The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Major changes could be coming to the Dolphins

+6
JMP
scotgif
Umix10
Degarmo
DolFan 316
rightchea
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Major changes could be coming to the Dolphins Empty Major changes could be coming to the Dolphins

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:52 pm

Antwan Stacey wrote:Before Sunday’s game, Pro Football Talk reported that Ross is undecided on whether he will make changes after the season. Sunday’s performance against the Vikings likely did nothing to change Ross’ mind.
At this point, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see Ross make huge changes to both the front office and the Dolphins coaching staff. So that means the trio Mike Tannenbaum, Chris Grier, and Adam Gase could be on the way out. The Dolphins’ brass expected to make the playoffs with Ryan Tannehill returning from injury, but of course, that isn’t going to happen now with two games left to play.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/17/major-changes-could-be-coming-to-the-dolphins/

I really hope this is true. This always sounds like some BS

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Major changes could be coming to the Dolphins Empty Re: Major changes could be coming to the Dolphins

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:55 pm

I don't believe a word of it. Ross's idea of a "major change" has always been to fire one guy and let everyone else stay. He always makes a big show of getting all pissed whenever the Fins lose in humiliating fashion (which is like, every other week) but his actions do nothing but indicate he'd like this current state of affairs to continue indefinitely.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Major changes could be coming to the Dolphins Empty Re: Major changes could be coming to the Dolphins

Post by Degarmo Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:50 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I don't believe a word of it. Ross's idea of a "major change" has always been to fire one guy and let everyone else stay. He always makes a big show of getting all pissed whenever the Fins lose in humiliating fashion (which is like, every other week) but his actions do nothing but indicate he'd like this current state of affairs to continue indefinitely.

Yup, not one single word.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:55 pm

My belief......is what is actually happening!!!! He can say all he wants but at the end of the day nothing is being done. The season has been lost. MHO, start letting go. Let everyone on the bottom of the roster play. I am not saying anything else but let the others who are borderline roster spots play for their lives. Like Fales, and Ballage, and Bolden and Anthony etc. The goal is to dump everything more than $5. Keep the 2nd and maybe 3rd year players. If we suck and move up in the draft the better. I can honestly tell you there is no QB that I would take in the first round. This is the year where we trade back and load up on Interior Lineman. The only way i pick is if i get Raekwon Davis
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:04 pm

I know this is not thought of to be a great "QB Year", BUT SOMEONE out there must have that IT factor, that top-tier talent that you can base your team around. I would not mind a "bridge" to that guy, kind of what KC did with Mahomes an Alex Smith.

Just who that bridge is, who knows? Do you bring in , (just throwing out some possible names) Flaco, Bridgewater, how about McCown with the jests?

The problem is, I do not trust any of these jamokes to pick a QB of the future.

The more I think of it, this entire shitshow needs to be blown up.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:25 pm

I believe if miami get blown out by Jags then there will be chance.

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:56 pm

rightchea wrote:I believe if miami get blown out by Jags then there will be chance.

Sent from Topic'it App

Yep - a loss to the Jags, and Ross will clean house IMO. The only way we lose to the Jags is if the team quits, and if that happens at home I believe Ross will act.

I'm already counting the Bills game as a loss, BTW.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:50 pm

Miami won’t do shit because the dolphins will look like a playoff team against the jags. They’ll play like they should be in the playoffs and then Gase will start Fales against the Bills. This is all to comedic.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Probably fire the maintenance man because they need to fire someone and then give everyone a vote of confidence with a new contract for next year.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:26 pm

There are always possibilities out there at QB. Problem is, the Dolphins just half-ass their way around the position and have for the better part of 19 years now.

Just last off-season, we could have taken Rudolph, or even traded down in the first and taken Jackson AND picked up extra picks. Or, we could have signed Bridgewater. Instead, we went dumpster diving and scooped up Osweiler and Falk.

Outside of 2012, when we did spend a first round pick on a QB (wisely or not, at least it happened) and 2008, when we scooped up Pennington and drafted Henne, it's been similar half-ass efforts.

This coming off-season, Bridgewater will be available again. He's 26 and appears to be healthy. What do you have to lose? While the draft doesn't have several no-brainer picks at the top, there are guys who have a chance to make it: Lock, Grier, Finley, Rypien....again, take a shot or two. Keep taking shots til you connect.

Maybe you keep Tannehill one more year, but it is time to start planning to have someone else ready for 2020. This team has never had any kind of a succession plan (again, outside of the Pennington/Henne plan in 2008, which didn't work out) since....well, when? I'd say about 1993, when we had Mitchell behind Marino.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:29 am

Umix10 wrote:Miami won’t do shit because the dolphins will look like a playoff team against the jags.  They’ll play like they should be in the playoffs and then Gase will start Fales against the Bills.  This is all to comedic.  

The Jags will use the same formula the Vikings did against Miami gain over 300+ yards on the ground alone. Miami is not going to be able to stop the run like always.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:36 am

rightchea wrote:
Umix10 wrote:Miami won’t do shit because the dolphins will look like a playoff team against the jags.  They’ll play like they should be in the playoffs and then Gase will start Fales against the Bills.  This is all to comedic.  

The Jags will use the same formula the Vikings did against Miami gain over 300+ yards on the ground alone. Miami is not going to be able to stop the run like always.

Fournette is banged up and I doubt he'll get many carries. The thing I'm worried about is Cody Kessler. The Dolphins have absolutely SUCKED against QBs that can run, and Kessler had 68 rushing yards last week against the Skins. Kessler is not a QB that scares you with his arm at all, but this Dolphin defense might just let him run wild and that could be a big factor. Regardless, this should be a Dolphins win...probably a low-scoring close game, but a win.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:54 am

I've been thinking about a possible scenario that could happen after the season. We all know that Ross is afraid to make any real change, yet he is not happy about the results on the field. So here's what I think could occur:

Ross instructs Tannenbaum to tell Gase that he has to give up playcalling duties. Gase refuses, and then gets fired as a result.

I really think this could happen. Unfortunately, it means Tannenbaum stays and gains more power - but at least Gase will be out of here. Not the full house-cleaning we need, but I guess it's something...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:59 am

I would HATE that.  

I think I've gone on record but I will say it again.  The only way to stop the power-hungry, fiefdom building, back stabbing culture in the front office is to prove that the leadership lives and dies together.

Keeping Tannenbaum while firing Gase only reinforces negative behavior.  

IF HE IS GOING TO FIRE SOMEBODY - FIRE THEM ALL.

Plus - PLUS - please let's not pretend this is ALL on Gase. The defensive line signings this offeason were HORRIBLE. We had no replacement for Suh when he was released, and we did nothing to address that gap. Our ends are a combination of old, injury prone, over the hill, and draft busts (Harris). He's not a scheme fit. Gesicki has problems that Goedert does not have, yet we had both to choose from and took the wrong guy. Parker - BUST. We took a 2-down linebacker in the second round and we still can't stop the run because he's not good enough. The free agency misadventures and horrible drafting are going to handcuff ANY head coach.

Oh, one more reason this is necessary: If Gase gets the shaft, while Tannenbaum and Grier keep their jobs, what head coach worth his salt will want to apply for this job? Remember a few years ago when we couldn't hire a GM to work here? Imagine that happening except at head coach, arguably the most important job on the team.

Get ready to welcome the assistant special teams coach from Denver.  Our new head coach!

So, Ross needs to realize this team is broken from the top down. The only way to fix it is to sweep them all out. Or, hell give them another year to see what happens. I'd rather see THAT happen than a firing of Gase and Gase only.

Further, I'd rather see GASE stay, and he gets a new boss and new GM to work with. That's fine. They can take one year and see if they want to give him an extension or not, when they start helping to reshape this horrible roster with no identity, no strength to lean on, and precious few building blocks to work with. Oh, and no franchise QB. It's a tall order, but I have no doubt someone like Dorsey could make strides towards all these issues in Year One.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:09 am

white1 wrote:I would HATE that.  

I think I've gone on record but I will say it again.  The only way to stop the power-hungry, fiefdom building, back stabbing culture in the front office is to prove that the leadership lives and dies together.

Keeping Tannenbaum while firing Gase only reinforces negative behavior.  

IF HE IS GOING TO FIRE SOMEBODY - FIRE THEM ALL.

Plus - PLUS - please let's not pretend this is ALL on Gase.  The defensive line signings this offeason were HORRIBLE.  We had no replacement for Suh when he was released, and we did nothing to address that gap.  Our ends are a combination of old, injury prone, over the hill, and draft busts (Harris).  He's not a scheme fit.  Gesicki has problems that Goedert does not have, yet we had both to choose from and took the wrong guy.  Parker - BUST.  We took a 2-down linebacker in the second round and we still can't stop the run because he's not good enough.  The free agency misadventures and horrible drafting are going to handcuff ANY head coach.

Oh, one more reason this is necessary: If Gase gets the shaft, while Tannenbaum and Grier keep their jobs, what head coach worth his salt will want to apply for this job? Remember a few years ago when we couldn't hire a GM to work here? Imagine that happening except at head coach, arguably the most important job on the team.

Get ready to welcome the assistant special teams coach from Denver.  Our new head coach!

So, Ross needs to realize this team is broken from the top down.  The only way to fix it is to sweep them all out.  Or, hell give them another year to see what happens.  I'd rather see THAT happen than a firing of Gase and Gase only.

Further, I'd rather see GASE stay, and he gets a new boss and new GM to work with.  That's fine.  They can take one year and see if they want to give him an extension or not, when they start helping to reshape this horrible roster with no identity, no strength to lean on, and precious few building blocks to work with.  Oh, and no franchise QB.  It's a tall order, but I have no doubt someone like Dorsey could make strides towards all these issues in Year One.

I agree with most of this 1000%...especially the part I bolded - but I don't want Gase back under any circumstances. But like you said in another post, unless it's Harbaugh I don't think Ross will clean house. If he does anything, it'll just be a half-assed move that doesn't address all the issues with this team. But yeah, I could absolutely see Gase stubbornly refusing to give up play-calling and then getting canned while Tannenbaum stays. UGH.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:12 am

But yeah, I could absolutely see Gase stubbornly refusing to give up play-calling and then getting canned while Tannenbaum stays. UGH.

I agree and that's a nightmare scenario for me. I thought Ross may have changed when he finally fixed the reporting structure and talked about all of them being in this together.

A move like this would just prove he's the same, broken owner. Desperately trying to do things to "fix" the team but having no clue how to actually do it.

I will say this. Armando posted a video of Ross leaving the Vikings stadium, and I did not recognize ANYONE walking with him. No Marino, no Tannenbaum, Grier wasn't there (I think he wasn't). Is it possible he is talking to someone else, and getting their advice on what to do?

I can only hope it's a real football mind he's speaking with if this is the case - Jimmy Johnson, Parcells, or Wolf somebody like that...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:58 pm

White1 officially wins the thread cheers cheers cheers

That being said, I share Jmp's lust for blood. There's simply no fucking way all three of the Terrible Triumverate should stay on. But for all Gase's faults, he's been a .500 coach with a .250 roster. That doesn't make him great or even worth keeping around but it does mean the other two are worse.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:56 pm

So this is the second article about changes coming to Miami.....

Ben Levine wrote:Among Ross’ top trio of football executives, Salguero says Tannenbaum is the most likely to get fired. The 49-year-old joined the organization in 2015, and has been a major “facilitator of what the Dolphins have decided their philosophy will be,” which includes fielding a competitive team while building for the future. General manager Chris Grier reports to Tannenbaum, and the executive “oversees and coordinates the effort of football operations and administration.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins-appear-to-be-facing-major-changes/ar-BBRj2gz?ocid=INSSPBD10

Sounds like this might be really happening for Miami. New GM and VP means new coaching staff.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:39 pm

I would try to hire Eliot Wolf for Tannenbaum's job, and let him make the decisions from there. If it's a year or two before someone else would hire him (he's 36), so be it. Someone eventually will, and I think he'll do a great job.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:46 pm

I have to agree with getting someone young. they know how the NFL now a days

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:11 am

Ravens and Titans both won, Fins' season is now officially pointless.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:11 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Ravens and Titans both won, Fins' season is now officially pointless.

Can you say, Oxymoron
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:45 am

For example: Multiple league sources say if Ross decides change is needed among his trio of top football people, executive vice president of football operations Mike Tannenbaum is the top target to lose his job.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article223419375.html#storylink=cpy
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:47 am

I would be fine with that. We all know he’s a huge part of the problem. If Ross does fire one person it has to be him.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:50 am

The article also says that Higgins has long term ties with Tannenbaum and that he is a trusted Ross person.

I understand that gets him the opportunity. The opportunity is finite. He has a track record to defend now, and that conversation should not go well.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next