The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Tua Have PTSD Now???

5 posters

Go down

Does Tua Have PTSD Now???  Empty Does Tua Have PTSD Now???

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:46 pm

He sure sounds like it to me!!! Shocked affraid

I just want to thank Grier for assembling a garbage O-line whose best player has literally never stayed healthy for a whole season in his entire 10-year career and then pretty much leaving it intact in the offseason.

Does Tua Have PTSD Now???  1f621 Does Tua Have PTSD Now???  1f621 Does Tua Have PTSD Now???  1f621

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Does Tua Have PTSD Now???  Empty Re: Does Tua Have PTSD Now???

Post by CarsonChris Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:57 pm

That egg has been cracked and scrambled a few times. Gump Ty Dumpty can only be put back together so many times. I think if he gets another concussion he retires

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:21 am

I think if he gets another concussion he retires

Well, that would solve the Tua vs Herbert debate emphatically. If Tua does fail, does Grier finally take the fall? I'm confident we have an excellent coaching staff. The GM and scouting staff... not so much.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:08 am

white1 wrote:
I think if he gets another concussion he retires

Well, that would solve the Tua vs Herbert debate emphatically.  If Tua does fail, does Grier finally take the fall? I'm confident we have an excellent coaching staff.  The GM and scouting staff... not so much.

He HAS to, considering that would mean all three of his first round picks in 2020 would be gone in 2024 with two of them being utter busts. SURELY no GM would be able to withstand THAT level of fail, right?

RIGHT?!?!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:52 am

I think the Tua vs Herbert debate was settled long ago.

The Chargers had no problem ponying up big bucks for Herbert and the Phins are still waiting for Tua to show he can be a big time franchise QB.

I think Flores was right on this issue and I think the Grier-Ross decision to draft Tua instead of Herbert was a major factor in Flores going full nuke arsehole on the team and the dipshiite Owner.

Now, don't get me wrong... I really like Tua, and when he is Bama-Tua he is great, but it is the all too often times when he ain't Bama-Tua that have decided the issue in favor of Herbert IMO.

There is a reason NFL Execs voted Herbert the #5 best QB in the league behind  Mahommes, Burrows, Allen, and Rodgers.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:24 am

I think the Tua vs Herbert debate was settled long ago.

The Chargers had no problem ponying up big bucks for Herbert and the Phins are still waiting for Tua to show he can be a big time franchise QB.

Excellent point.

I do not believe for one second that Flores wanted Herbert over Tua - Grier would never deny his head coach the QB he wants. No, Flores fell "out of love" with Tua after he was drafted and he realized he was not an instant-made Tom Brady.

To be fair, no one is an "instant Brady" and Flores botched the handling of popular veteran (Fitzpatrick) and highly drafted future of the franchise rookie. One of the hardest and most important jobs that a head coach must navigate successfully. He failed.

McDaniel has done excellent work with Tua, and he can point to the several league-leading stats from last season. However, if there is regression and the offense falters due to any limitations from Tua, or his trouble staying healthy, it's over. And that is not McDaniel's fault. It's Grier.

There's only so many times you can fire the head coach or flush the QB. This is Grier's team. Sink or swim.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:29 pm

On the field Tua is better than Herbert across the board, and always has been. The only question with Tua is health. And he's healthy now, surrounded by tons of weapons and an OL that looks to be much better than last season's so far.

That Herbert contract will be an albatross around the Chargers' neck for years to come. Get ready for a continued career of "good not great" from Herbert's Chargers.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:20 pm

JMP wrote:On the field Tua is better than Herbert across the board, and always has been.  The only question with Tua is health.  And he's healthy now, surrounded by tons of weapons and an OL that looks to be much better than last season's so far.

With all due respect...HUH?!?! scratch It's the exact same starters but every time I turn around I hear that Eich is managing to suck and blow at the same time while Jackson looks like the same old scrub he's always been. We all know Armstead won't stay healthy all season, it's only a matter of how many games he'll miss and where's the depth? IMO Brandon Shell was a pleasant surprise last season but now he's a Bill because Grier didn't want him back. Why was he considered good enough for the Bills but not for this team? Your boy Feeney already is injured somehow. Wynn is outplaying Eich but nobody will oficially acknowledge that, which makes me wonder why he was even signed. And who will be the center if Williams ever gets hurt? No, this O-line is not only not improved, it seems to be WORSE.

That Herbert contract will be an albatross around the Chargers' neck for years to come.  Get ready for a continued career of "good not great" from Herbert's Chargers.

Now THIS I agree with you on! cheers That having been said, you'd sure like to at least have a QB who won't miss multiple games every season guaranteed and who the media isn't begging to retire. Then again I wanted Burrow the whole time but just like Luck, the Fins decided to suck at sucking at the absolute worst possible time--only to be accused of tanking anyway! Evil or Very Mad

I cannot envision any scenario in which Tua is on this team next season. He'll either retire or Grier will be fired and the new GM will decide he's just not worth the cap hit.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:22 pm

white1 wrote:McDaniel has done excellent work with Tua, and he can point to the several league-leading stats from last season.  However, if there is regression and the offense falters due to any limitations from Tua, or his trouble staying healthy, it's over.  And that is not McDaniel's fault.  It's Grier.  

There's only so many times you can fire the head coach or flush the QB.  This is Grier's team.  Sink or swim.

The ONLY two results from this season I will be happy with are either at least one playoff win or Grier being fired afterwards. Literally nothing else will be acceptable or palatable to me.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:00 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
white1 wrote:McDaniel has done excellent work with Tua, and he can point to the several league-leading stats from last season.  However, if there is regression and the offense falters due to any limitations from Tua, or his trouble staying healthy, it's over.  And that is not McDaniel's fault.  It's Grier.  

There's only so many times you can fire the head coach or flush the QB.  This is Grier's team.  Sink or swim.

The ONLY two results from this season I will be happy with are either at least one playoff win or Grier being fired afterwards. Literally nothing else will be acceptable or palatable to me.

Of course. Advancing deep into the playoffs should be the expectation this season.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:08 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:With all due respect...HUH?!?!  scratch It's the exact same starters but every time I turn around I hear that Eich is managing to suck and blow at the same time while Jackson looks like the same old scrub he's always been. We all know Armstead won't stay healthy all season, it's only a matter of how many games he'll miss and where's the depth? IMO Brandon Shell was a pleasant surprise last season but now he's a Bill because Grier didn't want him back. Why was he considered good enough for the Bills but not for this team? Your boy Feeney already is injured somehow. Wynn is outplaying Eich but nobody will oficially acknowledge that, which makes me wonder why he was even signed. And who will be the center if Williams ever gets hurt? No, this O-line is not only not improved, it seems to be WORSE.

We'll have one, possibly two, new starters on the line with Jackson and possibly Wynn. We also have improved the depth with solid veterans in Wynn and Feeney. Kendall Lamm has also made huge strides this offseason and apparently has the swing tackle spot all but locked up.

Jackson looked great in preseason last year, and so far looks even better. Eich has improved as well.

The backup center is Feeney, although this rookie Uluave has looked real good all camp by all accounts and could take that spot. Speaking of rookies, Hayes looks like a nice developmental tackle.

From everything I've heard and seen, the line seems much improved and this new OL coach Barry is whipping these guys into shape.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum