The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dalvin Cook Is A Jet

+2
JMP
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

Dalvin Cook Is A Jet  Empty Dalvin Cook Is A Jet

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:59 pm

Confirmed by two DolFan sources on Youtube so I feel comfortable posting it.

IMO I'm glad. Didn't want him, didn't need him, and it doesn't change anything in terms of the standings. Dalton Risner was the player Grier needed to sign anyway, not Cook.

Also, the Pats signed Elliott doesn't make any difference to me either.

Once again it illustrates the utter folly of people posing as "experts" and insisting their opinion is fact. Remember when Cook was going to be a Dolphin any minute? Just like Watson was? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Dalvin Cook Is A Jet  Empty Re: Dalvin Cook Is A Jet

Post by JMP Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:46 pm

In the end, the Dolphins had a price they were willing to offer - and the Jets were willing to pay more. I wanted Cook in Miami, but I'm totally fine with him on the Jets. I wouldn't want to pay him more than $4 million, and the Jets are paying almost twice that much.

Cook had a $7 million offer from the Vikes, and now he signed with the Jets for $7 million (plus incentives). So I guess his value wasn't as high as he thought it was!

I also read that Cook isn't even able to practice yet after his shoulder surgery. So, yeah, this signing doesn't bother me at all.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:02 am

There's no doubt Cook is a good weapon to add, and gives them a nice 1-2 with Hall is he works back from injury.

I'll reiterate that I believe the Jets biggest problem is going to be their offensive line. Fangio will probably reach this conclusion after watching some tape during game week. I would anticipate a heavy pressure package to exploit that weakness. Disguised, of course, so Rodgers and the offense won't know when the Fins are going to bring an extra rusher.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:48 am

offering Cook $8.4M for the season (Zeke only got $6M) kind of tells me the Jets aren't too sure about the timing of Breece Hall's return. perhaps not a full blown panic move, but certainly well beyond anything any other team was willing to offer. while perhaps this makes the Jets a bit more competitive, i don't believe this saves their soon-to-be implosion of a season.

DolFan 316 wrote:Dalton Risner was the player Grier needed to sign anyway

just curious, why Risner? from what i've heard, he wants a contract well beyond what he's so far shown on the field - and i would imagine the Phins current o-line coach knows him better than anybody.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2023/8/12/23829925/whats-the-impasse-with-the-vikings-signing-dalton-risner

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:59 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:just curious, why Risner?  from what i've heard, he wants a contract well beyond what he's so far shown on the field - and i would imagine the Phins current o-line coach knows him better than anybody.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2023/8/12/23829925/whats-the-impasse-with-the-vikings-signing-dalton-risner

Yeah about that...found out yesterday that there's apparently some bad blood between Risner and the current O-line coach so there's no way he'd be signing with this team anyway. But man oh man, I'd sure like to have *somebody* other than Eich as a starter--and he's getting outplayed by Wynn anyway.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:25 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
mercury22nathan wrote:just curious, why Risner?  from what i've heard, he wants a contract well beyond what he's so far shown on the field - and i would imagine the Phins current o-line coach knows him better than anybody.

Yeah about that...found out yesterday that there's apparently some bad blood between Risner and the current O-line coach so there's no way he'd be signing with this team anyway. But man oh man, I'd sure like to have *somebody* other than Eich as a starter--and he's getting outplayed by Wynn anyway.

I suspect Wynn will be the starting LG when the preseason smoke clears.

Risner is a solid player, but I'm not sure we need him with Wynn on the team. There's only so many roster spots.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:34 pm

white1 wrote:There's no doubt Cook is a good weapon to add, and gives them a nice 1-2 with Hall is he works back from injury.

I'll reiterate that I believe the Jets biggest problem is going to be their offensive line.  Fangio will probably reach this conclusion after watching some tape during game week.  I would anticipate a heavy pressure package to exploit that weakness.  Disguised, of course, so Rodgers and the offense won't know when the Fins are going to bring an extra rusher.

Looking at the Jets roster, OL is the huge gaping hole for sure. That line might the the worst in the NFL. Can they protect a 40 year old declining QB?

But I also see WR as very unimpressive. They have Wilson...and a bunch of veterans that don't scare anyone. Lazard, Davis and Hardman have been career underachievers, and Cobb was done 4-5 years ago. That group doesn't scare me at all.

And on D, how good are they really? As I've said many times, last season they feasted on backup QBs. How will they fare this year against some of the league's top QBs? I'm not a fan of their LBs or safeties, and Quinnen Williams is, IMO, a one-man show on the DL.

I could be totally wrong, but I'm just not scared of this Jets team at all.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:03 pm

This could be nothing, but:

NBC Sports Edge wrote:
Aaron Rodgers suffered an apparent calf injury during Tuesday’s practice.

Rodgers was seen clutching his left calf after throwing an interception in practice. He continued to play, struggling to complete passes for the remainder of the practice session. Rodgers missed time in OTAs due to a right calf issue. His health will be paramount to the Jets, who will surely exercise extreme caution with their 39-year-old QB.

2h ago
Source: Rich Cimini

He's barely practiced at all this offseason and has already suffered injuries to each calf. I guess playing QB at 39 1/2 years old isn't quite the same as hosting Jeopardy, is it?

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:07 am

Watched Hard Knocks last night. Saleh blew up over the o-line getting manhandled vs the Panthers. So yeah, sounds to me like the line is still very much a problem in NY....
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:11 am

white1 wrote:Watched Hard Knocks last night.

I give you credit. I hate that team so fucking much, I wouldn't be able to watch them on Hard Knocks. Evil or Very Mad

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:19 am

JMP wrote:
white1 wrote:Watched Hard Knocks last night.

I give you credit.  I hate that team so fucking much, I wouldn't be able to watch them on Hard Knocks.  Evil or Very Mad

You remember my e-mail address from back in the day, right? Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:45 pm

I dearly hope the whole Jets Bound for Super Bowl thing blows up and the Jets slink back into "Just End The Season" territory quickly.

I just don't see it happening though. The Defense is for real and Hackett with Rodgers and even a bad Oline is going to be trouble IMO.

Now, without old man Rodgers at QB though....

That was a bunch of money to throw at Cook IMO. Especially when they have Hall and Abnandikanda (sp??). That dude is fast and I think he might end up being VERY GOOD. I was surprised he fell as far in the draft as he did.

If the Phins EVER sign Wilkins, Grier MIGHT go after a bigger name Olineman, but I think they have decided what they have is what they have and they can find a starter with who they have in camp. Again, the problem is going to be WHEN the injuries start and the backups are forced to step in. Things will go downhill from there quickly IMO.

The fact the QBs are looking bad and the offense is stinking it up is more concerning right now IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:04 pm

Cook or Elliott will probaly end up getting hurt since there not in Football Shape by Pulling a Hammy or Calf Muscle, It happens a lot when your trying to make-up for Lost time.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:22 pm

All this "Rodgers = Super Bowl" talk ignores the last 12 years, when Rodgers in fact did NOT win a Super Bowl and actually performed poorly (overall) in the postseason. But now, approaching age 40 and playing with one WR and the worst OL he's ever had, we're supposed to just hand him a Lombardi Trophy?  As they say on The Righteous Gemstones, "Nawww, son!"

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:29 am

I watched Hard Knocks Episode 2 last night and Saleh basically said in a f-bomb laden diatribe...the Oline needs to step up and that having a great Defense and a HOF QB is not going to be enough if the Oline doesn't give 110%.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:56 pm

If this team is going down in flames--and they're giving every indication that this is the case--I at least want the Jets dragged down with them, dammit!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Aug 18, 2023 9:35 am

Jets version: Cook chose NY because of Rodgers

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-aaron-rodgers-effect-strikes-again-luring-dalvin-cooks-pro-bowl-talent-to-the-jets-215441887.html

Media's version: Cook chose NY because of Rodgers and not Miami because of Tua.

Truth: Cook chose NY cause they were the only one willing to offer that kind of money and even they are 100% convinced...

The Jets did protect the $7 million in Cook’s guarantees with provisions that cover missed time related to injury and suspension.

so how guaranteed is a guarantee if it isn't guaranteed? confused

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:03 am

mercury22nathan wrote:Jets version: Cook chose NY because of Rodgers

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-aaron-rodgers-effect-strikes-again-luring-dalvin-cooks-pro-bowl-talent-to-the-jets-215441887.html

Media's version: Cook chose NY because of Rodgers and not Miami because of Tua.

Truth:  Cook chose NY cause they were the only one willing to offer that kind of money and even they are 100% convinced...

The Jets did protect the $7 million in Cook’s guarantees with provisions that cover missed time related to injury and suspension.

so how guaranteed is a guarantee if it isn't guaranteed?  confused

LOL It's not difficult to connect the dots and see why Cook is a Jet: no other team thought he was worth paying a big salary. He went where the money was, like every other free agent.

The Jets love to bid against themselves...we saw it with Rodgers and now with Cook.

And, Breece Hall is back at practice and supposedly already looks like he's picking up where he left off before his ACL injury - which means that Cook is likely in line to be the #2 back all season. He got his money (well, maybe...), but he's not going to be a starter anymore.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:18 am

Saleh showing the classic tendencies of a defensive coach. And don't get me wrong, it can still work.

He wants to play great defense and lean heavily on his running game - especially if they can force a turnover or two and take the lead.

Now he's two deep at running back with Hall and Cook. It makes sense. His offensive line will hold him back. He would have been better served using the Cook cap space to sign a free agent OL or two...
white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:37 am

white1 wrote:Saleh showing the classic tendencies of a defensive coach.  And don't get me wrong, it can still work.

He wants to play great defense and lean heavily on his running game - especially if they can force a turnover or two and take the lead.

Now he's two deep at running back with Hall and Cook.  It makes sense.  His offensive line will hold him back.  He would have been better served using the Cook cap space to sign a free agent OL or two...

From what I've heard/seen about the Jets OL:

Sounds like the Becton at LT experiment is finally over, and they are going to move him to RT now. Duane Brown, who has rapidly declined and can't stay healthy, is being handed the LT job. RT is a massive gaping hole for them, as neither vet Billy Turner nor youngster Max Mitchell have shown enough, and Big Bust Becton has a chance to win that job by default. Vera-Tucker and Tomlinson, their only two good linemen, are both injured at the moment and their depth at guard is almost non-existent. It seems like mediocre center Connor McGovern is on track to keep the starting job. Rookie center Joe Tippmann looked good earlier this offseason, but has reportedly struggled since the pads came on.

Overall, this looks like an absolute disaster of a line and I think it is probably the worst OL situation in the entire NFL.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:45 am

Dalvin Cook's disappointing season with the New York Jets came to a premature end Tuesday, as the four-time Pro Bowl running back was waived with one game remaining, according to his agency.

The move was mutually agreed upon, according to a source, and will allow Cook to catch on with a playoff team. He also restructured his contract to forfeit remaining guarantees, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39229815/jets-waiving-rb-dalvin-cook-one-game-remaining

well, that didn't turn out as they had hoped. glad Miami didn't sign him.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:44 pm

Cook signed with the worst possible team - they already had a starter, and they had the worst OL in the league. Terrible decision on his part.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:56 am

Cook has signed with the Ravens. Great move by them to add a veteran with fresh legs to an already-good backfield. He could be a nice addition for their playoff run.

Honestly, with Mostert and Achane banged up, I would have liked the Phins to get him. But no way he'd choose the Phins over the Ravens. No

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down