The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reuben Foster's stock is dropping

+4
rightchea
DolFan 316
white1
Degarmo
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reuben Foster's stock is dropping - Page 2 Empty Re: Reuben Foster's stock is dropping

Post by white1 Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:30 am

If there truly is a run on ends as predicted, and I think there very well may be, there is going to be opportunity elsewhere.

I'd have no problem with a corner if that ends up being our selection. There are 3 that could start immediately, and one of them (White from LSU) is also a punt returner so we could get immediate impact there if he fails to win a starting job in camp.

Safety? I don't see one graded high enough to justify a first round pick. We could probably get a prospect anywhere from the 3 - 5th round and he might be good enough to win the job in year 2.

I know people hate this pick, but I think Njoku would be a steal at 22. If there's a run at one or more positions, someone like him will drop - it's not out of the realm of possibility. Especially considering the number of QB starved teams, there could be 3 QBs taking up slots ahead of our pick (they'll be reaches, but thats not our problem). His size, speed and athletic ability are rare. He's probably just as good a seam threat as Julius Thomas in his prime, and a better blocker. IMO, you don't pass up on a guy like him if he's top on your board, just because we have an old Julius Thomas and an older Fasano on the roster. Gase will find a way to work him into the offense, and he starts as early as 2018.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Reuben Foster's stock is dropping - Page 2 Empty Re: Reuben Foster's stock is dropping

Post by JMP Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:40 am

I love Njoku's upside, but IMO the pick makes no sense for the Phins. I doubt he'd be BPA at 22, but more importantly the Phins are 3-deep at TE already - there's really no room for another one on this roster.

I'd have no problem with a CB at 22.

I think Trubisky is the only QB going in round one.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:46 am

I think Trubisky is the only QB going in round one.

I agree by the grading Trubisky SHOULD BE the only round 1 quarterback selected.

I am going to stand by my prediction, I think it will be 3 and they will all go before us. Watson definitely will be one of them to go along with Trubisky. The third will probably be Mahomes.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:48 am

Yeah, the whole size thing (being smallish) is concerning but the not being too smart (how do you get yourself kicked out of the Combine???) makes me wonder if the dude ain't got some other problems? This makes me put a big red X on him if I am the Phins.

But Tannenbaum looks at where he has the guy graded and where he is picking and IGNORES everything else, or rather downplays the negatives on character, and goes for what his grade says is VALUE. Normally a good thing, but I just do not trust Tannenbaum. YET? Another smooth move like Tunsil that works out (or looks to have worked out ? ) and I just may ENDORSE his methodology!!

Besides, I still like Tim Williams better. Jarrad Davis or Zack Cunningham would be great as well.

But I sincerely DOUBT the Phins are gonna draft a LB.

I would LOVE if Barnett made it to the 22nd pick. This guy Broke Reggie White's record for sacks at Tenn!!! When he wasn't double-teamed, he wreaked havoc on the opposing offense. I doubt he makes it to 22 though.

Lamp would be an okay pick IMO. But the difference in him and 2nd round or 3rd round rated Guard is NOT THAT MUCH IMO. He fills a need, but the VALUE is just not there as opposed to some of the other positions I am thinking.

Gonna be interesting to see what the Phins braintrust does.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Trading down from 22 is the only thing that makes sense to me, unless someone just unexpectedly drops that shouldn't be there.  The value is in rounds 2 and 3 this year IMO.

Which means Tannenbaum is likely to trade up. Smile

I do think a LB will be selected, likely OLB.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:54 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Trading down from 22 is the only thing that makes sense to me, unless someone just unexpectedly drops that shouldn't be there.  The value is in rounds 2 and 3 this year IMO.  

Which means Tannenbaum is likely to trade up. Smile

I do think a LB will be selected, likely OLB.  

I have to agree, allow the rumors come out for some player that many teams would like and see who takes the bait and how much you can get out of it.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:53 pm

The problem is, a lot of teams will want to trade down. I'm not sure too many are going to want to trade up.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum