The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Board of Governors approves $200 million distribution to DI members

Go down

Board of Governors approves $200 million distribution to DI members Empty Board of Governors approves $200 million distribution to DI members

Post by rightchea Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:41 pm

Brian Hendrickson wrote:The NCAA’s highest-ranking membership committee today announced it would release additional financial assistance to support new programs that benefit student-athletes in Division I.

The NCAA Board of Governors approved a one-time supplemental distribution of $200 million to Division I schools, which must be used explicitly for programs that benefit student-athletes. Athletics departments will be permitted to use the funds to create endowments that directly support students, to launch financial literacy and mental health programs, or to expand academic advising and tutoring resources, for example. Additionally, uses can include funding for scholarships up to the full cost of attendance, four-year guaranteed scholarships and unlimited meals and snacks for athletes, all of which have been approved in Division I in the past two years.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/board-governors-approves-200-million-distribution-di-members?sf22327828=1

I wonder if this means that this will be considered as paying the players

rightchea

Back to top Go down