The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHERE WERE YOU GUYS...

+3
Degarmo
CarsonChris
DolFan 316
7 posters

Go down

WHERE WERE YOU GUYS... Empty WHERE WERE YOU GUYS...

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:44 pm

When the single greatest, most awesome play in the history of human sports occurred?

I was asleep Laughing Probably for the best, since if I'd actually witnessed it I might not be alive to make this post!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

WHERE WERE YOU GUYS... Empty Re: WHERE WERE YOU GUYS...

Post by CarsonChris Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:19 pm

I was catching pitching practice for my daughter. Watched up to the two minute warning thinking Pats win. I did pick Miami in fantasy pic-em

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:52 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I was catching pitching practice for my daughter. Watched up to the two minute warning thinking Pats win. I did pick Miami in fantasy pic-em

Still tearing it up in softball, eh? My oldest nephew is on the wrestling team now. Never thought I'd see the day Shocked

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:05 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:I was catching pitching practice for my daughter. Watched up to the two minute warning thinking Pats win. I did pick Miami in fantasy pic-em

Still tearing it up in softball, eh? My oldest nephew is on the wrestling team now. Never thought I'd see the day Shocked

My daughter is a phenomenal athlete. She made varsity volleyball as a freshman this year, her second sport. Over the summer she hit 16 homeruns in softball and pitched some amazing games. We are gearing up for high school softball now and she has a college camp coming up. There will be scouts from about 30 colleges. Since she’s young she has two years before a college can sign her.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 pm

You really need to put up some videos. Seriously.

Did she get the athletic chops from dear old dad? Smile

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:51 pm

Did I miss something?

Hmm, I thought I heard a noise Wink

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:11 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:You really need to put up some videos. Seriously.

Did she get the athletic chops from dear old dad? Smile

I think it came from mom’s side. Her grandfather was a PE coach/college tennis player. Mom was a great tennis player. She got the good looks from me though!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:17 am

I was at work and had ESPN Game cast on and just before the Play, I went and said a Prayer asking for some Help to some how, some way win this Game . I went above the Football Gods to the Big Guy for Help on this one. Usually I won't ask for Things like this but since it was against the Patriots decided to go Big Time on them. I have watch the Play well over 50 times by now.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:25 am

finskev wrote:I was at work and had ESPN Game cast on and just before the Play, I went and said a Prayer asking for some Help to some how, some way win this Game . I went above the Football Gods to the Big Guy for Help on this one. Usually I won't ask for Things like this but since it was against the Patriots decided to go Big Time on them. I have watch the Play well over 50 times by now.

cheers Smart thinking, kev - go right to the top. It worked!!!

I watched the game live, and the second it ended I went outiside to hang up Xmas lights and then went to get our tree. I almost shut the TV after the Pats scored their last FG...glad I stuck it out till the end!!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:06 pm

I was watching Colts vs Texans, which my local affiliate thought was the better ratings draw.... (sigh)

Anyway, I kept an eye on the score and saw the Pats were winning with 21 seconds left I think....and then saw the SCORE ALERT flash up and said "Oh Great!, The Pats scored again!!" but then they said Miami had scored and it was final!!!

THIS...is why I don't bet on football games....not only was it a miraculous win...the Phins had to STRUGGLE to beat the Bills, and then hang in there against the Pats???

Anyway the Phins can beat the hated Pats is a good way IMHO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:57 am

I watched the game at a sports bar. Being resigned to the looming defeat, I opted to bolt for the restroom right after the pats kickoff.

All the TV's in the place except one in the corner were on delay. The one in the corner was the live feed, so I say to myself, WTF, lemme just look at the live feed for this last play. I see the pass completed and kinda make my way to the bathroom, leaning just enough to see the lateral to Parker. As I watch Drake get the ball and start upfield, I see gronk out of the corner of my eye (didn't know he was in the game until this moment) kinda stumbling to his left. Then as I say to myself, Holy Shit, he's gonna fuckin score. Are you fuckin shittin me?

But, keep in mind, this is the TV that is on the live feed. The rest of the bar has not seen the play yet on the other TV's. So, I let out a Holy Shit and then in about 2 seconds I hear the bar erupt as they see the Miracle in Miami.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:39 am

Scot, that is a killer story!!!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down