The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TE

4 posters

Go down

TE Empty TE

Post by JEGnj Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:29 pm

Did anyone else notice all the playoff teams have a great TE and actually use them as a huge part of the game plan?

Miami has Gesicki who has the tools to be a top TE and Greir and McDufus are running him out of town making TE one of our top needs. WTF?
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

TE Empty Re: TE

Post by finfanatic Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:39 pm

Apparently... Grier wanted McD to keep Gesicki, and McD agreed to it, but after seeing how Gesicki is not exactly a "crisp" route runner and was not "thrilled" with the things he was asked to do in the McD offense, like "blocking", Gesicki was not exactly "Happy" with not being a focal point of the gameplan.... it just did not work out.

Another stupid move by Grier I am thinking. If he had let it be known that Gesicki was available, then maybe the Phins could have traded him last year for a pick or two THIS SEASON? When Grier finally did try to trade gesicki, the franchise tag thing kept anyone from offering anything reasonable. Grier got another projection wrong, but as I have said... I can't believe McD could not have found a sue for Gesicki as a "BIG WR" somewhere, especially in the redzone and the end zone?

Now, they will get nothing for him.
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:10 pm

Gesicki has so many Positives in His Game that Could have been used better. 34 Catches with 6 Td's which is a 17% Td rate just imagine if He would have been close to 60 or 70 Catches how many Td's he would have had.

Now he does have 3 Weaknesses in His Game

1. Blocking.
2. Rounds his Routes Off way to much.
3. Can't Break a Tackle.

Wish Him the Best of Luck at New Destination , Hopefully in the NFC.

finskev

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:12 pm

I think Gesicki will be a Giant if they clean up some cap room.
JEGnj
JEGnj

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:54 am

I have no problem with Gesicki getting franchised last season, especially since it happened before Tyreek Hill was acquired.

Gesicki actually had a good season, despite not having a lot of catches. He had 5 regular season TDs (and 1 in the playoffs) and averaged over 11 yards a catch, and he made some huge, game-changing plays. His blocking and route-running are not what this offense needs, but he still carved out an important role.

He'll be too expensive to keep, and I wish him well. He's been one of my favorite Dolphins the last few years and I love watching him play, but ultimately his days in Miami are done.

I agree that the Giants are his likely destination.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum