The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Birdmond...

5 posters

Go down

Hey Birdmond... Empty Hey Birdmond...

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:32 pm

What would you think if the Fins traded up for Elliott, as Kiper seems to think they will do?

http://nflspinzone.com/2016/04/20/miami-dolphins-still-trying-to-fix-the-ground-game/

I would personally SMH and not even bother caring about the rest of the draft if that happened.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Hey Birdmond... Empty Re: Hey Birdmond...

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:57 pm

I can't give up my second round pick but I'll give anything else. Still I'd prefer to trade down and get Henry but I want one of these two backs.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:03 pm

I agree as well.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:08 pm

Um, I hate to break it to you, but Henry will be a Trent Richardson-level bust.

NO RB is worth trading up in the first round for these days, or even taking in the first round to begin with. Gurley's supposed to be the best one to come into the league since AP, and the Rams won 7 games with him--after winning 6, 7 and 7 the previous three years. Hell, AP himself has only been on the winning end of one playoff game I believe, and that was with Bretney Favre having his Eff You season.

Did you know there were only seven RBs to rush for 1000 yards or more last season? (Whispers.) Seven.

The Fins could just as easily win 4-6 games taking some other RB in the 3rd round or lower.

But again, I am really digging your honesty cheers

Now if Tannanbaum decides to take Elliott at 13 I won't be *that* upset since I know at least you'll be happy, and also because he may well be the BPA there. But he'd better stay healthy and get the rock 20 times a game minimum. Because taking a RB at 13 and only giving him a Lamar Miller-type workload would be beyond stupid. Oh, and he would also at the absolute very least need to have more career rushing yards and TDs than any other back in this draft.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:58 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Um, I hate to break it to you, but Henry will be a Trent Richardson-level bust.

NO RB is worth trading up in the first round for these days, or even taking in the first round to begin with. Gurley's supposed to be the best one to come into the league since AP, and the Rams won 7 games with him--after winning 6, 7 and 7 the previous three years. Hell, AP himself has only been on the winning end of one playoff game I believe, and that was with Bretney Favre having his Eff You season.

Did you know there were only seven RBs to rush for 1000 yards or more last season? (Whispers.) Seven.

The Fins could just as easily win 4-6 games taking some other RB in the 3rd round or lower.

But again, I am really digging your honesty cheers

Now if Tannanbaum decides to take Elliott at 13 I won't be *that* upset since I know at least you'll be happy, and also because he may well be the BPA there. But he'd better stay healthy and get the rock 20 times a game minimum. Because taking a RB at 13 and only giving him a Lamar Miller-type workload would be beyond stupid. Oh, and he would also at the absolute very least need to have more career rushing yards and TDs than any other back in this draft.

I wasn't a Henry guy until I watched Alabama's pro day. He ran routes like a WR and caught the ball very well. Saban said they didn't throw to him much not because he's not a good receiver, they didn't throw to him because his work load was too much as it was.

You hear some say he takes too long to get started. I thought this as well until I saw the ESPN Sports Science episode featuring Henry and Elliot. Henry had the fastest 5 yard acceleration EVER recorded. He's patient, not slow to the hole.

As for not trading up, Armando had an article yesterday that stated the percentage of players that become starters after each round. Post it if you like, links are a pain from the phone. Anyway only 27 % of players drafted in the third round become starters and as you can guess, it gets worse as the draft progresses. So why bother?

As for running back's not equating to wins, there has not been a complete back like Elliot since AP and I've never seen a better blocking running back. Zeke will score and score often which leads to wins.

But I will say I don't like this draft to begin with so this makes RB's more appealing.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:51 pm

I've been working on my first round mock, and I agree that this is not a very good draft. Once you get past the first 8 or so picks, it's really a crapshoot with no standout players IMO. I like more players projected to go in rounds 2-4 than I do players projected to go in round 1.

And, because of how weak this draft is, I expect Elliott to go top 10.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:21 pm

I agree with that assessment JMP.

Tannenbaum felt like he had to take the two players and move down to 13, but he essentially gave up any shot at getting a DIFFERENCE MAKING Player IMO.

Tannehill WITH a running game COULD be the real deal. So, making a maximum effort to get a legitimate rushing attack makes sense to me. If the Phins had an Oline already, I would be all in on trading up for Elliot, but getting Elliot with an Oline that is counting on Dallas Thomas as one of the Guards????

Nuh UH!!!

It is definitely gonna be interesting.

I still think Tannenbaum is expecting to get a starting CB at #13.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down