The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vikings Fire OC

+2
white1
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

Vikings Fire OC Empty Vikings Fire OC

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Apparently they didn't even have enough confidence in the guy to go against Burke at home Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2018/12/vikings-fire-oc-john-defilippo

Not sure if this is good or bad for the Fins scratch

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Vikings Fire OC Empty Re: Vikings Fire OC

Post by white1 Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:52 pm

It may help we don’t know the new guy tendencies. Adjustments between series will be key, Burke needs to have some options ready for the curve balls we are likely to see.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Usually when in-season changes like this happen, the team plays better for a week or two.

I don't care who is calling plays for the Vikes...I don't see anyway the Phins can stop Thielen, Diggs and Rudolph.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:09 am

Tall order for sure.

This would be a great time to generate a pass rush. From anywhere. Using anyone. Get to Cousins and force him to throw before he wants to, or get him on the ground and cause a fumble. That's going to be key.

Oh, and don't forget about their running game. Cannot let Cook run wild either.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:49 pm

white1 wrote:Tall order for sure.  

This would be a great time to generate a pass rush.  From anywhere.  Using anyone.  Get to Cousins and force him to throw before he wants to, or get him on the ground and cause a fumble.  That's going to be key.

Oh, and don't forget about their running game.  Cannot let Cook run wild either.

The Vikes' OL is their weak spot offensively, but unfortunately we haven't been able to generate a consistent pass rush against any OL - including the bad ones. Cousins will shred us if he has time to throw, and he's actually one of the league's better passers when under pressure - so it will be a tough assignment regardless.

The Miami D was excellent against the run last week, and if they can keep that up it will certainly help. I just don't trust anything about this team in a big road spot, especially the defense.

I'm anxious to see if the Phins can get off to a fast start offensively like they have the past 3 games - or if we'll go back to the typical sleepwalk effort we saw in the majority of the previous 21 games.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:02 pm

Vikings will set a season high for run attempts, calling it now.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Well it sounds like Tannehill is also dinged up and might not play sunday

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:50 am

Osweiler starts, we lose by 30 points, 21 of those off of pick-6s.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:45 am

Still on my love and light theme for the week BTW. Although that might change after I get through today. Hopefully come 5 PM I'll just be tired and not pissed off.

Also my favorite Youtuber who is a Vikings fan literally just got married, so maybe the Fins will win due to him having enough good things happening for one week, or something.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:18 am

rightchea wrote:Well it sounds like Tannehill is also dinged up and might not play sunday

He has the ankle injury but it doesn't seem serious at all. He'll play Sunday.

On another note: some yardage stats...
The Vikes' D only gives up 323 yards a game (5th in the NFL), so the Dolphins are going to have to take advantage of any red zone opportunities they get. The Phins generally fall flat in yards - just 310.5 yards a game (29th in the NFL) - so we'll need the D to force turnovers to help out. The Vikes also have 38 sacks, so they will absolutely test the weak Miami OL.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:35 pm

Omar sensed some real worry from Gase in his latest press conference. Film study also revealed this as a bad matchup.

We need some of that Miracle juice to get a big W here. Or the season is over.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:49 pm

JMP wrote:

The Vikes' OL is their weak spot offensively, .[/quote]

They've dropped off considerably. From 23rd to 28th in yards per rushing play despite the return of Cook, but the big dropoff is in yards per passing play on offense: 9th last year, 20th this year.

They might miss Sparano a great deal too.

Can't help but think they might have been better off just keeping Bridgewater, because the money committed to Cousins is going to be a hindrance over the next couple of years IMO.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:01 am

HalCHorn wrote:

The Vikes' OL is their weak spot offensively, .

They've dropped off considerably.  From 23rd to 28th in yards per rushing play despite the return of Cook, but the big dropoff is in yards per passing play on offense:  9th last year, 20th this year.

They might miss Sparano a great deal too.

Can't help but think they might have been better off just keeping Bridgewater, because the money committed to Cousins is going to be a hindrance over the next couple of years IMO.[/quote]

With Cousins and that receiving corps, the Vikes should be scoring 30 points a game. It's mind-boggling that they average less than 22 a game. Their lack of a running game is really the only explanation. They only average 85 yards a game, and are 31st in the league in rush attempts - and the team behind them (Falcons) has just one fewer attempt.

So yeah, I think the new OC will try to get a running game going. With Cook finally healthy, they need to start giving him more than the 10 carries he usually gets.

It's a winnable game for the Phins for sure...I just don't see it.

On the QB - I like Cousins more than most people seem to, but given the money I agree that Bridgewater would have made more sense in the long run. I still think he can be a damn good QB when he gets his opportunity.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:06 pm

They just HAD to fire the OC BEFORE this game, didn't they??? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I told you they'd have a season high for rushing attempts. If I could figure this out a week in advance, why couldn't the coaches?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Yep. Magically they decided to stick to the running game and it worked.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Ended up not mattering IMO. Miami was going to lose by double digits no matter what with that kind of non-effort.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down