The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never Have I Been More Proud...

5 posters

Go down

Never Have I Been More Proud... Empty Never Have I Been More Proud...

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:23 pm

Of this team in defeat than right now. Yes, the Vikings loss of '94 when they came from 28 down to tie before losing by 3 has finally been replaced. Who knew THIS would be the game that did it???

IMO the Bills really ought to be ashamed and, depending on how much rigging the league had to do to make sure they won, everybody worldwide should see that in fact they're about to be the least deserving Super Bowl champs ever.

DolFan 316

JMP and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Never Have I Been More Proud... Empty Re: Never Have I Been More Proud...

Post by JMP Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:40 pm

Yes, even though the season is over it ended on a high note even in defeat. If anybody needed proof that the players have bought into Mike McDaniel, they got it today. Never say die!!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:35 pm

I also want to say that I have legit been inspired by their effort today going forward. When the global tyrants come for me I only hope I can put up this kind of a fight and put this level of fear into them.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:06 am

A valiant effort by the Phins for sure.

Just a bit better execution by the coaches and the offense and this could have been a rude shock for the NFL exec dipshiites.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:25 am

In an injury riddled season and our first season with a rookie HC there are things to take from this.

And yes, this is the first time that this team played like they belonged in the playoffs since Lamar Smith piggybacked Fiedler past the Colts in 2000. A combined 104-24 since then.

This team looked far better in defeat than Pennington's Fins in '08 or the Matt Moore-led team in '16. They didn't panic when they got down 17-0 and almost pulled off a shocker.

7 sacks by the "D". I hope that McDaniel doesn't fall for the fool's good and keep Boyer. I really think a change is needed. Funny, when it's 3rd and 1 I think we can stop them, when it's 3rd and 15, that's when I'm worried.

Likewise, special teams were excellent at Buffalo, but should that negate a season's worth of stumbling and bumbling? It does look like Sanders got his problems straightened out, he was money when we needed him these last two games.

The big negative is the lack of draft picks coming up for TWO years because this team sorely needs depth. We need a lot of mid and late round picks in what looks to be a deep draft for our biggest needs: O-line, CB. And yes, if I have a shot to take another development project at QB I'd do it.

McDaniel made some mistakes but this team looks like it could return to the playoffs in 2023. Hey, the refs did everything to help the Bills in the two games up there and yet we lost by a FG both times, and beat them in our house. That's a far cry from what the Bills were doing to Flores' teams.

The immediate future has a chance to be bright. Doesn't look quite as bright as Jacksonville's right now (especially in THAT division) but bright enough that we may be talking about a playoff win this time next year.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:40 pm

Tell me what time the Miami Dolphin's game is next week and I'll tell you what I think about moral victories.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:58 pm

JEGnj wrote:Tell me what time the Miami Dolphin's game is next week and I'll tell you what I think about moral victories.

I can respect that Cool But as the cool kiddies say, there are levels to this. Which team would you rather be a fan of right now, this one or the Chargers? Or Vikings? The Fins lost in a situation where it was obvious going in that the league would not allow them to win--and STILL came close to doing it. That's...not the same thing as the Chargers choking away a 27-0 lead or the Vikes going down in flames after 13 wins and getting bashed and trashed as frauds by people the world over.

If anything, the way this team lost has actually RAISED the average fan's opinion of them. That's a good thing.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:29 pm

I can understand, a loss is a loss when all is said and done.

But a year ago, we had been outscored by the Bills 61-11 in two games against them. Lost to them 35-0 at home for God's sake. This year we beat them by 2 and lost twice by a FG and they needed lots of zebra help to get them both, let's be honest. They even stopped us from running the ball in the third match and we still stayed in it.

This year we beat four teams with winning records, last year the Patsies were it.

Granted, everything could go straight to Hell next year, there's plenty of reason to believe this could fail miserably, but there's plenty of reason to think that the team could improve and make back to back playoffs also.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:51 pm

The next few generation of NFL fans only know the Miami Dolphin's as losers. Very frustrating being a LONG time dedicated fan.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:13 am

JEGnj wrote:The next few generation of NFL fans only know the Miami Dolphin's as losers. Very frustrating being a LONG time dedicated fan.

Not that it counts for anything, but we have had three consecutive winning seasons and made the playoffs this season. It's not like we are the Jets, who just finished their SEVENTH consecutive losing season! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum