The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Dolphins shopping for trades to improve roster

5 posters

Go down

Miami Dolphins shopping for trades to improve roster Empty Miami Dolphins shopping for trades to improve roster

Post by rightchea Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:37 pm

Omar Kelly wrote:The biggest move the Miami Dolphins made last offseason was the product of a trade the team had been working on since the NFL scouting combine.

The Dolphins traded down five spots in the first round and acquired starting inside linebacker Kiko Alonso and starting cornerback Byron Maxwell from the Philadelphia Eagles, and with the 13th overall pick Miami selected Laremy Tunsil, who turned into the team's starting left guard.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-miami-dolphins-shopping-for-trades-to-improve-the-roster-20170125-story.html

I truly hoping that they are talking about trading down to add more picks in the draft. My biggest issue is that he said something about trading away picks for players, not liking that

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins shopping for trades to improve roster Empty Re: Miami Dolphins shopping for trades to improve roster

Post by JMP Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Trading picks for players is stupid. We need to start building through the draft. Add picks, don't trade them away.

The ONLY reason that trade last year looks OK is because Tunsil fell in our laps by pure luck. That trade would have sucked without Tunsil. Yes, we got 3 starters...but Maxwell played poorly for a good portion of the season and then got hurt (and he may get cut this offseason), and Alonso got worse and worse as the year went on and ended up being a major liability against both the run and pass - he's a big reason our defense was so bad IMHO.

Tannenbaum traded picks away left and right with the Jets, and he showed signs of that with the Phins last year with the Tunsil and Caroo deals. I'm worried that he thinks we're "close" and will trade away even more picks this year to get the players he locks in on.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Miami Dolphins shopping for trades to improve roster Empty Re: Miami Dolphins shopping for trades to improve roster

Post by Birdmond Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:54 pm

Personally I think it will be Ross who tells all involved that we are close and do whatever it takes THIS year. I think Tannembaum is smarter than that. But either way I agree. It will happen.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:34 am

I made trades but wanted to build through the draft. this is the team i came out with. I don't even know if it is allowed to have this many picks but i think this would be a very good draft.

Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Jarrad Davis, ILB, Florida (A)
Round 2 Pick 20 (CLE): David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (CLE): Pat Elflein, C/OG, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 16 (MINN): Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 22 (MINN): Kevin King, CB, Washington (A+)
Round 3 Pick 33 (COMP): Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor (A-)
Round 4 Pick 4 (CHI): Fabian Moreau, CB/FS, UCLA (A)
Round 4 Pick 10 (CHI): Eddie Jackson, SS, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 15 (MINN): Elijah Lee, OLB, Kansas State (A)
Round 4 Pick 22 (MINN): Zach Banner, OG/OT, Southern California (A)
Round 5 Pick 22: Stacy Coley, WR, Miami (Fla.) (A-)
Round 5 Pick 34 (COMP): Donnel Pumphrey, RB, San Diego State (A)
Round 5 Pick 40 (COMP): Jake Elliott, K, Memphis (C+)
Round 6 Pick 22: Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss (C+)
Round 7 Pick 22: Nate Iese, FB, UCLA (C+)
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:50 pm

I doubt even the Phins would want that many rookies. If they get that many picks, trade some for picks in next year's draft that are a round higher than the pick this year.

I do not have a great deal of confidence in the front office. Even Ross scares the bejeebers out of me.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:03 pm

I don't think that Miami could afford that many players.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down