The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bills destruction has started: OC Ken Dorsey gets the axe

4 posters

Go down

The Bills destruction has started: OC Ken Dorsey gets the axe Empty The Bills destruction has started: OC Ken Dorsey gets the axe

Post by JMP Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:31 pm

NBC Sports wrote:Bills fired offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey.

Someone had to take the blame for the team’s disastrous 2023 season, and it appears Buffalo brass has chosen Dorsey, once a hot name in NFL coaching circles. It’s not that the Bills offense has been bad this season. Only the 49ers and Dolphins are better in EPA per play and only six teams average more offensive yards per contest than the Bills. The team’s offense has appeared stagnant and fairly predictable over the past month, with little use of motion and only flashes of the creativity we saw early in the Josh Allen era. Dorsey’s chances of becoming a head coach are effectively over, though he should land with another team’s offensive staff in 2024.

The downfall has begun!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Bills destruction has started: OC Ken Dorsey gets the axe Empty Re: The Bills destruction has started: OC Ken Dorsey gets the axe

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:44 pm

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

The Bills destruction has started: OC Ken Dorsey gets the axe Empty Re: The Bills destruction has started: OC Ken Dorsey gets the axe

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:19 pm

Jets aging veteran QB goes down on first series of first game. check.
Mac Jones exposed as fraud as offense flounders and folks wonder if Belickick is done. check.
Buffalo implodes and McDermott starts the firings to save his own skin while Allen is a turnover machine. check.

damn. they are dying to give Miami this division!! Dolphins just gotta take it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:21 pm

cheers cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:26 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:

One of the best video clips EVER! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:25 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:Jets aging veteran QB goes down on first series of first game.  check.
Mac Jones exposed as fraud as offense flounders and folks wonder if Belickick is done.  check.
Buffalo implodes and McDermott starts the firings to save his own skin while Allen is a turnover machine.  check.

damn.  they are dying to give Miami this division!!  Dolphins just gotta take it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IKR? That's what I'VE been saying! Sure is odd that Dorsey gets dumped for not using motion enough when everybody's yammering about McDaniel's use of motion no longer working though scratch

Bills now no longer have either coordinator from last season. McDermott decided to take over the D himself but doing the OC's job too is just nuts.

Also, this is why gambling is for fools. Nobody, literally NOBODY, could've predicted Dorsey getting fired before Brandon Staley. (Merc still should've taken that Broncos bet though just like I should've put money down on Devin Hester that one time. Oh well.)

I actually don't feel that bad for Dorsey. For one thing he gets to escape Barfalo and the dystopia that is New York state.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:36 pm

The Bills' theme song. (Listen and you'll see why I chose this one.) And a fan animation to boot! Cool

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:19 pm

Interesting timing on the Dorsey firing. So in last night's game, the offense marched downfield and scored a TD to give the Bills a lead with under 2 minutes left. So what happens next? The defense chokes and lets the Broncos get into FG range, and then STs makes a critical boneheaded mistake to give the Broncos the win. So the postgame knee-jerk reaction by the head coach is, naturally, to fire...the offensive coordinator??? HUH??? scratch

And a sidenote: the Bills have scored more points than any NFL team except the Dolphins, Ravens and Cowboys.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:24 pm

JMP wrote:Interesting timing on the Dorsey firing.  So in last night's game, the offense marched downfield and scored a TD to give the Bills a lead with under 2 minutes left.  So what happens next?  The defense chokes and lets the Broncos get into FG range, and then STs makes a critical boneheaded mistake to give the Broncos the win.  So the postgame knee-jerk reaction by the head coach is, naturally, to fire...the offensive coordinator???  HUH???   scratch

And a sidenote: the Bills have scored more points than any NFL team except the Dolphins, Ravens and Cowboys.

I guess that 12 men on the field penalty was somehow Dorsey's fault? scratch Laughing

This is as obvious a panic move as you get and tells me even the BILLS think they're done. And now they get to face the Jets' D Twisted Evil

As far as the replacement Joe Brady's concerned, he's no Tom but more like another Gase. Got famous for coaching Burrow his senior season (and only that season) which somehow made everybody think he was the next offensive genius and since then he's already been hired and fired as the Panthers' OC. This guy's not the answer.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/BradJo0.htm

The Bills BTW are only as high as 8th in scoring because they averaged 34.75 points per game during their 4-0 start. They've actually failed to reach their current 26 PPG average for the last SIX games now and they sure aren't scoring that many VS the Jets! (Remember, they've played one more game than most teams so points per game is the best way to measure scoring until the bye situation ends.)

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:28 am

its only getting better. now the Jets have had the dreaded "players only" meeting.

"The guys talked, and we had the floor," wide receiver Garrett Wilson said during his weekly spot on the "Bart & Hahn Show" on ESPN New York radio. "It was just us. We got to make sure we're all on the same page about where we're at and how the hell we get out of this funk, man. That was really the message. When it comes from one of your teammates, it always hits different. It always resonates a little bit more."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38897979/jets-cut-third-rb-michael-carter-surprise-move

talk all you want boys, as long as Zach is your QB it ain't gonna matter.

and how did management respond to this meeting...

With their season at a crisis point, the New York Jets held a players-only meeting Tuesday and -- in a surprising move -- waived running back Michael Carter.

A few hours after the meeting, the Jets announced Carter's release, which stunned the locker room. Tackle Mekhi Becton said on X, "This one hurts the most. I can't even lie."

initiate self-destruct sequence in 3, 2, 1...

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:49 am

Dagnabit Merc, you beat me to the bit about the Jets waiving a 3rd string RB with just 8 carries and 15 catches to his name this season and thinking that's going to hold players acccountable or transform the offense!

I'll let it slide. THIS time. Only because your link included the bit about the players' feelings being hurt and mine didn't.

It still feels so surreal seeing all three other AFC East teams in a state of complete disarray and panic. Makes me think the loser of the upcoming Jet-Bills game might have a complete organizational reboot! Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:10 am

By all accounts, Carter was a very well-liked player in that Jets locker room. He took one for the team by staying quiet and doing his job after Dalvin Cook was signed.

A really odd move to cut him - seems completely unnecessary. Rookie RB Izzy Abanikanda may finally be ready to play, but they doesn't mean they had to cut Carter.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:14 am

JMP wrote:By all accounts, Carter was a very well-liked player in that Jets locker room. He took one for the team by staying quiet and doing his job after Dalvin Cook was signed.

A really odd move to cut him - seems completely unnecessary. Rookie RB Izzy Abanikanda may finally be ready to play, but they doesn't mean they had to cut Carter.

Desperate people taking desperate measures, yada yada. This makes the Dorsey firing seem like a logical, rational, well thought out move Laughing

A part of me actually wanted Grier to sign Carter just for the Jets intel. But right now the last thing this team needs is RB so I already know that's not happening.

Also, does Saleh not realize you just don't do crazy shit like cut guys mid season anymore because it hurts the rest of the team's feelings and makes them go into Quiet Quitting mode? I thought he was supposed to be this young, hip, in tune with the players kinda coach. scratch Maybe Daddy Aaron told him to do it...

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:57 pm

apparently Carter was just the beginning. per Saleh, more changes are coming...

Saleh also said other changes are on tap.

"There are. I’m not going to get into it now, but there are," Saleh said, via SNY.

https://sports.yahoo.com/robert-saleh-more-personnel-changes-162520973.html

DolFan 316 wrote:Maybe Daddy Aaron told him to do it...

you might be onto something there. despite all this talk of being committed to Zach Wilson, he did say...

"Aaron's a big boy, a grown man, and no one's going to know Aaron's body like Aaron knows his body," Saleh said Wednesday. "And if he feels after all the doctors clear him -- I'm sure there's a million of them, I have no idea -- but if Aaron says he wants to play, he's going to play."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38905219/jets-saleh-aaron-rodgers-says-wants-play-play

umm, just exactly who is running the team?

and nice way to pull the rug out from underneath your current QB in front of the whole team and show he really is just a dead man walking...but i guess we already knew that.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:06 pm

DIVAs gonna DIVA!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:00 pm

Aaron Rodgers has been undermining Zach Wilson since he suffered the injury in week 1.  His constant talk about coming back in-season (now mid-December!), throwing passes on the field before the game, showing his displeasure through facial expressions on the sideline, being on the Pat McAfee show every week...everything is about Aaron Rodgers and it is clearly not helping Zach, at all.

Last edited by JMP on Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:47 am

"Without a doubt, and I take that very personally," Allen said. "It hurts a lot to see someone you care about go through a situation like that and to know that if I could have done more, if this offense could have done more, we wouldn't have had to do something like that.

"... It's an unfortunate series of events that have led up to it, but, again, as much as you can sit here and feel sorry for yourself and you can sulk on what's going on, we got a game to prepare for and it's four days away, so we can't pay too much attention to it."

"Obviously not a set of circumstances you want to be in, especially during the middle of the season," said Allen, who said that he talked to McDermott about why the move was made. "I love Dorsey as a human being; he's one of the good ones. He's been in this room with me for a very long time.

"I feel like I owe him a lot of the success that I've had in my career, and he's been a huge part of that, so it's sad to see him go. The fact is, we play better as a team, we probably don't have to make a move like that. He was a big part of what we've been doing here in the last few years."

"The clock's ticking on what we can do this season, and it starts this Sunday to try to turn this thing around," Allen said. "It's no secret in terms of how many wins you probably need to get to the playoffs, and we don't got much more wiggle room. So, we understand that."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38907745/josh-allen-says-ken-dorsey-job-bills-played-better

sounds like a lot of gee, i feel bad for him, but not that bad...and not a lot of personal accountability like golly, if i didn't throw so many interceptions and fumble the ball, he might still have a job.

so if they are making this change and simply going with the next man up, there obviously can't be a lot of changes to the offensive system. so they are defacto blaming Dorsey, his playcalling and preparation for the Bills woes (certainly couldn't be McDermott's defense).

my guess is that word has come down from the top to FORCE feed Diggs more after he was only targeted 7 and 5 times in the last 2 losses - and to let Allen run wild, injury risks be damned.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:52 am

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:46 pm

maybe i'm just having too much fun pouring salt in this would, but hey, its the Bills - they deserve it.

If Leonard Floyd hadn't been on the field on Monday night, the Bills beat the Broncos 22-21. The Bills would be 6-4 instead of 5-5, and Ken Dorsey likely still is the Bills' offensive coordinator.

Floyd was the 12th man on Wil Lutz's 41-yard field goal attempt that was wide right, with his penalty giving Lutz and the Broncos another opportunity. The Broncos kicker made the 36-yarder on the final play.

“From my perspective, it was just a communication issue – plain and simple,” Floyd said Wednesday, via The Buffalo News. “Got to be better. We’ll be better. Plain and simple, just miscommunication.”

The Bills' dime defense was on the field for Russell Wilson's final kneel down, and with the clock running, the team sent out its field goal block unit. Six players from the sideline came onto the field but only five left.

The Bills had no timeouts, so they could not have stopped the play if anyone had noticed the extra player.

“I really don’t care about the blame, just disappointed we lost,” Floyd said. “A loss is a loss. People try to find ways to blame this guy, that guy, but I ain’t really sweating it. It’s all football, man. Just go out the next game and correct the shit and go out and win. Them type things, I pretty much try to look past those. You’re going to make mistakes. You can’t play the game perfect. I don’t know nobody that plays this game perfect. We’ve just got to correct it, man, and be better next time.”

The Bills kept their entire starting defense on the field for Lutz's 40-yard field goal try on the final play of the first half with the clock running. But special teams coordinator Matthew Smiley opted to send out the kick block unit before the final play of the game.

“At the end of the game, there’s two schools of thought," coach Sean McDermott said. "Either you do the same and rush with your defense or you try and get your block, your max-rush unit out there. And that’s what coach tried to do. And unfortunately, a certain amount went in and not the equivalent came out, and so we ended up with one too many.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/leonard-floyd-calls-being-12th-014949701.html

not an ounce of accountability in those statements. sure Leonard, we can call it a "miscommunication" but isn't it funny how the other 5 defenders all seemed to understand quite clearly they needed to get off the field? and look at McDermott trying to kick up some ass-covering dust. never mind that teams rush FG block units onto the field dozens of times a year with absolutely no problem whatsoever. no Mr. Floyd, you got caught not paying attention and now you have a new (internal) OC.

they do say teams take on the personality of their leaders. i guess with the Bills its the "everyone else's fault but mine" traits of Sean McDermott.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:16 pm

So Floyd really doesn't give a crap that his mistake cost the team a game? No big deal, right Leonard???

And McDermott is trying to cover up the mistake by justifying it with BS about "two different schools of thought"??? Which school of thought is responsible for ensuring the correct number of players are on the field? scratch Your team screwed up - own it.

I don't think I've EVER seen such a lack of accountability from both a veteran player AND a veteran head coach. It's honestly embarrassing to hear professionals talk that way.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:18 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:

That pic of Lil' Joshy with his hands on his head is priceless! Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:40 pm

That's the one I was talking about.

He went from "We win!" to "Oh shiite!" quickly.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:42 pm

finfanatic wrote:That's the one I was talking about.

He went from "We win!" to "Oh shiite!" quickly.

Sucks when it happens to your team, but it's the greatest thing ever when it happens to the enemy! Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down