The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UPDATE: Phins sign QB Brock Osweiler

+6
mercury22nathan
Degarmo
HalCHorn
scotgif
rightchea
JMP
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

UPDATE: Phins sign QB Brock Osweiler Empty UPDATE: Phins sign QB Brock Osweiler

Post by JMP Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:23 pm

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-brock-osweiler-20180322-story.html

The Miami Dolphins are shopping around for a veteran quarterback to serve as Ryan Tannehill’s backup, and it appears coach Adam Gase has interest in reuniting with one of the quarterbacks he coached in Denver.

Brock Osweiler, an unrestricted free agent who has started 25 games for the Denver Broncos and Houston Texans the past three seasons, will reportedly visit the Dolphins this weekend, according to SiriusXM.

Osweiler’s 72.5 passer rating last season was well below his career passing rating of 76.5, which explains why Denver signed Case Keenum and doesn’t intend to re-sign Osweiler. The benefit of Miami signing this six-year veteran is he’s already familiar with Gase’s offense, and is still young enough (27) to be viewed as a developmental quarterback.

The Dolphins are shopping for a veteran quarterback to serve as Tannehill’s backup because the team doesn’t intend on re-signing Matt Moore, who has been with the Dolphins since 2011.

UGH.  Gase is obsessed with his former crappy players and coaches.

Last edited by JMP on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Phins sign QB Brock Osweiler Empty Re: UPDATE: Phins sign QB Brock Osweiler

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Gase and Tannebaum are preparing themselves to be fired and leaving Miami in some shit

rightchea

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: Phins sign QB Brock Osweiler Empty Re: UPDATE: Phins sign QB Brock Osweiler

Post by JMP Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:30 pm

The benefit of Miami signing this six-year veteran is he’s already familiar with Gase’s offense

I love this...just like Jay Cutler and Julius Thomas, right? Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:09 pm

I think I would prefer jay cutler over this bum. Not really, but you get the point.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:17 pm

There's worse backups than Osweiler, but I'd rather draft a QB with true starter potential. Jackson and Rudolph have that and should be possibilities for us in round 2. If we sign Osweiler, you can forget about drafting a QB. And if Osweiler couldn't make it happen in Denver or Houston, it ain't happening here.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:31 am

HalCHorn wrote:There's worse backups than Osweiler, but I'd rather draft a QB with true starter potential. Jackson and Rudolph have that and should be possibilities for us in round 2. If we sign Osweiler, you can forget about drafting a QB. And if Osweiler couldn't make it happen in Denver or Houston, it ain't happening here.

I say both are late first round picks. miami trade up with the bills and get an extra pick so they can fill some holes. Miami has to play on the fact that Mayfield is going to him and I would even go as far as posting his best throws from games, pro day and combine so people think it will happen to make the Bills more eager to get him.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:40 am

I like the part where they pretend he can still be developed.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:15 am

wait a minute. this is the team that didn't trust Matt Moore to be the starter after Tannehill went down and made the panic signing of Cutler (a Gase guy) and now they'd be okay with Osweiler as the insurance policy?

Brock? he of the 31 TD to 27 int ratio? he of the career sub-60 completion percentage? he of the guy that wasn't even good enough to make Cleveland's roster even after a trade and it costing them $15M+ dead cap money? this is the guy that is good enough to be Tannehill's backup coming off major knee surgery?

oh shit!

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:04 pm

Must be a good "locker room guy".
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:33 pm

scotgif wrote:Must be a good "locker room guy".

Might want to ask Bill O'Brien about that.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:21 pm

They could draft better. IF they are trying to make a decent team, I don't understand their thought process. But if they are deliberately trying to ruin the team and keep it in ruin, then it makes complete sense to me.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:32 pm

Degarmo wrote:They could draft better.  IF they are trying to make a decent team, I don't understand their thought process.  But if they are deliberately trying to ruin the team and keep it in ruin, then it makes complete sense to me.

We both know they are, and we both know why.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:55 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:They could draft better.  IF they are trying to make a decent team, I don't understand their thought process.  But if they are deliberately trying to ruin the team and keep it in ruin, then it makes complete sense to me.

We both know they are, and we both know why.

Mm hmm, yes, sir, we do.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:51 pm

Someone please tell me this off season is a joke and they a really planning on dumping 2018 for the #1 draft pick in 2019 to get a QB. Every team is trying to get better and build for the future and Miami is gathering their castoffs for cheap salaries.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:13 pm

JEGnj wrote:Someone please tell me this off season is a joke and they a really planning on dumping 2018 for the #1 draft pick in 2019 to get a QB. Every team is trying to get better and build for the future and Miami is gathering their castoffs for cheap salaries.

I've seen this shit before with the Florida Panthers in hockey (before they decided to get a real owner and GM). They go for "competitive". It's like they're a tax write off for a corporation. They have to make it look like they're trying, but not actually succeed.

My only fear is they will be successful at hitting their ceiling, which will be 9 wins. Note: ceiling is not indicative of actual performance as a more-realistic number will be in the 4-6 win category.

We all know what championship teams look like. We're not close, not even remotely close.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:04 pm

JEGnj wrote:Someone please tell me this off season is a joke and they a really planning on dumping 2018 for the #1 draft pick in 2019 to get a QB. Every team is trying to get better and build for the future and Miami is gathering their castoffs for cheap salaries.

Every other NFL team certainly thinks it's a joke.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:32 pm

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Gase and Tannebaum must hate Miami and tryimg to make sure Miami dont get to another playoff

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:45 pm

Just a brutal signing. Total waste of time. Gase just can't help himself...he loves picking up trash.

First Cutler and now Osweiler...I better not hear "QB guru" associated with Gase ever again. He's a total fraud.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:46 am

Great. We signed a 47 year old running back and Herman Munster to play QB next time Tanny gets hurt. The culture change is complete.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:06 pm

There has to be something in the front office head that says this doesn't make sense. I mean come on Osweiler and Frank Gore. There something very wrong here.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:52 am

rightchea wrote:There has to be something in the front office head that says this doesn't make sense. I mean come on Osweiler and Frank Gore. There something very wrong here.

It's their philosophy: fill every hole with free agents, and then draft backups and role players. And we wonder why this team has no identity and struggles year after year.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:45 am

JMP wrote:I better not hear "QB guru" associated with Gase ever again.

sorry, but i must...

Brock Osweiler had the sixth-lowest passing rating of quarterbacks who threw at least 150 passes last season at 72.5.

He has 20 touchdowns, 21 interceptions during his past two seasons.

But the Dolphins believe they can make him better, because of Adam Gase’s acumen with quarterbacks.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article206587039.html

but here's the kicker...

Osweiler, 27, completed 61.8 percent of his passes for nearly 2,000 yards, 10 touchdowns and 6 interceptions as Peyton Manning’s backup in 2015. Osweiler helped keep the Broncos afloat when Manning got hurt, and has a Super Bowl ring to show for it.

While Gase was gone from Denver by that point, the two men had worked together for the previous three seasons.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article206610449.html

his supposed best season - Gase had nothing to do with it.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:01 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:I better not hear "QB guru" associated with Gase ever again.

sorry, but i must...

Brock Osweiler had the sixth-lowest passing rating of quarterbacks who threw at least 150 passes last season at 72.5.

He has 20 touchdowns, 21 interceptions during his past two seasons.

But the Dolphins believe they can make him better, because of Adam Gase’s acumen with quarterbacks.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article206587039.html

but here's the kicker...

Osweiler, 27, completed 61.8 percent of his passes for nearly 2,000 yards, 10 touchdowns and 6 interceptions as Peyton Manning’s backup in 2015. Osweiler helped keep the Broncos afloat when Manning got hurt, and has a Super Bowl ring to show for it.

While Gase was gone from Denver by that point, the two men had worked together for the previous three seasons.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article206610449.html

his supposed best season - Gase had nothing to do with it.

Thanks, merc. This is pure comedy gold! Always great to start Monday with a laugh! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:06 am

Well, John Elway was willing to go up to 16 mill or so for Osweiler, so....

Still...I agree, whatever FORMULA...PLAN...DESIGN....SCHEME....SCENARIO...what ever the heck it is....the Phins are following in the off season(s)....somebody needs to step in with a large and solid whiffle ball bat and beat some sense into them...him...her...whomever is in charge!!!

Osweiler or Matt Moore? Who cares? As long Team-Killer Cutler is gone I am good.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next