The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 16 thoughts: Dolphins at Bills

+2
white1
JMP
6 posters

Go down

Game 16 thoughts: Dolphins at Bills Empty Game 16 thoughts: Dolphins at Bills

Post by JMP Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:33 pm

The 2018 Miami Dolphins season ended in predictably miserable fashion today, with a 42-17 road ass-kicking delivered by the Buffalo Bills.  The entire Dolphins' front office and coaching staff will likely (hopefully) be kicked to the curb by tomorrow, and if that does in fact happen it will be the one silver lining to come from this lost season.

Ryan Tannehill was horrifically bad today, playing one of the worst games of his career.  If this was his last game as a Dolphin, it certainly wasn't one to remember: 147 passing yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs, a lost fumble and 4 sacks.  QB Whisperer Adam Gase once again failed to put his QB in a position to win.  In contrast, Bills’ rookie QB Josh Allen threw 3 TDs and ran for 2 more.  Today sure looked like a case of two teams headed in opposite directions.

Offensive Guru Adam Gase laid an egg today, leading his offense to just 225 total yards.  His Dolphins’ tenure has been a complete failure, with his offense ranked near the bottom of the league every single season, and getting worse each year.

Offensive Genius Adam Gase has been steadfast in his support of Defensive Coordinator Matt “Sacks Don’t Matter” Burke.  Burke has rewarded Gase by supervising the worst Dolphins’ defense in team history, allowing the most yards in a single season in franchise history.  Today was more of the same: just a heaping pile of crap all around.

As for the players, they completely gave up and decided not to block or tackle, and played undisciplined all day – with several unsportsmanlike penalties and personal fouls.  Kiko Alonso was thrown out of the game, for yet another late hit on the QB, and $12 million man Robert Quinn was tossed for fighting.

This was an ugly game that ended an ugly era for Offensive Genius Adam Gase, General Mismanager Chris Grier, and Overseer of the Dumpster Fire Mike Tannenbaum.  I’m counting the moments till they all get the hell away from my Miami Dolphins.

Beer of the Day: Heineken

Goat of the Day: It was a tag-team effort: Offensive Guru Adam Gase couldn’t do anything on offense, and Matt “I Care More About My Beard Than Sacks” Burke couldn’t do anything on defense.  These two incompetent assclowns deserve each other.

Hero of the Day: Bills’ DT Kyle Williams – a true class act who said goodbye to football today.  I loved him at LSU and I followed him closely in Buffalo.  I loved seeing him get so much love from his teammates and fans today – no one is more deserving.  He’s a total throwback and plays the game the way it should be played.  Best of luck, Mr. Williams.

Last edited by JMP on Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Game 16 thoughts: Dolphins at Bills Empty Re: Game 16 thoughts: Dolphins at Bills

Post by white1 Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:55 pm

We’re all holding our breath for what’s next.

To quote a movie scene, my advice to Ross: do a good job. Do a good job!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Game 16 thoughts: Dolphins at Bills Empty Re: Game 16 thoughts: Dolphins at Bills

Post by HalCHorn Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:04 pm

Kyle Williams: outperformed our entire 2006 draft all by himself. One of 3 Pro Bowlers in that draft to have played his college ball for Nick Saban, who could have used his inside knowledge to rebuild the 'Fins' roster with his own players.

One of the others, Whitworth, is STILL playing at a Pro Bowl level for the Rams 12 years later.

Just in case anyone thought that Saban failed here solely because of the Brees/Culpepper decision. His drafting sucked too.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:09 pm

As for today's game, well, it's simple.

3 weeks ago, this team caught a lifeline, and a second chance to reenter the playoff picture with the "Miracle in Miami". How did they respond, against teams that were a combined 15-26-1 when we faced them?

41-17, 17-7 at home, 42-17. They got outscored a combined 100-41.

Trademark that "Miracle" all you want. It'll take another one for this bunch to be involved in any kind of turnaround.

Ross must send both Tannenbaum and Gase packing. Will Gase be a hot commodity? Fine, let him. I don't give a damn what he does anywhere else. All I know is, he'll do nothing here.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:55 pm

Totally see your point.

Gase might be a good coach, but we gave him too much power here.

The next team to sign him will have far more leverage.

We need to get a guy as VP that can sign junior guys and ensure power structure is sound. So what if we suck? Focus on finding the right players, then find the right coach.

Right now, we’ve got it backwards
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:06 pm

i took my wife to the Kennedy Center (DC) to see Miss Saigon instead of suffering through yet another Phins meltdown. i now realize that i totally don't "GET" musical theater, but it sure beats Adam Gase coached football. Gase created his own culture in the off season and that "culture" is garbage. if Ross doesn't fire this entire regime, then he truly has no desire to put a winning product on the field in Miami.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:15 am

white1 wrote:

Gase might be a good coach

No, he's not...he's an awful coach that only has a job because he rode Peyton Manning's coattails in Denver years ago. He's a horrible offensive coordinator and a worse head coach.

If anything, he should coach a college team - where he can bully the young players and let his ego run wild.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:23 pm

JMP wrote:No, he's not...he's an awful coach that only has a job because he rode Peyton Manning's coattails in Denver years ago.  He's a horrible offensive coordinator and a worse head coach.  

If anything, he should coach a college team - where he can bully the young players and let his ego run wild.

The way millennials are today, Gase would fail even at that. He'd wind up with the entire team boycotting practice and forcing the AD to fire him.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:27 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:i took my wife to the Kennedy Center (DC) to see Miss Saigon instead of suffering through yet another Phins meltdown.  i now realize that i totally don't "GET" musical theater, but it sure beats Adam Gase coached football.  Gase created his own culture in the off season and that "culture" is garbage.  if Ross doesn't fire this entire regime, then he truly has no desire to put a winning product on the field in Miami.

You poor, poor sap Crying or Very sad And I thought last week for *me* was bad Shocked

At least tell me she didn't make you go shopping with her afterwards. I'm telling you, if America was serious about reducing crime they'd just sentence guys to a week straight of shopping with women. Afterwards these so-called hardass thugs would be vowing to never even so much as jaywalk again the rest of their lives.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:28 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Kyle Williams:  outperformed our entire 2006 draft all by himself.  One of 3 Pro Bowlers in that draft to have played his college ball for Nick Saban, who could have used his inside knowledge to rebuild the 'Fins' roster with his own players.  

One of the others, Whitworth, is STILL playing at a Pro Bowl level for the Rams 12 years later.

Just in case anyone thought that Saban failed here solely because of the Brees/Culpepper decision.  His drafting sucked too.

Reading this post made me want to ring in the new year by crying myself to sleep. Seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:44 am

I was at work and for some reason , I was keeping track of the game and started getting worried when Jones scored. Maybe they had forgotten that to get Gase fired they need to get blown out in there final game, Like the Cherry on Top. But at Halftime they came to there senses finally to finish the Job.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:04 pm

finskev wrote:I was at work and for some reason , I was keeping track of the game and started getting worried when Jones scored. Maybe they had forgotten that to get Gase fired they need to get blown out in there final game, Like the Cherry on Top. But at Halftime they came to there senses finally to finish the Job.

I'm thinking Gase gave them a "motivational" speech. Something along the lines of, "Win this to save my job!" Seems about right.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down