The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World According to Gase

+3
mercury22nathan
white1
JMP
7 posters

Go down

The World According to Gase Empty The World According to Gase

Post by JMP Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:24 am

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/20/adam-gase-had-some-puzzling-comments-about-dolphins-road-record/

Antwan Staley wrote:As the Dolphins are in preparations for the game against the Jaguars, the Jacksonville media asked head coach Adam Gase about the team’s abysmal road record compared to their 6-1 record at home. Gase had a puzzling answer to why the Dolphins have struggled during their road outings.

“I think our away games we played some good teams,” Gase said. “We caught Cincinnati when they were first the division and one of the hottest offenses in football. We had opportunities in that game. New England is always a tough place to play. That’s probably why they have the best home record over the last three years. Indy was hot when we got them. Green Bay was still playing pretty good at the time. Houston, obviously, has continued playing well through the entire year. We got Minnesota probably at the wrong time where it was do-or-die for them. They make a coaching change, and their guys were pretty fired up to play. They’re a tough defense. We got caught on the wrong end of that one and played it poorly as a whole team and we got way behind on a team you can’t get behind on.”

Gase sounds like is making up excuses for why the Dolphins have been severally outplayed on the road this season. It is rare to hear any head coach say comments like this as his quotes are something a fan on Twitter would tweet defending his or her team.

Second, why wasn’t the game a “do-or-die” game for the Dolphins? Entering last weekend’s game, the Dolphins knew they needed to win to maintain a good chance to make the playoffs. Now with their 41-17 loss to the Vikings, the Dolphins will need a near miracle to make the postseason.

It seems like Gase has accepted the Dolphins are nothing more than a mediocre team. A head coach is supposed to be a leader of men and Gase’s actions, and comments recently are showing he is anything but a leader.

WOW.  Just...WOW.  If anyone needed proof that Gase is a LOSER, here it is.  I don't even know what else to say, other than: GASE MUST GO!!!!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The World According to Gase Empty Re: The World According to Gase

Post by white1 Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:48 am

I understand his point, and it's probably valid.

This is doing him no favors, though. Not at all. Hell, we were in position to WIN the Bengals and Colts games! And the Vikings game was one of the ugliest performances in recent history. Oh, and I saw it in real-life and LIVE, and yes it was damn ugly.

The fans and beat writers don't want to hear this kind of talk from their head coach. This is not a good look for him...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:04 am

white1 wrote:I understand his point, and it's probably valid.

This is doing him no favors, though.  Not at all.  Hell, we were in position to WIN the Bengals and Colts games! And the Vikings game was one of the ugliest performances in recent history.  Oh, and I saw it in real-life and LIVE, and yes it was damn ugly.

The fans and beat writers don't want to hear this kind of talk from their head coach.  This is not a good look for him...

Yep, what he's saying may be true...but as a head coach, you can't have that kind of loser mentality. Sounds like he just gave up because we caught those teams "at the wrong time". And as the writer says: weren't the Dolphins pretty much in "do or die" mode against the Vikes? If not, they sure as hell should have been. This is not at all what a head coach should be saying.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:43 am

can someone please explain to Gase that this is the NFL - every game matters and its his job to have his team prepared to play every game regardless of how "hot" or "fired up" the team is.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:01 pm

Maybe those excuses would be more palatable had the Fins not blown a 17-0 lead at Cincy and a 10-point 4th quarter lead at Indy. All these extenuating circumstances Gase is prattling on about sure didn't prevent them from getting those leads, did they?

And least he didn't blame injuries. Yet.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:48 pm

What he's saying is, "Hey, we stink, and we need a perfect set of circumstances to have a chance."

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:33 pm

So I saw this and thought to myself there is no way that someone would say something like this but then again this is the man with all the excuses. I bet ya'll anything that he is using this line on Ross right now. IMO, Miami loss on Sunday will be the end of Gase. Gase isn't the brightest bulb in the pack but this is obviously stupid on all levels.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:44 pm

"Indy was hot when we got them."

Really? So hot that we were 10 up on them with 10 minutes to go. So how were we able to cool them off for 50 minutes and why didn't we keep doing that for another ten?

"New England is always a tough place to play."

We lost by 7 in your first year, 18 your second year, and 31 this year. So why is it getting tougher for you every year? Shouldn't we be improving against them if you're really the guy who's eventually going to be able to beat them?

And, hey, the Bears are leading their division and we had to play them with our backup QB. Using that logic, shouldn't we have lost to them? The Lions are 5-9, how "tough" should it be to beat them at home?

Gase gotta go.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:02 pm

The best thing Gase does is make excuses. He never has any solutions - just finger-pointing and excuses, over and over. Not a head coach, and CERTAINLY not an offensive genius.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:44 pm

Maybe he should go sit on the bench by himself some more and really think about what he's done.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:23 pm

Degarmo wrote:Maybe he should go sit on the bench by himself some more and really think about what he's done.

If he sat by himself when the defense was on the field, but his offense was great - awesome. But he completely ignores the defense and focuses only on the offense...and every year he's got one of the league's worst offenses. Seriously...WTF???? How does this fraud still have a job???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:26 pm

I don't want to see the head coach on the bench for more than maybe 30 seconds or so. He needs to be the leader, out there concerned with every snap, in case they need to do something like a challenge or argue with an official to help fire up his team.

You hire coordinators for a reason. If you want to be a coordinator, don't apply for a head coach job. I know Rex Ryan was maligned, but I thought his style is more of a head coach, and it's why I liked him. I want a guy out there that's involved in every snap, not just some glorified coordinator. So many head coaches these days look like interim guys who got the job thrust upon them, when the truth is they applied for it and wanted it.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:53 pm

Gase doesn't seem like his head is in the game and to be honest he looks lost, especially when they are losing. Kinda like the waterboy, the coach needs to look at the opponents as they were little kittens or cute babies.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:58 pm

Fuck this guy. Send him home, have someone throw all his shit into a black Hefty Yard Bag and have his wife come pick it up at the edge of Dolphins property. He's not allowed within visual distance of the facility anymore.

Fuck off, Gase.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:10 pm

I really do think at this point Gase actually WANTS to be fired just to get away from the stench of this organization. When it happens it'll take him years to recover, if he ever does. It seems as if GMs who get fired from Miami do go on to be better elsewhere but coaches do not.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:08 am

DolFan 316 wrote:I really do think at this point Gase actually WANTS to be fired just to get away from the stench of this organization. When it happens it'll take him years to recover, if he ever does. It seems as if GMs who get fired from Miami do go on to be better elsewhere but coaches do not.

Speaking of, I got a nice laugh today watching Aaron Rodgers ignoring Joe Philbin on the sideline as Joe was trying to talk to him. The only thing Rodgers didn't do was roll his eyes.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down