The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you rather have?

5 posters

Go down

Would you rather have? Empty Would you rather have?

Post by CarsonChris Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:42 am

A draft with seven picks that produces 3 average starters or a draft with 4 picks that produces one top ten pro-bowl level player? I think Miami may trade some picks to move up and take the player they feel is a game changer.

If Miami moves up to take Kevin White would you be ok with the first round pick and the next pick being in the fourth or fifth round?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Would you rather have? Empty Re: Would you rather have?

Post by Birdmond Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:56 pm

I'm not trading up. I'll take my chances at 14.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:27 pm

I'd rather have the top ten Pro Bowl level player. I think you can find average starters anywhere. But if you want to win, you need elite players - especially at the skill positions.

I would prefer to stay at 14, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Phins trade up. But, the ONLY players I would be OK trading up for are Cooper and Gurley. No other player in this draft is worth it, IMO.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:53 pm

JMP wrote:I'd rather have the top ten Pro Bowl level player.  I think you can find average starters anywhere.  But if you want to win, you need elite players - especially at the skill positions.

Me too!!! That alone would be more than the Fins have gotten from any five drafts combined in the past 15 years or so.

Although if said player is an O-lineman it would still kinda be a waste. See Long, Jake. Gotta be an actual playmaker.

However, any draft producing three average starters would still be better than at least 90% of the past 15 Fins' drafts Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:57 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:I'd rather have the top ten Pro Bowl level player.  I think you can find average starters anywhere.  But if you want to win, you need elite players - especially at the skill positions.

However, any draft producing three average starters would still be better than at least 90% of the past 15 Fins' drafts Laughing

Fireland was a master at drafting average starters: Merling, Langford, Misi, Henne, Clemons, Hartline, Jerry, Odrick...proof that merely drafting a "starter" isn't enough.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:02 pm

Um, Merling wasn't even close to average by any stretch.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MerlPh99.htm

I mean yeah, without his pick six in the '08 season finale the Fins probably don't beat the jets and make the playoffs but that was literally the only meaningful thing that mediocre, misogynistic miscreant ever did in the NFL.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:59 pm

I'd like to, finally, have a draft where we hit on more than zero guys.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum