The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Final Tidbit...

5 posters

Go down

One Final Tidbit... Empty One Final Tidbit...

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:12 pm

Despite having one more win (and we all know why that was) this team actually had a worse point differential than last year's team with Cutler at QB, and the second-worst of any Fins team since the merger. Not only that, but only the Cards and Raiders this season were outscored by more. By rights, this team should have a top 5 pick instead of picking 13th or wherever it is.

Firing Gase shouldn't be the end of anything, but the beginning.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

One Final Tidbit... Empty Re: One Final Tidbit...

Post by JMP Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:47 am

More:

The Dolphins finished 31st in offense — the lowest ranking in franchise history — and 29th in defense.

Miami averaged the 26th most points on offense and gave up the 27th most on defense.

They ended up being outgained by 1619 yards and outscored by 114 points, totals that would suggest this was closer to a four-win team than the 7-9 record would indicate.

The Dolphins’ 31 sacks were fourth fewest in the league. Miami allowed 52 sacks, tied for fifth most.

The Dolphins’ receiver leader, Danny Amendola, had 575 receiving yards. In a pass-heavy league, Miami averaged just 207 passing yards per game and didn’t have a receiver with 600 yards in receptions.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article223482025.html#storylink=cpy

UGLY.

I love how the Offensive Genius led the Phins to their lowest-ranked offense ever this season. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:12 am

apparently Gase thought himself more than just a mortal "offensive genius"...he thought himself a football god with unlimited power.

The coach felt empowered by that ‘16 success that included a playoff berth -- albeit a one-and-done appearance.

And the owner fed into the Gase power trip because he had given the 40-year-old first-time coach the power to tear down and rebuild the roster if he wanted and done so in writing in his contract.

Gase, no doubt feeding off the early success, sometimes joked about being able to blow up the entire organization if he wanted.

But because he had so much power and no one to tell him “no,” he made mistakes.

After the 2016 season when the Dolphins needed a serious upgrade to their defense, Gase decided he could make the offense operate on the cheap while the defense added players. So the coach practically ignored the need for guards.

And Ross challenged him about that.

And Gase yelled at the owner about knowing more about football than he did. Multiple sources say a high-ranking club official had to intervene and tell Gase he could not speak to the owner -- his boss -- that way.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article223850050.html

read the whole article if you can. Gase sounds like a real ass and Ross sounds like complete milk-toast.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:45 am

I really think Gase has mental issues. If nothing else, he certainly has delusions of grandeur - which can be a symptom of serious psychological issues.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:37 pm

Well, in my opinion, he clearly displays signs of being in the autism spectrum, which can have some pretty odd personality quirks in and of itself, but I'm just assuming. He may just be an arrogant asshole.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:44 pm

Well Ross isn’t exactly milk toast. He fired Gase.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:56 pm

JMP wrote:I really think Gase has mental issues.  If nothing else, he certainly has delusions of grandeur - which can be a symptom of serious psychological issues.

Degarmo wrote:Well, in my opinion, he clearly displays signs of being in the autism spectrum, which can have some pretty odd personality quirks in and of itself, but I'm just assuming.  He may just be an arrogant asshole.

Not sure if you consider narcissism a "serious" psychological issue, but Gase is no different from millions of other people who are that way. Sign of the times. At the very least he's clearly and highly insecure and does not possess the psychological makeup of a leader. I wouldn't go so far as to call Gase a sociopath (which again, millions of people these days are) but his behavior shows an obvious, almost desperate need to dominate others for his own selfish purposes. IMO the sharp rise of narcissistic, sociopathic behavior across the board in first world societies can be directly attributed to signals from handheld electronic devices affecting and changing brainwave patterns, but that's for another time and place.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:57 pm

white1 wrote:Well Ross isn’t exactly milk toast. He fired Gase.

Not sure how one gets to be a billionaire by being a milquetoast. Ross simply hates confrontation and conflict. Like me.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:15 pm

I found this interesting.

Tannenbaum, with the team since 2015, asked for and received something of a quiet sendoff, according to a Dolphins source. He will not be working for the team again. By the time the draft comes in April, it will be obvious he is no longer with the organization, the source said.

I'm assuming that means no more ridiculous trading away of multiple picks for peanuts. And hoping.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:24 pm

Tannenbaum sucks. Good riddance.

One of the reasons I feel good about the new structure.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down