The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gase Is Desperate

+7
JMP
CarsonChris
Degarmo
rightchea
scotgif
Umix10
DolFan 316
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gase Is Desperate  Empty Gase Is Desperate

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:35 pm

He's actually going to trot out Tannehill against the Colts, whether he's ready or not. This is actually a thing.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/11/dolphins-qb-ryan-tannehill-to-start-vs-colts

You don't have to be the Potentate Of Pessimism to see this isn't going to end well.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Gase Is Desperate  Empty Re: Gase Is Desperate

Post by Umix10 Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:49 pm

Again the misuse of Tannehill further indicates that lack of experience. Fales although its not the right move for Gase career wise, would have been a better glimpse of the next off season. Especially at QB
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:05 pm

Can't you just see it now? The excuses are already written. Tanny got hurt just when he was rolling (cough 3-2 cough), "Most of the receiving core is hurt, 3 starters out on the OL, Tanny just didn't have enough protection or weapons to be effective, he was a warrior and came back and tried to play through the injury, but he was just not 100%. Let's get him healthy, get him some offensive weapons, fix the OL and we will see the offense we thought we would have".
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:39 pm

that the exact excuse he is using, but you see all the teams that are above .500 aren't having the same injury issues as Miami

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:50 pm

Ah, he's trying to Shanahan him like RGIII. Then he can have the excuse of wanting his "own" QB to try and buy 2 more years of a contract.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:35 pm

What’s the over under on a coaching extension right now?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Playing Tannehill is just like fucking an ex wife. You did it for years, it’s good sometimes but you know there’s something better out there. Time to move on!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:12 pm

CarsonChris wrote:What’s the over under on a coaching extension right now?

The funny thing is, an extension is the only way to guarantee Gase will be fired next year. Just like Sparano and Philbin the year after they were extended.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:46 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:What’s the over under on a coaching extension right now?

The funny thing is, an extension is the only way to guarantee Gase will be fired next year. Just like Sparano and Philbin the year after they were extended.

Will Ross actually fire someone in a season when they should be fired?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:25 am

I don't think he will, no. If he really, really cared about winning championships, he would have conducted himself differently.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:18 am

I'm all for Tannehill coming back. At this point, if he aggravates the injury, who really cares? He's not going to be in Miami after 2019 anyway.

I don't think I can stand another down of Osweiler ball. We're going to get crushed by the Colts regardless, but now maybe now the score will be 34-13 instead of 34-9.

But yes - there is no doubt that Gase is trying to save his ass by throwing Tannehill in before he's ready.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:10 am

I keep seeing Rodney Dangerfield in Caddy Shack every time I think of Tannehill’s injury! Ouch my arm

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:13 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I keep seeing Rodney Dangerfield in Caddy Shack every time I think of Tannehill’s injury! Ouch my arm

lol!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:35 pm

JMP wrote:I don't think I can stand another down of Osweiler ball.  We're going to get crushed by the Colts regardless, but now maybe now the score will be 34-13 instead of 34-9.

You really think this D will hold the Colts to 34??? Shocked You're more of an optimist than you let on Razz

I suppose finally scoring a TD again will be worth the end of Tannehill's Dolphin career  before getting reduced to permanent backuphood like so many failed first round QBs before him. Any more games without finding the end zone will send me scurrying to PFR to see if the Fins have set a franchise record for longest time without a TD.

I wouldn't even be surprised if this score was as bad or worse than the infamous 41-0 beatdown of '97.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:18 pm

This team is so frustrating that this is the game that they put it all together and make Andrew Luck look lost. I see it happening. They frustrate the colts so bad that Ross gives Gase an extension. That’s exactly how this team seems to fuck up their own shit!!!!
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:37 pm

The latest report is that Tannehill was limited today because his arm is sore from throwing yesterday. This is not going to end well...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:50 pm

JMP wrote:The latest report is that Tannehill was limited today because his arm is sore from throwing yesterday. This is not going to end well...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zkvmnLgrd-Q

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:59 am

My ffl opponent is starting Tannehill. Count on four touchdowns. I’m so snake bit in this particular league it’s getting scary. Paranormal level bad luck.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:53 am

white1 wrote:My ffl opponent is starting Tannehill. Count on four touchdowns. I’m so snake bit in this particular league it’s getting scary. Paranormal level bad luck.

Well that's it then, Fins win and Gase gets an extension immediately afterwards. It is written in stone.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:45 pm

Ross usually gives out the contract extension when there's no reason for it whatsoever. Like Sparano getting extended after consecutive sub-.500 seasons, or Philbin getting extended for a 2 point win that followed back to back blowout losses to actual playoff teams (and in the midst of a fourth consecutive non-winning season). So I wouldn't expect the contract extension until we drop 3 of the next 4 (maybe beating the Bills at home), then pulling off a butt-ugly 1 or 2 point win over the Jaguars that pulls us to 7-8, impressing Ross with the improvement over last year's record "in spite of all these injuries".

That's my prediction, anyway. Then after the extension, we will lose to the lowly Bills in the finale.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:58 pm

So sad that Ross is one of those bosses that doesn't make any sense but yet he still is running the company. How does your team miss the playoffs and have the most injuries in the league but you are not concerned with what happening in your front office.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:32 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Ross usually gives out the contract extension when there's no reason for it whatsoever.  Like Sparano getting extended after consecutive sub-.500 seasons, or Philbin getting extended for a 2 point win that followed back to back blowout losses to actual playoff teams (and in the midst of a fourth consecutive non-winning season).  So I wouldn't expect the contract extension until we drop 3 of the next 4 (maybe beating the Bills at home), then pulling off a butt-ugly 1 or 2 point win over the Jaguars that pulls us to 7-8, impressing Ross with the improvement over last year's record "in spite of all these injuries".

That's my prediction, anyway.  Then after the extension, we will lose to the lowly Bills in the finale.

The lowly Bills suddenly aren't so lowly anymore. They just doubled their season win total the last 2 games.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:53 pm

Gase chokes away victory.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:55 pm

Degarmo wrote:Gase chokes away victory.

He's desperate enough to drag Tannehill back out there, and then he suddenly gets too scared to let him even TRY to get a first down at the end. No sense whatsoever to Gase's thought process. I'm genuinely starting to think he's literally insane.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:56 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
Degarmo wrote:Gase chokes away victory.

He's desperate enough to drag Tannehill back out there, and then he suddenly gets too scared to let him even TRY to get a first down at the end. No sense whatsoever to Gase's thought process. I'm genuinely starting to think he might actually be insane.

I think he's just another moron. The league is full of 'em.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next