The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFF offseason grades: Dolphins bleed talent in offseason

+3
CarsonChris
Degarmo
rightchea
7 posters

Go down

PFF offseason grades: Dolphins bleed talent in offseason Empty PFF offseason grades: Dolphins bleed talent in offseason

Post by rightchea Sun May 29, 2016 11:13 pm

Kevin Nogle wrote:The Miami Dolphins had an offseason that will determine the direction of the franchise over the next few years. A new head coach and coaching staff, several young and talented free agent departures, some big name free agent additions, and a surprise draft all set up the Dolphins for the future. Of course, what that future will be still has to be determined, but it was a busy offseason for Miami.

Looking back on the offseason, it seems like Miami did basically exactly what they wanted to do. They targeted specific players and went and got them. They molded their team into the vision of head coach Adam Gase, who also will mold his systems to the players on the team. Would they have liked to keep players like Lamar Miller, Olivier Vernon, and Rishard Matthews? Of course, but there were other reasons, to include money and playing time, that led the players to signing with the Houston Texans, New York Giants, and Tennessee Titans, respectively.

According to Pro Football Focus, the loss of those three, as well as players like Derrick Shelby, Greg Jennings, and Brent Grimes, did hurt the offseason grade for the Dolphins. PFF's offseason grade for Miami was a B-.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2016/5/29/11807812/pff-offseason-grades-dolphins-bleed-talent-in-offseason

More positive information about the Fins. Let's hope that all this positive talk is not going to hurt Miami fan feelings.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

PFF offseason grades: Dolphins bleed talent in offseason Empty Re: PFF offseason grades: Dolphins bleed talent in offseason

Post by Degarmo Mon May 30, 2016 6:23 am

The grade there is a B-, doesn't seem overtly positive to me. Just barely better than meh.

After bleeding that much talent, it’s difficult to be too excited about what the Dolphins did this offseason, even if many of the moves were necessary. They had one of our favorite draft classes, but Miami still only ekes out a B- for an overall grade.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

PFF offseason grades: Dolphins bleed talent in offseason Empty Re: PFF offseason grades: Dolphins bleed talent in offseason

Post by CarsonChris Mon May 30, 2016 2:31 pm

None of the post draft grades matter. The record matters. Anything less than a three game improvement is a failure. We've treaded water for a decade. It's time to swim!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 30, 2016 4:55 pm

CarsonChris wrote:None of the post draft grades matter. The record matters. Anything less than a three game improvement is a failure. We've treaded water for a decade. It's time to swim!

Agreed, but I don't think this roster is good enough to even get to .500. Still too many question marks and weak areas to give me any hope.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon May 30, 2016 6:12 pm

CarsonChris wrote:None of the post draft grades matter. The record matters. Anything less than a three game improvement is a failure. We've treaded water for a decade. It's time to swim!

Three game improvement??? Shocked I'm thinking they'll be three games worse.

Every offseason is always "the one that will shape this team for years to come" or "the most important offseason in franchise history" and yet it's always the same every year somehow. This one's only different because they haven't signed any expensive FAs due to not having enough money after doing it so many times before.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Mon May 30, 2016 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon May 30, 2016 8:52 pm

I not sure if Miami will be a better or worse, I see Miami having the same record as last year just a bunch of disappointments and unbelievable play calling.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon May 30, 2016 10:50 pm

I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm thinking 7-9 right now.

The offensive line, wide receiver and defensive line should be strong areas, despite the turnover, and O-line looking like a team strength for the first time since Bullygate.

Running back, linebacker and cornerback are huge question marks. We are going to need to be pleasantly surprised by one of our corners other than Maxwell and Howard, and it is just my opinion, but I think Howard over Alexander was a mistake. I think Alexander will be the better NFL player.

I have a feeling too many games will look like that Giants game last year for this year's secondary.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Tue May 31, 2016 6:49 am

I agree with Mario Williams. It's all on the defensive line. If they play to their capabilities that alone will make the D above average. That along with my belief that special teams and the offensive will be significantly better I'm highly optimistic.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue May 31, 2016 11:02 am

I still see the OL as a major question mark, particularly the two guard spots and overall depth.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:37 pm

JMP wrote:I still see the OL as a major question mark, particularly the two guard spots and overall depth.

. . . and the durability issue which uncovers the depth issue.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:40 pm

Degarmo wrote:
JMP wrote:I still see the OL as a major question mark, particularly the two guard spots and overall depth.

. . . and the durability issue which uncovers the depth issue.

I understand it's just OTA's but I've read from multiple sources that Sam Young and Jamil Douglas look very good. So there's that.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Very difficult to learn anything about OL or DL during OTAs.  It's not real football.

I remember positive talk about Dallas Thomas and Terrence Fede from last year's OTAs.  During the season, one sucked and the other did nothing.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:40 pm

yep. that is true the issue is that we will never know what OTA do for OL or DL but let just hope for the best

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down