The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAME THOUGHTS!!! GAME THOUGHTS!!!

+2
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

GAME THOUGHTS!!! GAME THOUGHTS!!! Empty GAME THOUGHTS!!! GAME THOUGHTS!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:36 pm

I cannot WAIT to read what Jmp has to say about this one!!! It seems like a whole lot of crazy stuff happened.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

GAME THOUGHTS!!! GAME THOUGHTS!!! Empty Re: GAME THOUGHTS!!! GAME THOUGHTS!!!

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:45 pm

Tannehill looked like an NFL QB. If he continues this I will support him!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:48 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Tannehill looked like an NFL QB.

That would definitely fall under the "crazy stuff" category Laughing Shocked

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:13 pm

Jakeem Grant is turning into a real weapon!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:10 pm

it seems that Gase is doing something right for a change. Tannehill looks like a QB and Wilson looks like a good pickup so far. Stills is turning into a real weapon

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:24 pm

I'm happy they got by the shitty Raiders, but I'm still very reserved as they just finished a 3-game tear against three god-awful teams.

Don't get me wrong, they did what they were supposed to do, which is beat the bad teams, and that's a vast improvement over past years. I hope they can keep it up, but my gut tells me to be cautious. That may also be the pizza I had for dinner though.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:06 am

Degarmo wrote:I'm happy they got by the shitty Raiders, but I'm still very reserved as they just finished a 3-game tear against three god-awful teams.

The Vikings just lost to the shitty Bills, and then the Pats lost to the shitty Lions. Hell, even the shitty Cardinals almost won, and the shitty Browns did. Any favorite that actually won this week should be damn proud of it.

Also, there's this little gem I just found out about. The Raiders are now the second team in NFL history to be leading at halftime in their first three games ... and end up at 0-3.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:23 am

I would be more enthusiastic after miami beats the Pat's but at the moment just taking it game by game

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:52 am

Miami had no running game. Tannehill was on target throwing his receivers into the opening. The defense made adjustments that allowed us to stay in the game. Most importantly we didn’t collapse after being down. This game felt like Miami grew a little.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:05 am

against three god-awful teams

Way too early to call our opponents "God Awful". Titans just beat a red-hot Jags team (who manhandled the Pats last week).

Too early to see how the Jets will turn out, but they beat the Lions handily, who also turned around and beat the Pats last night.

Don't worry too much. Enjoy the ride.

Tannehill is playing well, defense seems sound, and X Howard is turning into an outstanding cover corner.

I LOVE the revamped receiver corps. Speed, speed and more speed. Speed kills. Landry who?
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:09 pm

I have to agree. Landry is good but he not fast.

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:06 pm

white1 wrote:
against three god-awful teams

Way too early to call our opponents "God Awful".  Titans just beat a red-hot Jags team (who manhandled the Pats last week).  

Too early to see how the Jets will turn out, but they beat the Lions handily, who also turned around and beat the Pats last night.

Don't worry too much.  Enjoy the ride.  

Tannehill is playing well, defense seems sound, and X Howard is turning into an outstanding cover corner.  

I LOVE the revamped receiver corps.  Speed, speed and more speed.  Speed kills.  Landry who?

I think it's safe to say that our opponents so far have been godawful. The Titans are a disaster, and I don't care if they just won a game 9-6...that team is BAD. The Jets have a rookie QB that is not yet ready for prime time, and they are going to lose a lot of games. The Raiders are one of the worst teams in football, with no defense and horrible coaching.

Not taking anything away from the Phins, because a win is a win, but they struggled to beat all of those bad teams.

I don't like our receiving corps. I really don't like small receivers, and I don't like gimmicky plays. Speed is nice, but gimmick plays are only going to get you so far. Landry may not be fast, but he's better than every receiver the Phins have, and it's not close. We could sure as hell use a reliable third down target like Landry, especially if we had a playcaller that knew how to use him. The biggest issue with the passing game is that it is wildly inconsistent. They look like garbage for 3-4 drives, then have a great drive, then look terrible, then run a trick play for big yardage...etc, etc. There's no continuity and the gameplan seems like it's being made up on the fly.

So yes, enjoy the ride - but realize that this team has not played great football despite the 3-0 start. If we can beat the struggling pats in New England, it would mean a lot. Even though the Pats are hot garbage right now, beating the perennial AFC East champ on their home turf would be a statement win and put the Phins in great position, warts and all. So, we'll see. I'm happy with the results, but very unimpressed with how we've gotten there.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Um, the Pats just lost to a team that lost to the Jets by 30. And also lost to the team that the Titans beat 9-6. Just sayin' Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:30 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Um, the Pats just lost to a team that lost to the Jets by 30. And also lost to the team that the Titans beat 9-6. Just sayin' Cool

Which is why I said the Pats are hot garbage! But even with that, they are still considered the team to beat in the East and they win the divison every damn year. Beating them in New England, even though they stink right now, would be a HUGE statement win for the Phins regardless of the circumstances. The Pats could very well become a juggernaut when they get healthy on D and get Edelman back, but while they're playing poorly we need to take 'em out.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Even last year most Pats fans I saw were willing to admit they had their weakest roster in ages. The wheels are falling off, and it's about damn time. Remember, this is a team that trailed the Jags by 10 at home in the 4th in the AFC title game, had to come from 25 down to win a SB the season before, and needed possibly the worst single play call in NFL history to win another before that. It's only absurd luck that's kept them on top this long.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:27 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Even last year most Pats fans I saw were willing to admit they had their weakest roster in ages. The wheels are falling off, and it's about damn time. Remember, this is a team that trailed the Jags by 10 at home in the 4th in the AFC title game, had to come from 25 down to win a SB the season before, and needed possibly the worst single play call in NFL history to win another before that. It's only absurd luck that's kept them on top this long.

I like the fact that we're looking for failure by highlighting how they only barely won a Championship game and a Super Bowl, both by coming back to win, one historically so.

That's a real R-O-F-L moment for me Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:31 pm

I'm happy we're 3-0. Seriously, I am, fist pumps and everything. This team isn't built for adversity though. We're incredibly thin in some areas, and a key injury here or there could equal a whole bunch of losses. Yes, you can say that every year, but the more areas you're thin at, the more chance you have to not do anything of merit.

I feel like they're a fragile team. I hope they can keep winning, and I'll be happier than a pig in slop if they do, particularly this week against the Pats. I don't feel like the Pats are just going to go gentle into that good night though, and the Phins better go up there expecting a war.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down