The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS: Timmons suspended indefinitely

+7
JMP
Birdmond
DolFan 316
white1
CarsonChris
Umix10
scotgif
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Timmons suspended indefinitely - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Timmons suspended indefinitely

Post by Umix10 Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:01 pm

I understand Gase's stance. On the outside, it looks as if Timmons quit. It's hard for anyone to suggest that someone with no pattern or history of off field issues or on field issues for that matter to just up and leave and not tell anyone. The guy has been a pro for 12 years. His production hasn't been declining. Gase's distaste for Timmons isn't something that just sprang up on him. If he truly was surprised and didn't know what's going on wouldn't he, of respect of his players, be more concerned about his mental state or physical well being then a football game he missed?

Again I get it, but the commentary that Gase chose is "i don't care about Timmons, I don't give a shit about his well being, I don't want him on my team" Now considering all of that, I would seriously think that Gase and Timmons must have got into it and some words exchanged, maybe even a little chest tapping and Timmons walked out and never went back to the hotel. Pure speculation on my part, but like i said this is a NFL organization this is professional coaches and professional players who look at people's tendencies for a living. do you really think that he was gone????
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Timmons suspended indefinitely - Page 2 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Timmons suspended indefinitely

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Sorry, but I've got to disagree with all of that.

If Gase really didn't care about the players then Ajayi would've been either cut or benched the rest of the season after the opener last year. Remember that?

Timmons is the one who didn't give a shit about anyone but himself. Period. And then he wants to just come back and pretend it never happened? FUCK THAT. You let him get away with that, and not only does he do it again but next time other players follow his lead. Gase has every right to be pissed and if anything he showed a lot of restraint IMO. You could tell he wanted to do and say so much more.

As a society, we need desperately to go back to when people were actually held accountable for their mistakes. Instead we live in a world where people commit felonies at will and pretend they were just accidents. Whoops, I just happened to drive drunk, don't know how THAT happened! Whoops, that woman just happened to accidentally hit her face with my fist, what rotten luck! Enough is fucking enough!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Besides, a suspension could be interpreted as, "I'm giving this guy a chance to get his issues squared away once and for all." That's how I'd spin it. really, Timmons doesn't have a leg to stand on here. He basically conned the Fins into paying him $12 mil or whatever it was to not actually do his job. Who knows, maybe he planned this from the beginning thinking he'd be a Patriot right about now. Again, what could POSSIBLY be such a dire emergency that a player has to flee from a team on SATURDAY NIGHT when they're playing the next day, after spending an ENTIRE WEEK where they're at? Hell, all Timmons had to do was at least make up a story about how his child was about to die, and he couldn't even be bothered to do THAT!

This guy should literally never be paid to play football again. Go and do whatever you want, have a nice life, just don't pretend to be a football player ever again. It's a privilege not a right, and you just lost it by your own choice. You want to be with your family then fine, you can be with them as long as you want the rest of the season, there's the door. But you're not being cut so you can run back to the Steelers or Pats or whoever. If you didn't want to be a Dolphin then why'd you sign? Is it normal now for people to take an employer's money but not actually do any work? Is that going to be a thing now?

Okay, I'll stop. In fact I'll stop talking about Timmons altogether. He's out of my reality starting...now. Buh bye.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Even Don Shula lost control of the team eventually when he started tolerating things he never would have in his prime years. Remember Mark Ingram walking off the field during practice in 1994, or Eric Green missing about 40 practices the next year?

If it happened to Shula, it could happen to any coach who puts up with selfish, immature nonsense.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:44 am

Going AWOL on game day is non forgivable. I love the reaction by Gase.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 am

This looks like it's going to kill the "Timmons Era" in Miami. We just traded for a Saints LB last night.

To answer one of DFs questions with an educated guess based on a couple things I've read:

I have just one question though. I could've sworn the max amount any player could be suspended was 4 games, as per the CBA. Did Timmons leaving somehow void that?

Yes, my understanding is that the CBA limits suspension to a maximum of 4 games. However, the suspension apparently has another effect beneficial to the team. It voids a large portion of the remaining guarantees (I guess beyond the up front signing bonus, some of which gets taken in the pro rated suspension).

To me, this is a maneuver to limit the financial damage in preparation for a trade (LOL) or outright release.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:51 am

Yeah, the Phins gave up a 5th for Anthony, and assuming the Phins plan to play him at SOLB if and when he gets healthy, I think that means Timmons is not in the plans.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 am

Agreed. Timmons did a good job altering those plans on Saturday, to the point he's no longer in them. At all.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:20 am

I wasn't crazy about the Timmons signing because I think he's been rapidly declining and he sucks in coverage, but I still can't believe he would pull something like this. Obviously we don't know exactly what happened, but his failure to contact the team is just unacceptable and, IMO, unforgiveable. I want no part of him on this team, and I hope the Phins can dump him without screwing the cap.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:22 am

Like I told one guy, it like missing work without calling out. You either get punished or fired and for Gase this is one of the worst crime as a head coach and a leader

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:01 am

apparently Timmons no longer wants to be a Dolphin...

“Most players and team officials had no idea Timmons would be going to their practice, though a source said he did inform a few coaches of his desire to visit the Steelers. Mike Tomlin was aware but the front office was not, and his presence did seem odd to many given his status with the Dolphins. Sources said he told former Steelers teammates he wanted to be back in Pittsburgh and said things along of the lines of it was a mistake to have ever left.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-lawrence-timmons-steelers-dolphins-20170924-story.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:36 am

Tomlin knew he was there. Could this be considered tampering?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2