The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tua is fighting mad!

+3
JEGnj
DolFan 316
JMP
7 posters

Go down

Tua is fighting mad! Empty Tua is fighting mad!

Post by JMP Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:33 pm

You may have heard that Ryan Clark personally insulted Tua on ESPN, essentially calling him fat, implying that he is out of shape and lazy. I'm not going to post the clip here, because Clark is a piece of shit and doesn't deserve any coverage.

Anyway, Tua fired back at a press conference today:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tua-tagovailoa-ryan-clark-miami-dolphins-nfl-2023/

When Miami Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa showed up to work Wednesday, he never thought he’d have to answer questions about ignorant comments made by Ryan Clark on television.

But it was inevitable that reporters would want Tagovailoa’s thoughts about Clark, who basically called Tagovailoa overweight on ESPN.

Tagovailoa’s response was good, we’re publishing it in full:

“He probably knows more about me than I know about myself. I don’t know, Ryan’s been out in the league for some time. I don’t know. It’s a little weird when other people are talking about other people and they’re not that person. So it was just a little weird.

“My background is like, I come from a Samoan family. Respect is everything. But, you know, it does get to a point where, ‘Hey, a little easy on that buddy,’ because, you know, we, I think we’re pretty tough minded people and if we need to get scrappy, we can get scrappy too. Just saying.”

Also:
Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe

Tua Tagovailoa on what he would tell ESPN’s Ryan Clark in response to his recent comments: “I would appreciate it if you kept my name out your mouth.”

This post from Neal Driscoll sums up the situation well:

Neal Driscoll
@NealDriscoll

Since entering the league Tua Tagovailoa has been an exemplary man. Showcasing a good attitude, unmatched work ethic, and elite sportsmanship.

The media has tried to bully him in the national spotlight. Enough is enough.

GOOD for Tua for standing up for himself. The players in the locker room are going to run through walls for him.

1:29 PM · Aug 23, 2023

I will NEVER understand the media obsession with trashing Tua every chance they get. He seems like one of the nicest, most humble athletes around - which is almost impossibly rare nowadays - and he's never said or done anything negative. But assholes like Clark just can't stop putting him down. Do these people hate lefties? Is it racism against Pacific Islanders? I don't understand.

Anyway, it's great to see Tua call out this piece of human garbage. So sick of this crap.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Tua is fighting mad! Empty Re: Tua is fighting mad!

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:03 pm

JMP wrote:I will NEVER understand the media obsession with trashing Tua every chance they get. He seems like one of the nicest, most humble athletes around - which is almost impossibly rare nowadays - and he's never said or done anything negative.  But assholes like Clark just can't stop putting him down.  Do these people hate lefties?  Is it racism against Pacific Islanders?  I don't understand.

You just answered your own question. We now live in a society where people are hated BECAUSE they are nice, humble, and don't act in a negative way. Good is the new evil and evil is the new good.

And I'll let you in on another dirty little secret: the same group who constantly refers to themselves as "tolerant" and "inclusive" are bigoted as hell not only against whites, but Hispanics and Asians too. Don't let the token months named after them fool you, that's just a bone tossed out to distract you like it would a dog. People that's what those people see the rest of us as--a bunch of mongrels too stupid to deserve to exist. If I was Tua I would not have been so nice. The first thing I'd have said was that Ryan Clark better get his resume updated seeing as his employer's been laying off so many people lately. That would've been my opening jab and I'd have escalated from there. Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:15 pm

Here's what I'd have actually said, or something similar.

Ryan Clark? He works for ESPN, right? He better get that resume updated since I hear his employer is losing billions and has already laid off a lot of people. Just sayin'. How tall is Ryan Clark anyway? Anybody know? (Gets an answer.) Oh wow...I had no idea God could stack crap that high. Anyway that guy's an idiot just like his mom. How do I know she's stupid? Because she didn't have him aborted. Seriously, that's one stupid bitch right there, what what she thinking? And what am I thinking wasting my time talking about some waste of oxygen who's gonna be working a minimum wage job before the year is out after ESPN finally realizes he offers no value whatsoever? Ryan Clark defies the laws of physics by sucking and blowing at the same time. It's the only reason he's managed to keep his job this long to be honest.

(Drops mic.)

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:18 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:I will NEVER understand the media obsession with trashing Tua every chance they get. He seems like one of the nicest, most humble athletes around - which is almost impossibly rare nowadays - and he's never said or done anything negative.  But assholes like Clark just can't stop putting him down.  Do these people hate lefties?  Is it racism against Pacific Islanders?  I don't understand.

You just answered your own question. We now live in a society where people are hated BECAUSE they are nice, humble, and don't act in a negative way. Good is the new evil and evil is the new good.

And I'll let you in on another dirty little secret: the same group who constantly refers to themselves as "tolerant" and "inclusive" are bigoted as hell not only against whites, but Hispanics and Asians too. Don't let the token months named after them fool you, that's just a bone tossed out to distract you like it would a dog. People that's what those people see the rest of us as--a bunch of mongrels too stupid to deserve to exist. If I was Tua I would not have been so nice. The first thing I'd have said was that Ryan Clark better get his resume updated seeing as his employer's been laying off so many people lately. That would've been my opening jab and I'd have escalated from there. Twisted Evil

Well said. It is part of a much larger problem.

ESPN is complete trash.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:19 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Here's what I'd have actually said, or something similar.

Ryan Clark? He works for ESPN, right? He better get that resume updated since I hear his employer is losing billions and has already laid off a lot of people. Just sayin'. How tall is Ryan Clark anyway? Anybody know? (Gets an answer.) Oh wow...I had no idea God could stack crap that high. Anyway that guy's an idiot just like his mom. How do I know she's stupid? Because she didn't have him aborted. Seriously, that's one stupid bitch right there, what what she thinking? And what am I thinking wasting my time talking about some waste of oxygen who's gonna be working a minimum wage job before the year is out after ESPN finally realizes he offers no value whatsoever? Ryan Clark defies the laws of physics by sucking and blowing at the same time. It's the only reason he's managed to keep his job this long to be honest.

(Drops mic.)

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:27 pm

JMP wrote:ESPN is complete trash.

It's such compete trash in fact that Disney is desperately attempting to sell it off now that the value is maybe a tenth of what it was when they bought it. #getwokegobroke

At this point middle school girls have more credibility than any ESPN "reporter". Or Mike Florio but that's another conversation altogether.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:03 pm

Robert Griffin III
@RGIII

Tua putting on muscle this off-season to help himself stay healthy through an entire NFL season has resulted in him looking more thicc in the legs. It makes sense. Every Samoan teammate I have ever had could do a couple squats and have a pair of McThiccems for legs.

3:24 PM · Aug 23, 2023

Reason
@the_real_reason
Tua is such a class act.

On top of that - he’s one of the hardest workers at his position and we’ve seen it first hand every offseason with @per4orm

All he does is put his head down and work.

People spread false narratives, lies and say nonfactual things about him strictly for clicks and engagement.

This is why I cheer for the person Uno is, not just the player. He’s a great representative for this team and the sport of football.

Can’t wait to watch him shut all these clowns up this year. #finsup

2:49 PM · Aug 23, 2023

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:01 pm

JUST WIN BABY
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:35 pm

I like Salty Tua. Tua needs to stay healthy this year. We have a team that can go places if Tua stays upright.

CarsonChris

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:10 pm

ESPN analyst and Super Bowl champion Ryan Clark issued an apology to Tua Tagovailoa on Thursday, following comments criticizing the Miami Dolphins quarterback’s weight and work ethic this offseason while comparing his figure to a dancer at a strip club.

Clark realized his comments, made in a joking manner, weren’t taken as a joke by Tagovailoa, Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel or Dolphins fans on social media.

Clark added that his “ego was involved,” leading to “pride that doesn't enable me to see what this dude's going through.”

“If I've offended you Tua, if I've hurt you, if I've disrespected you, if anybody that supports you and loves you feels some sort of way because of what I said, I truly apologize,”

“The constant criticisms, the constant scrutiny, constantly being questioned. Feeling the stress of always having to prove yourself just to show people you can be available. And then you work throughout the entire offseason, which I talked to his trainer, and [he] said ‘that man was in there three times a day to build himself up to be healthy. And you got to hear a comment like this?’ So, I get it,” Clark said in his apology.

“I get it because I do want to respect Tua Tagovailoa. I get it because I want his respect, too. So, to the Miami Dolphins, to head coach Mike McDaniel, who I have a ton of respect for, but most of all to Tua Tagovailoa and his family, I deeply apologize.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/espns-ryan-clark-apologizes-dolphins-154043238.html

bullshit. Clark's only apologizing cause he broke code and got called on it (by other former players). if no backlash, there wouldn't be no apology. and i got to wonder, if an ESPN commentator of another race or perhaps less-woke leanings had made these comments, would he have been given the opportunity to "apologize" or would he have been dismissed immediately.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:42 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:bullshit.  Clark's only apologizing cause he broke code and got called on it (by other former players).  if no backlash, there wouldn't be no apology.  and i got to wonder, if an ESPN commentator of another race or perhaps less-woke leanings had made these comments, would he have been given the opportunity to "apologize" or would he have been dismissed immediately.

Ah yes, the tried and true "I was just joking" excuse when someone gets called out for an obvious insult. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It sure is weird how nobody these days seems to ever see they're wrong until *after* they do something wrong. Almost as if they DIDN'T realize it and just pretend to after the fact, or something.

I say Clark read my post about what Tua should've said to him, realized that Tua might read it too and actually say it, and backed down before it could happen. You're welcome. Cool Wink

(Hey, it's at least possible, right?)

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:52 pm

Clark's actual apology. Starts at 4:15

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:06 pm

Clark called the guy fat. The fact that he opens his apology with ".... 1. Respect all NFL players, coaches, executives and staff members. 2. Earn and keep the respect of those very same people. " Loses all credibility for me.

When you get a taste back from Tua when he says he can get "scrappy" too, you respond with “My ego was involved,” Clark said. “When Tua was asked about how he felt about these comments and he said, ‘Keep my name out your mouth,’ yeah, my first thought is, ‘Or what?’ Or he says he’s scrappy, I think to myself, ‘Man, I fed my family on violence. I ain’t tripping on that.’” So the question is, are you really sorry or that fuckin stupid.

Advice that you should probably heed Ryan Clark, "YOU"and only "YOU", fucked up!!!!!!! And then to say that only now you realize it's a bad joke your makes your apology worse. 1st lesson for respect Shut the fuck up!!! Had you learned that from the beginning you probably wouldnt be looking like a dumb fuck right now.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:21 am

Well said, Umix!

The really weird thing about this whole story is a grown man calling another grown man "fat" on TV. Is this fucking junior high school? WTF! Clark just comes across as a bitter, ignorant - and probably racist - piece of crap. Talk is cheap - he clearly doesn't know what the word "respect" means.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:34 am

JMP wrote:Well said, Umix!

The really weird thing about this whole story is a grown man calling another grown man "fat" on TV.  Is this fucking junior high school?  WTF!  Clark just comes across as a bitter, ignorant - and probably racist - piece of crap.  Talk is cheap - he clearly doesn't know what the word "respect" means.

Just imagine Clark saying this exact same thing on live TV about a woman. ANY woman. Even a man identifying as a woman. His life would already be over right now. Yet another example of the blatant hypocrisy of the far left. Rules for thee but not for me! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:23 am

To say that you strongly feel a type of way about something is one thing. To use strong words to describe your belief is another. But to tell people in an apology what those beliefs are only after you “fucked up”, leads me to believe that your feelings and beliefs arent that strong because you dismissed the very thing that you say you so strongly try to be.

The worse part about it for me, is the “my best friend Troy Polamalu”. What in the fuck is that all about? Trying to say that he likes Samoans? This fucktard is all over the place. Being Hawaiian, and living in Hawaii, there is a strong Samoan, Tongan(think KOA Misi) presence here. They are some big dudes. They are some strong and deeply rooted people. What you see from Tua is really how their culture is. Their body types fluctuate and weight is certainly in their DNA.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Aug 25, 2023 10:43 am

Umix10 wrote:

The worse part about it for me, is the “my best friend Troy Polamalu”.  What in the fuck is that all about?  Trying to say that he likes Samoans?  This fucktard is all over the place.  Being Hawaiian, and living in Hawaii, there is a strong Samoan, Tongan(think KOA Misi) presence here.  They are some big dudes. They are some strong and deeply rooted people.  What you see from Tua is really how their culture is.  Their body types fluctuate and weight is certainly in their DNA.  

Yeah, Clark pulling the old "I'm not racist, I have a black friend" card. Rolling Eyes

And yeah, in MANY other circumstances his comments would have gotten him suspended if not fired.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:10 am

I don't watch ESPN at less it is during Football Season but Ryan Clark going after Tua was surprising because they weren't talking about Rodgers which has been none stop the last month on there radio shows, Clark get's upset because the Media asked Tua about what he said, Could be Interesting when Monday Night Countdown comes to Miami this Season might see Clark on his Knees at Midfield giving Tua his Props. Seriously was No need to go after Him at All just because he gotten Bigger doesn't mean he is Fat.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:15 am

finskev wrote:I don't watch ESPN at less it is during Football Season but Ryan Clark going after Tua was surprising because they weren't talking about Rodgers which has been none stop the last month on there radio shows, Clark get's upset because the Media asked Tua about what he said, Could be Interesting when Monday Night Countdown comes to Miami this Season might see Clark on his Knees at Midfield giving Tua his Props. Seriously was No need to go after Him at All just because he gotten Bigger doesn't mean he is Fat.

I read a theory that ESPN decided to go after Tua for publicly endorsing the Sound Of Freedom movie, which the media absolutely despises and doesn't want anybody to see for...reasons. Makes perfect sense in the context of today's world.

DolFan 316

JMP and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:41 am

Related to this topic: ESPN is hemorrhaging so much money that Disney is now desperately trying to sell it to...Amazon. Who plan on making it the most expensive streaming service in the US. Imagine paying $35 a month for the same woke garbage you see now but maybe even worse! Laughing Laughing Laughing

DolFan 316

JMP and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down