The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated Mock Drafts 3/18

+5
JMP
scotgif
finfanatic
rightchea
HalCHorn
9 posters

Go down

Updated Mock Drafts 3/18 Empty Updated Mock Drafts 3/18

Post by HalCHorn Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:29 pm

No trades:

Round 1 Pick 11: Edmunds, Tremaine, OLB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 2 Pick 10: Crosby, Tyrell, OT, Oregon (A-)
Round 3 Pick 9: Cain, Deon, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 4 Pick 23: Fatukasi, Folorunso, DT, Connecticut (A)
Round 4 Pick 30: McFadden, Tarvarus, CB, Florida State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Coutee, Keke, WR, Texas Tech (A+)
Round 7 Pick 11: Adams, Tony, OG, North Carolina State (A+)

With trades:
Round 1 Pick 21 (CINN): Edmunds, Tremaine, OLB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 2 Pick 10: Hughes, Mike, CB, Central Florida (A)
Round 2 Pick 21 (BUF): Crosby, Tyrell, OT, Oregon (A)
Round 3 Pick 4 (HOU): Reid, Justin, FS, Stanford (A)
Round 3 Pick 9: Michel, Sony, RB, Georgia (A+)
Round 3 Pick 17 (DAL): Hurst, Hayden, TE, South Carolina (A+)
Round 3 Pick 20 (LAC): Sutton, Courtland, WR, Southern Methodist (A+)
Round 3 Pick 21 (CAR): Jewell, Josey, ILB, Iowa (A)
Round 3 Pick 26 (ATL): Cain, Deon, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 3 Pick 32 (BUF): Bates III, Jessie, FS, Wake Forest (A-)
Round 4 Pick 5 (CHI): Thomas, Ian, TE, Indiana (A+)
Round 4 Pick 15 (CHI): Lauletta, Kyle, QB, Richmond (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23: Jones, Jamarco, OT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 30: Fatukasi, Folorunso, DT, Connecticut (A)
Round 6 Pick 3 (HOU): Flowers, Dimitri, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 5: Carlson, Daniel, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 7 Pick 11: Adams, Tony, OG, North Carolina State (A+)

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Updated Mock Drafts 3/18 Empty Re: Updated Mock Drafts 3/18

Post by rightchea Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:01 pm

I like the picks and feel that Miami would have it first great real draft with those picks.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:49 pm

I just wonder if Miami thinks LB is where they should go?

They NEED a big time LB, but I get the feeling it is not as important to them as we think it should be.

I am expecting something strange....Tannenbaum STRANGE!!

Who knows?
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:57 pm

Who knows? We all thought guard was not really a priority and they just signed Sitton, so who knows? Maybe they do see LB as a need.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:23 pm

The thing with LB is, where would a rookie even play? McMillan and Alonso are locked in as starters, and we use 2 LBs about 70% of the time (if not more). The third LB is likely Anthony, who we gavce up a pick for and the coaches seem to like. So even though I think LB is probably the biggest need on the roster, I don't think the Dolphins agree. I guess we'll see...

I'm starting to think they may go for a DT (Vea, Payne) - or even a RB (Guice).

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:34 pm

I don’t see LB or DT as a priority. I think the that the emphasis will be the QB position for round 1 and then Guard/Center Round 2 and whatever shakes loose after that. I’ve said it before the need for runstuffers are more important than attacking DT. We needs someone that holds the point so the LB can make plays. We need the next Tim Bowens and Daryl Gardener. Not Ndamakong Suh.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:55 pm

Umix10 wrote:I don’t see LB or DT as a priority.  I think the that the emphasis will be the QB position for round 1 and then Guard/Center Round 2 and whatever shakes loose after that.   I’ve said it before the need for runstuffers are more important than attacking DT.  We needs someone that holds the point so the LB can make plays. We need the next Tim Bowens and Daryl Gardener. Not Ndamakong Suh.  

I'd be shocked if they took a QB round one. They are in win now mode with all these moves, and a rookie QB won't help them.

Guard and center have already been addressed and I don't see them adding more at either spot.

DT looks like a major priority to me, especially with Phillips in his final year. That may be the weakest position on the team at the moment, besides TE. I have a feeling Tannenbaum is drooling over Vea...could definitely see him being the pick. And I'd be fine with that. Dude is a monster.

I hate our linebacking corps, but it is what it is.

Really, the way the Phins have set up the roster through free agency, I'm not sure what they're going to do in the draft. Seems like they have filled most of the holes and I can see them trading away picks to target specific players.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:22 pm

Win now mode. Jesus Christ. Such an oblivious group of individuals running things.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:55 pm

Degarmo wrote:Win now mode.  Jesus Christ.  Such an oblivious group of individuals running things.

Yep.  And it's clearly win now when you add a bunch of veteran players in one offseason: Quinn, Hayes, Sitton, Kilgore, Amendola, Wilson - and more to come, I'm sure.  Not to mention restructuring older players like Tannehill, Jones and Wake and creating dead money by cutting Suh and Pouncey.  All these moves point to 'win now'.  The draft is now all about adding depth players, except at TE.  I've been complaining for years about how all we seem to do is draft role players and career backups, and it looks that trend will continue the way the roster has been built.  Maybe they'll surprise me, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not saying all these moves are bad, at all.  All I'm saying is that to me, this is clearly a team that is building for today - not tomorrow.  I sense another epic fail coming.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:06 am

You can't add too many parts and expect cohesion, particularly nowadays where you get 2 practices a decade.

I agree, epic fail alert.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:59 am

Oh well. I guess a spectacular failure is at least spectacular in some way. Versus the ever repeating hamster wheel of middling-poor performance hovering within a game or two of .500.

In fact, I may prefer a total destruction of the team. Last time, at least it gave us the entertainment of Dan Campbell and the firing of Philbin (finally).

I'm going to go ahead and call this now. If the team fails, Gase will survive, both Tannenbaum and Grier take the fall.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:51 am

white1 wrote:Oh well.  I guess a spectacular failure is at least spectacular in some way.  Versus the ever repeating hamster wheel of middling-poor performance hovering within a game or two of .500.

In fact, I may prefer a total destruction of the team.  Last time, at least it gave us the entertainment of Dan Campbell and the firing of Philbin (finally).

I'm going to go ahead and call this now.  If the team fails, Gase will survive, both Tannenbaum and Grier take the fall.

Not so sure Gase escapes this time - if we fail, that means his offense sucked again - and the coaches he brought in failed, and the moves he signed off on (especially dumping Landry) failed.  All of which should lead to an immediate firing.

Never thought I'd say this, but man I miss Dan Campbell.  He made this team fun again, at least for a few weeks.

Last edited by JMP on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:03 pm

I have been vacillating between the deep dark pit of despair in thinking a team implosion is likely, and HOPING against all evidence, that the moves being made are for the betterment of the team.

I have already posted my fear that Gase MIGHT be about to lose the team. Trading away proven players for lesser talents and then claiming there is nothing wrong with the coaching; the players just need to execute better/correctly is not going to work for long IMO.

If the Phins start off poorly and Gase pulls another Gase-ism and benches a starter or trades one away, or gets rid of some goobers, then tells the players they have to play harder, execute better, I think the team is going right down the ol'porcelain vortex.

My thinking is Ross will drop kick the coach and let Tannenbaum stay.

Such is the decision-making we get from Ross.

I would be astounded if the Phins draft a QB in the top four rounds. Or at all upon second thought.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:27 pm

finfanatic wrote:

My thinking is Ross will drop kick the coach and let Tannenbaum stay.

And I guarantee you that the second things start to go downhill, Tannenbaum will get in Ross's ear and do everything he can to throw Gase under the bus. Ross thinks Tannenbaum is a great football mind, so he just may listen.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:18 am

JMP wrote:

And I guarantee you that the second things start to go downhill,......

LMAO.........They haven’t already? I here what you’re saying. Tannebaum has got to be the NFL’s version of witness protection. I mean he FUCKs a team up, goes into hiding then starts to get the urge to get back in the game but old habits die hard. We should nickname him Henry HIll cuz old habits never die.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:42 am

[quote="JMP"]
white1 wrote:Never thought I'd say this, but man I miss Dan Campbell.  He made this team fun again, at least for a few weeks.

The team played lights out for Campbell for all of...6 quarters. Then they reverted right back to the way they'd been playing with Philbin.

I do agree with everyone who says Gase is a goner while the guy who's apparently Ross's BFF stays on through the next coach, and probably the coach after that.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:03 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:
white1 wrote:Never thought I'd say this, but man I miss Dan Campbell.  He made this team fun again, at least for a few weeks.

The team played lights out for Campbell for all of...6 quarters. Then they reverted right back to the way they'd been playing with Philbin.

I do agree with everyone who says Gase is a goner while the guy who's apparently Ross's BFF stays on through the next coach, and probably the coach after that.

I really honestly think that Gase isn't gone until Tannebaum has to take the blame for something. by that time Tannebaum is gone as well.

my new mock draft:
no trades:
Round 1 Pick 11:  Smith, Roquan, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 10:  Goedert, Dallas, TE, South Dakota State (A)
Round 3 Pick 9:  Chubb, Nick, RB, Georgia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23:  Smith, TreQuan, WR, Central Florida (A+)
Round 4 Pick 30:  Falk, Luke, QB, Washington State (A)
Round 7 Pick 5:  Facyson, Brandon, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 7 Pick 11:  Trumbetti, Andrew, DE, Notre Dame (A)

trades:
Round 1 Pick 19 (DAL):  Edmunds, Tremaine, OLB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 2 Pick 10:  Hernandez, Will, OG, Texas-El Paso (A)
Round 2 Pick 18 (DAL):  Goedert, Dallas, TE, South Dakota State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 9:  Penny, Rashaad, RB, San Diego State (A)
Round 4 Pick 23:  Falk, Luke, QB, Washington State (A)
Round 5 Pick 6 (S.F.):  Smith, TreQuan, WR, Central Florida (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10 (S.F.):  Cox, Josh, FS, Central Michigan (B+)
Round 7 Pick 5:  Dion Hamilton, Shaun, ILB, Alabama (A-)

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:05 am

Chubb in the 3rd and Falk in round 4? Hell yes!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:33 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

But it was a fun and exciting 6 quarters! This team has been lifeless and boring for years, even in games they win. Those couple of games under Campbell were interesting and fun, and even though it wasn't sustainable it sure was nice to enjoy watching the Phins for a change. Gase is just like Philbin, but with more ego and more asshole tendencies.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:36 am

rightchea wrote:

my new mock draft:
no trades:
Round 1 Pick 11:  Smith, Roquan, ILB/OLB, Georgia (A)
Round 2 Pick 10:  Goedert, Dallas, TE, South Dakota State (A)
Round 3 Pick 9:  Chubb, Nick, RB, Georgia (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23:  Smith, TreQuan, WR, Central Florida (A+)
Round 4 Pick 30:  Falk, Luke, QB, Washington State (A)
Round 7 Pick 5:  Facyson, Brandon, CB, Virginia Tech (A+)

trades:
Round 1 Pick 19 (DAL):  Edmunds, Tremaine, OLB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 2 Pick 10:  Hernandez, Will, OG, Texas-El Paso (A)
Round 2 Pick 18 (DAL):  Goedert, Dallas, TE, South Dakota State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 9:  Penny, Rashaad, RB, San Diego State (A)
Round 4 Pick 23:  Falk, Luke, QB, Washington State (A)
Round 5 Pick 6 (S.F.):  Smith, TreQuan, WR, Central Florida (A+)
Round 6 Pick 10 (S.F.):  Cox, Josh, FS, Central Michigan (B+)
Round 7 Pick 5:  Dion Hamilton, Shaun, ILB, Alabama (A-)

Any mock that includes Goedert is fine with me. He's becoming my top TE choice for the Phins.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:37 am

JMP wrote:But it was a fun and exciting 6 quarters!  This team has been lifeless and boring for years, even in games they win.  Those couple of games under Campbell were interesting and fun, and even though it wasn't sustainable it sure was nice to enjoy watching the Phins for a change.  Gase is just like Philbin, but with more ego and more asshole tendencies.

Oh I agree, I got all caught up in it too at the time. But just like everything else good that happens to this team, it came and went in the blink of an eye and meant absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. And where is Campbell now? I'm not asking to be a dick, I really have no idea. He doesn't seem to be any closer to being a "real" head coach now than he was three years ago.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:42 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:But it was a fun and exciting 6 quarters!  This team has been lifeless and boring for years, even in games they win.  Those couple of games under Campbell were interesting and fun, and even though it wasn't sustainable it sure was nice to enjoy watching the Phins for a change.  Gase is just like Philbin, but with more ego and more asshole tendencies.

Oh I agree, I got all caught up in it too at the time. But just like everything else good that happens to this team, it came and went in the blink of an eye and meant absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. And where is Campbell now? I'm not asking to be a dick, I really have no idea. He doesn't seem to be any closer to being a "real" head coach now than he was three years ago.

Campbell has been an assistant head coach/TEs coach for the Saints since leaving the Phins. I have a friend who is a big Saints fan, and he told me that supposedly Campbell is being groomed to be the next HC when Payton is done - but I don't know how true that is.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:21 pm

I like Roquan Smith. He plays mighty mean.

Hard to believe Chubb could last until he 3rd, but he is ranked as the 4th-5th best RB I saw a while back?

I have always liked Ralph Webb from Vanderbilt, but he is a bit light for every down back. Like Drake I think?

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:41 pm

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:

Campbell has been an assistant head coach/TEs coach for the Saints since leaving the Phins.  I have a friend who is a big Saints fan, and he told me that supposedly Campbell is being groomed to be the next HC when Payton is done - but I don't know how true that is.

It's 100 percent true, but even so, those things rarely come to pass.  He'll be a head coach somewhere though, as soon as people start valuing coaches who are men again, and not these sissy cunts like Philbin and Gase.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down