The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Day Just End The Season. Fins vs Bills.

+6
HalCHorn
Degarmo
rightchea
white1
finfanatic
JEGnj
10 posters

Go down

Game Day Just End The Season. Fins vs Bills. Empty Game Day Just End The Season. Fins vs Bills.

Post by JEGnj Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:57 pm

Who cares. Another wasted season as a suffering Fin's Fan.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Game Day Just End The Season. Fins vs Bills. Empty Re: Game Day Just End The Season. Fins vs Bills.

Post by finfanatic Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:13 pm

Yep.

Watch the Phins go out and play like they played against the Pats a few weeks ago?

Just to "improve" their draft position.

Same ol'Phins.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Game Day Just End The Season. Fins vs Bills. Empty Re: Game Day Just End The Season. Fins vs Bills.

Post by white1 Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:57 pm

If John Fox is fired, someone get him on the phone ASAP.

We desperately need an adult to run this defense. All fucking year we are letting receivers run wide open and today is no different.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:41 pm

That play by Fales pissed me off. Your playing to make the tam next season. Put your head down and get the first down. Don't run to the sidelines and come up short. I guess that sums up the Dolphin's never aggressive for the goal play it safe and average and come up short.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:21 pm

I wish that Miami would finish the season on the right foot

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:26 pm

Go Bills. A win now means nothing.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:27 pm

This team mailing it in is a really ugly look
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:25 pm

Well, maybe I should have taken a look, but honestly, I haven't wanted to watch any of this crap since the Patsies were handed another Super Bowl in Pittsburgh two weeks ago. So I haven't.

My hope, at this time, for the draft:
1st) Quentin Nelson, OG
2nd) Mason Rudolph, QB

LB is also a key need, but this offense needs a TON of help. Of course, none of that help will matter if Gase doesn't hire someone capable of calling plays, but we still need to bring in that help. We need a QB capable of becoming a starter by 2019 and we need the best offensive lineman available, since we kicked the can down the road on that particular glaring need in 2017's draft.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:21 pm

Two players getting tossed. Most embarrassing play I’ve seen in Miami. Coaching is pathetic!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:06 am

No game thoughts from me this week...no reason. But, I will say this:

--If Gase planned on playing Fales, why did Cutler get the first series? Makes no sense...just downright stupid.
--This team is so poorly coached, it's not funny. Penalties by the ton...just a completely undisciplined team. And the Landry/Drake shenanigans that got them both ejected was simply unacceptable. Grow the fuck up.
--Gotta love how Gase is so un-involved with the team that the damn special teams coach has to throw the challenge flag. I have no idea how this fraud got a head coaching job...he literally does nothing but run the crappy offense. #notaheadcoach
--David Fales is, at best, a #3 QB in the NFL. But I have a feeling that Gase loved what he saw and will hand Fales the #2 job next season - and we won't draft a QB.
--Tyrod Taylor looks like an all-time great every time he faces the Dolphins. WTF????
--I have a strong feeling that the Phins are going to crash and burn next season. Gase doesn't know what the hell he's doing and I don't see that changing.

Anyway, this season sucked and I fucking HATE this coaching staff. Ryan Tannehill is not a savior and I predict another losing season in 2018. And I'm OK with that...if it gets Gase fired.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:55 am

Here’s to Gase being fired and the last Tannehill year! 2018 the year Miami flushes it all!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:01 pm

If next year looks like this one, just Gase going won't do it for me. Ross needs to fire everyone from Tannenbaum down - including Grier and Gase.

Do what the Giants are doing right now. Hire a GM (a real football guy), and let him run the show including the hiring of our next head coach.

I'd love to see John Fox come in to run our defense, but I don't see anything like that happening. Same tired coaching staff, same crappy draft, same bad free agent signings. It's gonna be a great year!

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:48 pm

white1 wrote:If next year looks like this one, just Gase going won't do it for me.  Ross needs to fire everyone from Tannenbaum down - including Grier and Gase.

Do what the Giants are doing right now.  Hire a GM (a real football guy), and let him run the show including the hiring of our next head coach.

Absolutely. But Ross never gets it right. He believes all the BS that Tannenbaum and Gase spit out, that everything is great and we're "close". Total clown show.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:00 pm

In typical Fins fashion, beating the Pats turned out to literally be the worst thing they could have done. Feh.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:04 am

i wouldn't expect too much change for this team. many of the under performing players (cough, cough Alonso) are more expensive to cut than keep on the team. and the owner and front office are convinced this a good team that would have otherwise succeeded were it not for the injury to Tannehill.

Ross said. “The new year didn’t start out right with the injury and you can’t replace a good quarterback. I look forward to next season and the adjustments.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article192410804.html

adjustments? is that all he thinks this team needs?

and the players are convinced they're good too...

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article192456584.html

So does Miami’s 6-10 record accurately reflect how the team played?

“No, it doesn’t,” cornerback Bobby McCain said. “People talk about talent. This team has a lot of talent.”

well no Bobby, it doesn't.

Reshad Jones continued. “I think we’ve got resilient guys in this locker room, we’ve got the right pieces in this locker room.”

and of course...

Pouncey asserted, “I had my best year. Ask the coaches. They'll tell you the same thing.”

Coaches agreed.

“Especially down the stretch, he’s been probably our most consistent guy and he’s probably played his best ball in the back half of the season,” Dolphins coach Adam Gase said.

so you see Dolfans, all is well and just a few minor adjustments are needed.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:01 am

It's absurd to think that anyone actually believes Pouncey had a good year, let alone his best year. I don't know how anyone could feel confident about Gase after reading this crap.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:05 am

I'll add to what JMP just said.

When we were "sold' on this five year plan under Gase, Grier., Tannenbaum we were told that what Ross wanted was sustainable success. Build through the draft and install a program, showing progress each season.

I know that record does not necessarily reflect progress. However, we regressed in several areas and our offense and defense are both ranked worse than last season. How can anyone look at 2017 and say that we are building anything? This squad has just as many needs as it ever has, is still making the same dumb mistakes, committing way too many penalties. Plus, we are so inconsistent we can beat the Patriots but we can't beat a bad Tampa team.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:43 am

Great post, white.

A great example is the DE position. We let Olivier Vernon walk after the 2015 season. And now we're entering the third offseason where we are still looking to replace him. Free agency didn't work with Mario Williams, Andre Branch and William Hayes, and the draft hasn't worked so far with a first round pick on Harris, who did almost nothing as a rookie (though of course the Phins think he's fantastic and are overjoyed with his 19 tackles and 2 sacks). It's a vicious circle - create a hole and then spend years trying to fill it. You can't win like that.

And I'm not saying we should have kept Vernon - the point is, the talent evaluators in this organization are pathetic, and it's impossible to make progress in this situation.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down