The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHERE DA GAME THREAD AT?!?!

+3
Degarmo
JMP
DolFan 316
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

WHERE DA GAME THREAD AT?!?!  - Page 3 Empty Re: WHERE DA GAME THREAD AT?!?!

Post by JMP Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:41 pm

Ravens in victory formation. Game officially over.

What a damn shitshow this team is. Our head coach is an offensive genius and we've been shutout twice in 7 games (really three times, with that last-second TD ion the Jets loss). I know it'll never happen, but if I was the owner I'd walk into that locker room right now, march up to Gase and say "Clean out your desk, son. You're fired." But since this is the Dolphins, we'll get at least two more years of this garbage.

I wish I had the balls to cancel Sunday Ticket like you did, umix. But I can't do it. At least I'll get to watch Red Zone all day Sunday.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:41 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Actually the pullover kind of worked. I pulled the hoodie over my eyes

LOL Smart move.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:07 am

JMP wrote:Down 40-0, and I think we just barely have 150 yards of offense.  Time for 316 and Hal to hit the books...is this officially the worst regular season loss in Dolphins' history??  

Nah, without even looking it up it isn't as bad as that 41-0 egg we laid with home field advantage on the line late in 1997 at Indy. That team actually had Dan Marino and a fighting chance of doing something.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:10 am

Damn, I had erased that Colts loss from my memory. But now it's all coming back... that was brutal!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:12 am

I think the pullover might only work if it's on before the game.

My not predicting game scores, on the other hand, has come to an end. Razz

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:12 am

However, this team reminds me more and more of the 1980 team that lost Bob Griese for the season, managed to come back and win three games in a row early after being behind double digits (one against a very good 12-4 Atlanta team on the road, in fact) and basically overachieved with rookie David Woodley at QB to finish 8-8 despite scoring only 266 points.

And that team laid a similar 34-0 egg on the road at New England the game after Griese's season (and career) ending injury.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198010120nwe.htm

They kept winning close games all year. They overachieved, with PFR having their expected W/L record at 6.7-9.3.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:48 am

I guess the pullover only works on Sundays.

Literally just checked out the final score and...what the feezy?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked A team has to work really hard to lose by that much. Seriously.

I'm now seriously starting to think Gase tanked this game specifically so he could justify starting Cutler again ASAP.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:18 am

Hey guys. Had to work 4-12 and didn't have time to check in. I did suffer through the game streaming on my company cell phone. I think the NFL Mobile plan has free streaming so I don't get fired.
What another piece of crap game. At least we beat the Jets so now lose out and draft a QB for the future.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:23 am

HalCHorn wrote:However, this team reminds me more and more of the 1980 team that lost Bob Griese for the season, managed to come back and win three games in a row early after being behind double digits (one against a very good 12-4 Atlanta team on the road, in fact) and basically overachieved with rookie David Woodley at QB to finish 8-8 despite scoring only 266 points.

And that team laid a similar 34-0 egg on the road at New England the game after Griese's season (and career) ending injury.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198010120nwe.htm

They kept winning close games all year.  They overachieved, with PFR having their expected W/L record at 6.7-9.3.

This team now reminds me of the 2011 Chiefs. See my other thread. The '92 Colts might be an even better example come to think of it. Finished 9-7 despite being shut out three times.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:27 pm

This team reminds me of all the times i had to take a crap
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Umix10 wrote:This team reminds me of all the times i had to take a crap

Yeah, one of those where you really feel it comin' on, but you get on the can, and for the entire first half of the crap it's just a struggle, with little to nothing happening. Then it all comes out at once, painfully, with the remainder trickling out towards the last quarter of it.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3