The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saw something unexpected today.

+2
JMP
finskev
6 posters

Go down

Saw something unexpected today. Empty Saw something unexpected today.

Post by finskev Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Was at a Mall in Myrtle beach SC today , Went into a store called Lids beyond Caps and off to Right was Three rows of Football jerseys of players in the movies like Gump #44 and than I saw #5 Finkle and just chuckled and the guy at the register said it was one of there highest selling jerseys they have. Just thought it was Cool so I passed it along and You can order it off the Lids website.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Saw something unexpected today. Empty Re: Saw something unexpected today.

Post by JMP Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:29 pm

That's hilarious...amazing how that character is still so popular all these years later!

The Phins could really use Ray Finkle right about now... geek

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:52 pm

Laces out you bastard.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:46 am

Haha!

I LOVE the Finkle jersey. I saw someone wearing it last year when I was at the Falcons game here in Atlanta.

I may have to go totally overboard for my Minnesota trip. I'm thinking of doing a custom NFL throwback jersey with Finkle and the number 5. Just like the Lids jersey, only real quality stuff.

The great thing about it is you don't have to worry the player you choose takes a nose dive or only stays with the team a few years (my cousin got me a chinese knockoff Wallace jersey years ago, which is really nice, but I probably would not wear that to a game).

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:04 am

That's great, white!  Go all in on Finkle!  Very Happy

I have a Chinese knockoff Tannehill jersey.  It sat in the closet all last year, but now that he's healthy I suppose I'll break it out again for gamedays.  Sad that there's really no current Dolphin I'd want a jersey of...

Last edited by JMP on Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:08 am

I have a Chinese knockoff Tannehill jersey. It sat in the closet all last year, but now that he's healthy I suppose I'll break it out again for gamedays. Sad that there's really no current Dolphin I'd want a jersey of...

Yeah, good point. If I HAD to choose I would probably say Wake. I love the fact he came from the CFL, defied the odds and father time and performed at a high level for so long. It's a shame we wasted his prime years with such a lackluster squad, GM and coaches.

You could always go with a timeless player like Marino, Thomas or Taylor, but those are so common. For me, yeah, it's gotta be Finkle.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:20 am

I wore my Zach jersey a bunch of times last season...felt good to wear that and remember those days - when we weren't good enough, but at least we had hope!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:09 am

with all this uniform talk, its nice to know the Phins will wear their throwbacks in back-to-back games.

The Miami Dolphins throwback uniforms, which are beloved by fans, will be worn twice this season at Hard Rock Stadium — Dec. 2 against Buffalo and Dec. 9 against New England.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-home-jerseys-20180807-story.html

its nice that they are reserving them for divisional games, but that late in the season - lets just hope those games aren't meaningless by that point.

i get the conundrum amount current player jerseys.  i've refused to buy Phins gear (since 2010) until they have back-to-back playoff appearances with at least one playoff win.  i've been tempted, but thus far have resisted.  but i guess if i were to be forced to buy a current (young) player, i'd probably go X. Howard in hopes that he sustains his upward trend (although i would never actually do it because me buying his jersey would be the kiss of death for his career Very Happy  )

i typically go RB's or WR's, but DB's occasionally.  on a side note, i prefer my WR's numbered in the 80's (Clayton, Duper, Chambers, Fryor, etc.)  i thought the teen-numbered WR's were okay as one-offs (and for Lance Alworth), but now that loads of them are in the teens, it lost its appeal.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:02 pm

TE and MLB have always been my favorite positions, although I've never owned a Dolphins TE jersey. The jerseys I had were Marino, Zach, Ricky Williams, Ted Ginn and Tannehill. I gave the Williams jersey to Goodwill after he became The Quitter, and I sold the Ginn jersey on eBay!

I'm hoping that a Gesicki jersey will be worthwhile...but I'm not buying it just yet...

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to want a McMillan jersey...not seeing him as a future star MLB at all.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:13 pm

white1 wrote:Yeah, good point. If I HAD to choose I would probably say Wake.  I love the fact he came from the CFL, defied the odds and father time and performed at a high level for so long. It's a shame we wasted his prime years with such a lackluster squad, GM and coaches.

Wake's been my favorite Fin since at least 2010, taking over the title from Welker, who took over from Zach. Ironically, this is why I was calling for the Fins to trade him for years, because he deserves to be on an actual contender. Of course the time for trading has long since passed because it's this team we're talking about.

JMP wrote:I wore my Zach jersey a bunch of times last season...felt good to wear that and remember those days - when we weren't good enough, but at least we had hope!

Those teams were fringe contenders at best, yet they look like the current Pats compared to the Fins of this century Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Those teams were fringe contenders at best, yet they look like the current Pats compared to the Fins of this century Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

The absolute worse thing about those teams was the invariable let down from what looked like a good season. I keep remembering the 5-2 Fins getting an epic beatdown on MNF I think to the hands of the Jags. It's like we weren't even on the field.

Then I went to an Atlanta game and once again, total curb stomp.

The more things change I guess....
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:20 pm

Fringe contenders, yes...but at least we were in the playoff hunt almost every season, and it often felt like we had a legit chance (at least early in the season, as white points out). I've said it before, but those 90's teams were my glory years as a Dolfan. Sad but true. It's been absolute crap ever since.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:50 pm

JMP wrote:Fringe contenders, yes...but at least we were in the playoff hunt almost every season, and it often felt like we had a legit chance (at least early in the season, as white points out).  I've said it before, but those 90's teams were my glory years as a Dolfan.  Sad but true.  It's been absolute crap ever since.

Wait...what?!?! Were you not a DolFan in the early 80s, the Silver Age when they had the NFL's best regular season winning percentage from '82-85 and reached two Super Bowls and another AFC title game (and it honestly should've been even better than that)? Shocked Shocked Shocked I just assumed everybody here was a fan during that time. Believe it or not, I was the biggest Fins homer back then. No, really. I'm not making this up. I always just *knew* everything would be okay even when they went through rough patches like the first 5 games of '83 or midseason of '85. Wheever the Fins lost, in my mind it was always because the other team got lucky, or the Fins were just flat that day. Then again, I was only 9-12 Laughing And then the '86 opener happened, and from that point on the Potentate Of Pessimism was born.

Not that there's anything wrong with the '90s in general, mind you Smile In many ways they were my personal glory years, when pretty much everything seemed better than it is now.

And to tie this thread together in one big bow, anyone remember that in the Ace Ventura movie, it was actually kinda sorta believable that the Dolphins could be in a Super Bowl at some point in the near future? Not sure what they were thinking having the Eagles in there though Laughing Laughing Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:19 pm

I've been a fan since I was 4. I still have my Csonka jersey here Smile.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:23 pm

I've been a Dolfan forever, but I didn't become a hardcore fan till 1990, when I was 18 and finally able to get into bars to watch the Phins every week. Before that, I was only able to watch a couple of games a year, and with no internet or NFL Network, I had to rely on (always late) copies of Dolphin Digest to get any news. It was difficult to really get into it and keep track of what was going on. Of course I saw Marino play many times in the 80s, both regular season and playoffs, but following the team from a distance just isn't the same as being deeply involved. So, even though I was a fan long before that, that's why I view the 90s as my Dolphin glory years. I was more of a bystander for the great Marino teams.

And, my first player shirt was a Duper 3/4 sleeve t-shirt. I used to wear that thing every day, till it literally became too worn and full of holes to wear!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down