The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Was The Alonso Hit Really Dirty???

2 posters

Go down

Was The Alonso Hit Really Dirty???  Empty Was The Alonso Hit Really Dirty???

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:36 am

The media keeps saying it was, but I stopped taking the media seriously a long time ago. But if it was then I'd be a hypocrite to say nothing should come of it.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Was The Alonso Hit Really Dirty???  Empty Re: Was The Alonso Hit Really Dirty???

Post by JMP Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:41 am

When they showed the overhead view, you could see Flacco going into his slide while Alonso was still a few yards away. There was plenty of time for Alonso to slow down and let up, or change direction, or even dive over Flacco. Instead, he lowered his shoulder and delivered a cannon-blast to Flacco's head. No doubt in my mind that it was a dirty, malicious play.

I know a lot of people are saying it wasn't dirty, but I thought it was as soon as I saw it, and the overhead view clearly confirmed it for me.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Was The Alonso Hit Really Dirty???  Empty Re: Was The Alonso Hit Really Dirty???

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:53 am

Just now saw the video. I agree with you, it was clearly Flacco sliding, then Alonso diving in. The events were not simultaneous, nor did Flacco seem to slide "late" as Alonso claims. I don't think he tried to put Flacco out of the game or end his season, but he definitely meant to make contact. The vid I saw was without sound so I'm not sure about this "cannon blast" thing, though.

Seemed like the entire D was out of control last night, trying to act tough while literally getting run over. Just confirms the notion in my mind that about 95% of NFL players are overgrown 12-year olds.

I still think the media would've tripped all over themselves insisting that the same hit was perfectly fine if it had been delivered to Moore, though. Remember the playoff game? Moore gets his jaw jacked, and all those goofs could talk about was how the Fins should've had the book thrown at them for ignoring concussions, as if no other team has ever done that Rolling Eyes And I'm not even sure Moore even had one anyway, I think it was just a jaw thing, not a brain thing. I also still remember Dan Dierdorf practically beside himself with glee when Pat White literally almost died. He must've said "He's a runner!" about 20 times, as if that made it okay Rolling Eyes

But I never want to see this team become one of the dirty ones, that's for sure.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down