The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS: Gase fired!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

+6
CarsonChris
finfanatic
rightchea
JEGnj
white1
JMP
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Gase fired!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Empty BREAKING NEWS: Gase fired!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Post by JMP Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:32 am

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-starting-over-20181231-story.html

Miami Dolphins owner Steve Ross has begun to clean house. According to a league source, the Dolphins fired head coach Adam Gase on Monday following the team’s blowout loss to the Bills in Buffalo in Sunday’s season finale.

The fates of vice president of football operations Mike Tannenbaum and general manager Chris Grier are unclear at this point.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Gase fired!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Gase fired!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Post by JMP Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:36 am

This is the best belated Christmas give I've ever gotten!

YES!!!!!

I was seriously contemplating dropping the Phins if Gase came back. I literally get nauseous thinking about sitting through another second of seeing his damn face.

Gase is my most hated coach ever - so glad he's gone. What a fucking thieving FRAUD.

Thank you, Stephen Ross, for giving me a good start to the new year. Now, get rid of Tannenbaum and Griert and we can truly move forward!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Gase fired!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Gase fired!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Post by JMP Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:40 am

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article223759545.html#storylink=cpy

Barry Jackson wrote:Who could be the next person to lead the Dolphins? Here are some likely candidates:

▪️ John Harbaugh: Dolphins owner Stephen Ross loves him, but he’s under contract for 2019 and the Ravens are set to discuss terms of an extension this week. But if he balks at Baltimore’s offer for an extension, the Ravens reportedly might be willing to part ways with him, in exchange for compensation. Harbaugh is 104-72 in 11 seasons as Baltimore’s coach, including a Super Bowl victory.

▪️ Jim Harbaugh: The Michigan Wolverines and former 49ers coach will not be pursued by the Dolphins, Ross said last week. But what if the Jets pursue Harbaugh and he decides to go to the NFL? That could make Ross have a change of heart. Harbaugh is 38-14 at Michigan but coming off lopsided losses to Ohio State and Florida. He was 44-19-1 as San Francisco 49ers coach.

▪️ Mike McCarthy: The former Green Bay coach, who was fired earlier this month, was 125-77-2 with a Super Bowl championship in 13 seasons with the Packers. Arizona and Cleveland, who have coaching openings, are reportedly interested.

▪️ Josh McDaniels: The former Broncos coach accepted the Colts head job last year, then changed his mind and decided to remain New England’s offensive coordinator. He’s the most prominent among offensive coordinators mentioned as possibilities for head coaching jobs. Was 11-17 in 2009 and 2010 as Denver’s head coach. Will reportedly interview with Green Bay.

▪️ Rex Ryan: Sources confirmed to the Herald that Ryan is interested in the job and has been calling assistant coaches from his past to gauge their interest in joining him on his staff if he does indeed get hired here. He was 46-50, with two AFC Championship game appearances for the Jets, and 15-16 in two years for the Bills, who fired him after 2016.

▪️ Brian Flores: Patriots defensive coordinator and has been with New England since 2004. Reportedly will interview with Green Bay.

▪️ Jim Caldwell: The former Colts and Lions coach is 62-50 as an NFL coach but was fired a year ago by Detroit after consecutive 9-7 seasons.

▪️ A college coach other than Harbaugh: Stanford’s David Shaw previously bypassed NFL overtures but remains an appealing candidate. So does Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley, who has said he is happy with the Sooners.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:49 am

Interesting stuff here:

Chris Kouffman
‏ @ckparrot

So what do I hear? I heard a surprising number of veterans, including SURPRISING ones like Frank Gore, Kenny Stills, and especially Cameron Wake, all rose up and disavowed Gase privately. Wake and Stills directly to Steve Ross. Kenyan Drake wanted a trade if Gase remained.

Chris Kouffman
‏ @ckparrot

Current veteran Dolphins, former Dolphins, Adam Gase was persona non grata to MANY by this morning. And the relationship with Steve Ross was essentially zero. They weren’t speaking and had not been for weeks.

Chris Kouffman
‏ @ckparrot

Gase was persona non grata to many people inside and outside the organization by the end. His relationship with Steve Ross had fallen to the point where they’d barely spoken in weeks. Contrary to reports, Dan Marino was NOT a fan of his.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:52 am

My personal message to Adam Gase:

BREAKING NEWS: Gase fired!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Ari-Gold-Get-The-Fuck-Out

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:53 am

I could care less about Grier but I want Tannenbaum gone. Now.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:57 am

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article223759330.html#storylink=cpy wrote:According to ESPN, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross wanted Gase to give up his contractual control over the 53-man roster. Gase balked, aware that he would be a strong candidate for several other coaching jobs if he and the Dolphins parted ways. Cleveland is among those jobs.

Gase, in fact, told associates that he’s fine with the outcome, knowing he will be wanted by other teams.

Damn, the arrogance this guy has is astounding. His ego is so big, it's a wonder his head can fit through a doorway.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:07 am

He ran off all the top players on the team except Wake and hitched his cart to Tanny and failed. This team was undisciplined and out coached every week and except for the Miami Miracle this team collapsed. That's why he was fired.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:21 am

Craig Mish
‏Verified account @CraigMish

I’m told the falling out of Gase & Ross began after the loss to the Colts. Ross rarely chats after - tried to talk to Gase postgame & Gase from what I was told blew him off & told him “not now” (in less kind words).
7:17 AM - 31 Dec 2018

If true...wow! Great idea - treat your boss like crap after you engineer an epic fail. Gase is such a dick.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:47 am

What an asshole. I said this in a novel-length post in another thread, but fuck this guy. I'm over Gase, and ready to see what's next!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:12 pm

I think I hate Gase more than I hated Jeff Ireland...and that's saying something!

In fact, Gase may be my most hated sports figure ever.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:26 pm

so with Tannenbaum reassigned I wonder what he going to be doing for the fins

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:31 pm

Chris Kouffman
‏ @ckparrot

Not that this was in question but I hear ST Coach Darren Rizzi to be retained and will get a HC interview.

Adam Schefter
‏Verified account @AdamSchefter

Miami Dolphins requested an HC interview with Patriots' DC Brian Flores, per source.
9:28 AM - 31 Dec 2018

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:34 pm

per rapoport Miami requested Bears DC Van Fangio also stated that Grier wont stray away from first time HC

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:43 pm

per Omar Kelly.....

Dolphins players were tremendously bothered by Adam Gase’s loyalty and excuse making for Ryan Tannehill. He lost a lot of support in the locker room in the second half of this season. It became clear players didn’t want Gase back, and aren’t Tannehill fans

Sent from Topic'it App

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:43 pm

I said it at he start of the season that my fear was the players were going to see through the Gate "It's not me, it's the players stinking it up!" message. Gase's insistence that perfect execution of HIS offensive System was all that was needed and any group of players could do that, was absolute nonsense, and eventually, the players saw through the stupidity.

Gase lost the team.

At Least Ross dumped the arrogant dipshyte instead of giving him another year.

And booting Tannenbaum out of draft decisions is a good thing IMHO.

If the Phins could just somehow, someway, through, magic, smoke and mirrors, whatever...get the drafting where it wasn't abysmal year after year, THAT... MIGHT....might make the next HC successful...assuming the next HC is not another dipshyte like Gase, or a nimrod like Wannstedt!

It is a good thing that Gase is gone.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:14 pm

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:03 pm

supposedly Gase has a bunch of calls coming in for the new HC position for several teams. Maybe Ross took the wrong approach with Gase

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:05 pm

Those teams will figure it out in their own time.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:36 pm

With All the Minority Coaches being Fired Today, Think Grier is going to get Pressure from outside the Organization to hire a Black Coach . Which could be Richard or OC from KC.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:48 pm

who cares about the race as long as they can get Miami to the playoffs. I hire a Japanese coach if he can get Miami to the superbowl

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:59 pm

Omar Kelly wrote:According to multiple reports, the Dolphins and Denver Broncos requested permission to interview Vic Fangio, the Chicago Bears’ defensive coordinator.
According to Yahoo Sports, the Dolphins, Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets requested permission to interview Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, who is credited with being the play-caller during quarterback Patrick Mahomes’ breakout season.

And ESPN reported that the Dolphins requested permission to interview New England Patriots defensive coordinator Brian Flores, and former Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Munchak, who is the Pittsburgh Steelers’ offensive line coach, and Dallas Cowboys secondary coach Kris Richards.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-coaching-search-20181231-story.html

I am liking the speed that the are moving to hire coaching staff. Miami was moving slow when they hired Gase and Philbin and I feel that Grier already knew Tannenbaum and Gase was heading out the door and he prepared himself to finding a new coach

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:24 pm

I don’t care about race either just throwing it out for consumption.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:30 pm

Is Jmp happy about Gase being fired or not? He's being awfully vague about it.

Razz Razz Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:24 am

Interesting. Dallas fans seem really upset Richards is in play for both us and the Jets. Must be a coveted coach.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next