The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least It's A New Way To Lose, Right?

+3
white1
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
7 posters

Go down

At Least It's A New Way To Lose, Right?  Empty At Least It's A New Way To Lose, Right?

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm

Just the 8th loss in Fins history after leading by 17 or more.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/blown_leads.htm

Also, just the 4th time in the now 37-game Gase era the Fins led by 17 or more at any point in any game.

I guess it beats getting curbstomped the whole game, so at least that's progress of a sort. Then again you can argue allowing one's opponent to go on a 27-0 run *is* curbstomping.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

At Least It's A New Way To Lose, Right?  Empty Re: At Least It's A New Way To Lose, Right?

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:43 pm

Also, they somehow lost by 10 despite the D giving up just 13 points and a special teams TD. That's just...well, it takes a truly special kind of badness. SMH.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

At Least It's A New Way To Lose, Right?  Empty Re: At Least It's A New Way To Lose, Right?

Post by CarsonChris Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:37 am

The D gave up 13 but the offense only scored 10.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:07 am

Offense is right on track. To score at the bottom of the league. Again. In year 3.

If this keeps up, it's a certainty. This regime won't survive the 2018 season.

I'm actually shocked Burke has the defense playing as well as it is. Won't matter with this toothless offense.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:27 pm

Definitely seems to be something wrong with the offense?

Tannehill has been inconsistent before, but the dude was like 8-1 in his last 9 games at one point (I think I heard?)

What ha'happened was...see...he..had...he..uh...

SIGH

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:30 pm

It really is this simple and now I’m back tracking.

The offensive line with two starters out for season is awful. Can’t run can’t pass block. On strip sack they called eight man protection and were beaten immediately.

Roster problems. That’s drafting and that’s Grier and Tannenbaum.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:55 pm

white1 wrote:It really is this simple and now I’m back tracking.

The offensive line with two starters out for season is awful. Can’t run can’t pass block. On strip sack they called eight man protection and were beaten immediately.

Roster problems. That’s drafting and that’s Grier and Tannenbaum.

This is the main reason I felt before the season started that we were not going to be any good. We had a mediocre line at best with everyone healthy. Factor in a couple injuries that always seem to happen with our lack of depth, and the season is over.

Now, it happened, and we stink.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:10 am

The FO should have had capable replacements ready to plug in when called upon. This is a direct result of piss-poor drafting for the last many years. This is where your 3-5th rd picks come in. You get capable starters and quality depth on the OL in this range.

Any fool can "hit" on a number one top draft pick lineman. The good GM's get the diamonds in the rough in those middle rounds to be the core of your OL. Prime example: Iassic Asiata. He should have been able to step in to cover one of the interior spots. Instead, he can barely make the PS and not get promoted at that.

This team will not win until the entire FO and coaching staff is replaced by capable, smart, football men. But, our illustrious owner will probably hand out extensions like it is going out of style and subject the fanbase to more of the same old same old.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:27 am

Poor drafting has killed this team for so many years. They can't draft O-linemen worth a damn at all, and have to rely on undrafted free agents and journeymen veterans. It's a disaster.

That disaster is magnified by Ryan Tannehill, who 7 years in still plays with his head up his ass half the time. He can't read pressure pre-snap, and he has no idea what to do when the pressure comes. That ridiculous blind throw into the line that led to the first TD he gave to the Bengals was something you see a little kid do in the Pee Wee leagues...not something you expect from a 7 year veteran. We wanted to see what Tannehill was once and for all this season - and we found out. He can play well against bad teams, but always folds under adversity against good teams. As I said in my game thoughts, he is simply not a winner...and if he's not a winner, that makes him a LOSER. I want him and Gase as far away from the Dolphins as possible. Enough is enough.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:21 pm

Ya' know...this does not bode well for the Bears game.

Very Happy

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down