - no flags.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

HalCHorn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:54 pm

And then there's this:

Adam Beasley
@AdamHBeasley
·
McDaniel said part of the reason the fourth and 1 play was late is bc the Dolphins were first told they had a first down. When the refs notified them it was indeed fourth down, they had the wrong personnel in.

I wonder how the league will explain that away.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:58 pm

JMP wrote:I wonder how the league will explain that away.

By fining McDaniel for talking about it.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:58 pm

JMP wrote:And then there's this:

Adam Beasley
@AdamHBeasley
·
McDaniel said part of the reason the fourth and 1 play was late is bc the Dolphins were first told they had a first down. When the refs notified them it was indeed fourth down, they had the wrong personnel in.

I wonder how the league will explain that away.

They won't have to. The media will refuse to say a word about it and pretend it never happened like they do every time the truth comes out. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:12 pm

And how about the no-call on the defenseless receiver “cause the ball protected his head and neck area”?

And I’m pretty sure the Phins would get flagged if they blew Allen up on the sideline the way Skylar got destroyed.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:21 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:And how about the no-call on the defenseless receiver “cause the ball protected his head and neck area”?

And I’m pretty sure the Phins would get flagged if they blew Allen up on the sideline the way Skylar got destroyed.

I've also now read that Romo was openly rooting for the Bills to the point of getting genuinely upset when the Fins came back to take the lead and also that their LT Dion Dawkins had a clear concussion and only missed a couple of plays before going right back in.

Again, how much is too much??? How many times is this obvious game rigging going to keep happening before people say enough is enough???

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:37 pm

I muted the sound and listened to a sports radio show from Houston on WQAM (why they had a show from Houston, I have no idea). I couldn't find the game online, but listening to a random sports show was preferable to listening to Romo drooling over the Bills and Allen. I did tune in a few times, and at one point - maybe in the 3rd quarter - Romo referred to the Bills as "the champs". Interesting word choice, considering they've never won anything. scratch

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:40 pm

I noticed this in the last game against the Bills too, and maybe I'm imagining it, but it sure seems like the refs give the Bills favorable spots all the time. There were several plays where I thought the Dolphins had an extra yard or two, but the spot was a yard or two back. And on Bills' running plays, I could swear the ball was moved up a yard or two more than it should have been.

Anyone else notice this, or am I just dreaming it???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:42 pm

JMP wrote:I muted the sound and listened to a sports radio show from Houston on WQAM (why they had a show from Houston, I have no idea).  I couldn't find the game online, but listening to a random sports show was preferable to listening to Romo drooling over the Bills and Allen.  I did tune in a few times, and at one point - maybe in the 3rd quarter - Romo referred to the Bills as "the champs".  Interesting word choice, considering they've never won anything.  scratch

Make no mistake about it, every announcer has been let in on the plan. I've been completely serious the whole time when I say the NFL decided long ago pre-Hamlin to drag the Bills kicking and screaming to a title no matter what the team actually does or doesn't do. Chiefs and Bengals fans are at least starting to figure this out. Sadly, I don't think the clear game-rigging's going to end until enough fans of other teams get screwed in playoff games. Feeling empathy/sympathy for Hamlin is one thing, seeing the league openly cost your team a title is another. I absolutely hate that this is what it's going to take in order for enough people to wake up, but in today's world folks have to lean things the hard way more than ever it seems. Yes, you can "pray for Hamlin" without rooting for the Bills to beat your team in the postseason with the league's blessing.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:43 pm

JMP wrote:I noticed this in the last game against the Bills too, and maybe I'm imagining it, but it sure seems like the refs give the Bills favorable spots all the time.  There were several plays where I thought the Dolphins had an extra yard or two, but the spot was a yard or two back.  And on Bills' running plays, I could swear the ball was moved up a yard or two more than it should have been.

I'm not even watching the games and I completely believe everything you say in regards to this matter. Real ones know, and they also know that they know.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:38 pm

JMP wrote:I noticed this in the last game against the Bills too, and maybe I'm imagining it, but it sure seems like the refs give the Bills favorable spots all the time. There were several plays where I thought the Dolphins had an extra yard or two, but the spot was a yard or two back. And on Bills' running plays, I could swear the ball was moved up a yard or two more than it should have been.

I definitely saw this too.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:42 pm

JMP wrote:I muted the sound and listened to a sports radio show from Houston on WQAM (why they had a show from Houston, I have no idea). I couldn't find the game online, but listening to a random sports show was preferable to listening to Romo drooling over the Bills and Allen. I did tune in a few times, and at one point - maybe in the 3rd quarter - Romo referred to the Bills as "the champs". Interesting word choice, considering they've never won anything. scratch

Romo was openly felating Allen not for what he’d done but for what he knew he was about to do when the Phins got the sack, fumble and TD. It sounded as if the preordained Bills victory was a forgone conclusion.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:22 am

Well, the announcers were talking about the Bills like they were great and all and they rolled to a 17-0 lead.

The fact the Dolphins scrapped and clawed and were able to make it a game sort of upset the apple cart. But as Romo said, "These teams are division rivals."

There did seem to be some obvious disparity in what the Refs allowed the Bills to get away with and what the Phins were not allowed to get away with IMHO.

The refs copped out on the whole Wilkins fight thing IMO. Two Bills should have been evicted, the one that threw Wilkins down and then the other one that dove on top of him!

Still, the Bills and Refs did minor damage compared to the damage the Phins self-inflicted IMO.

The team showed amazing fight IMO. The fact that with just a bit more alacrity and a bit better QB decision-making, and overall better offensive execution, the Phins could have shocked the world.

Despite the refs. Rolling Eyes

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:25 am

finfanatic wrote:
The refs copped out on the whole Wilkins fight thing IMO. Two Bills should have been evicted, the one that threw Wilkins down and then the other one that dove on top of him!

Still, the Bills and Refs did minor damage compared to the damage the Phins self-inflicted IMO.

The team showed amazing fight IMO. The fact that with just a bit more alacrity and a bit better QB decision-making, and overall better offensive execution, the Phins could have shocked the world.

Despite the refs.    Rolling Eyes

The Wilkins penalty really pissed me off. The dude got literally attacked by 2-3 players, and took a blow to the back of the head AND had his head slammed to the ground - and somehow he got penalized! Mad

But yes, the the Dolphins still could have and should have won the game despite the refs. Thompson couldn't see the field and missed wide open receivers all day and obviously he didn't know the plays well enough, and the THREE Waddle drops really, really killed us. I know the defenders made good plays on two of those drops, but all three absolutely should have been caught. Robert Hunt also had two false starts, Hill had a drop, Jeff Wilson had two drops, Hunt, Cracraft and Ahmed all missed blocks that led to pressures and sacks, etc. - just a ton of mistakes. And the defense...ugh, the amount of big plays they gave up was sickening, even if I expected it. Honestly, McDaniel should win an award for somehow squeezing 31 points out of his team in that game!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:46 pm

Yeah, if you had told me the Phins would have three Bills turnovers, seven sacks, and score 31 points, I would have thought they would win?

Taking the whole 1st qtr off on offense KILLED the Phins. Just one or two of those long passes completed would have put the Phins in range for a FG attempt at the very least.

McD has some flaws no doubt, but going into Buffalo as a 14 point underdog and shutting that obnoxious crowd up and making them "nervous" with a 3rd string rookie QB and a patched together Oline and mid-level college looking Secondary was an amazing job.

McD really needs to work on the play calling process though. To run all those motions, the Phins needs to be lined up with at least 10 seconds to go. I do not know how many times Skylar was signaling for the motion with one or two seconds to go!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:32 pm

and yet despite all the gaffs on offense and the inexcusable drops by Waddle, the 3-point difference in the game turned out to be a result of the defense allowing the Bills to march 54 yards in 29 seconds to retake the lead just before the half. all the momentum was with Miami and they were getting the ball back after the half. but no, they had the Bills back on their 25 and assumed Allen would just run out the clock and go to the locker room. Instead he completed a 33 yarder off the bat and then tacked on another 17 just to make sure the resultant 39 yard FG was a sure thing. that sure was some great 10 yard cushion coverage assisted by a 3-man no pass rush.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:40 am

Yep, that 30 second drive was disgusting. Same crap we've seen from the defense all season. You just cannot let that happen...but they do, every time. More fuel for the "Fire Boyer" movement.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum