The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redskins could be a potential trade partner for Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill

4 posters

Go down

Redskins could be a potential trade partner for Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill Empty Redskins could be a potential trade partner for Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill

Post by rightchea Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:48 pm

Antwan Staley wrote:The Redskins are one of the teams that could be interested in obtaining Tannehill’s services provided they could work out a trade with the Dolphins. While it is speculation they would be interested in Tannehill, the Redskins are definitely in need of a quarterback.
According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, Redskins quarterback Alex Smith will likely miss the entire 2019 season after suffering a compound fracture in Week 11 of the season. With Smith’s playing future is serious doubt, the Redskins are expected to look for a quarterback either through the draft or free agency.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/28/redskins-could-be-a-potential-trade-partner-for-dolphins-qb-ryan-tannehill/

I see this becoming a possibility if Miami draft position is higher than the Redskins. If Miami picks up a QB that the Redskins wanted then this trade makes sense even if Miami has to go back into free agency and pick up another backup.

Trading Tannehill would make sense for the Dolphins as well because they could possibly acquire a fourth or a fifth-round draft pick for the veteran quarterback. Everyone knows the Dolphins, who are said to be rebuilding, could use all the help they need. So an extra draft pick, instead of just releasing Tannehill will go a long way in helping the club.

This also makes sense Miami needs picks and getting a fourth or fifth round pick will allow Miami to find a diamond in the rough type of player.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Redskins could be a potential trade partner for Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill Empty Re: Redskins could be a potential trade partner for Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:39 pm

I can't see how this happens. Skins have less than $22 mil in cap space at the moment and there's no way they could afford two QBs taking up over $20 mil in cap room each. The only way is if Smith's placed on IR for next season and then I think his salary wouldn't count, and even then they'd have to clear a bunch of other space.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Redskins could be a potential trade partner for Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill Empty Re: Redskins could be a potential trade partner for Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill

Post by JMP Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:55 pm

If the Skins can free up the cap space, then I think it's a possibility. Tannehill's awful current deal would almost certainly be restructured anyway, so the cap hit might not even be that bad for them.

Sucks that Alex Smith may never play again.

I was initially thinking Tannehill to the Jags, but it sounds like that's where Foles will be headed.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:47 pm

Do it for a 5th. Or less. I don’t care. As long as he’s gone.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:01 pm

white1 wrote:Do it for a 5th. Or less. I don’t care. As long as he’s gone.

A part of me wants Tannehill to stick around just so he can break the tie with Griese for second most fumbles in franchise history. But that's probably just me Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:50 am

For all his strengths and weaknesses, the worse thing about Tannehill is that we've heard more than enough that there is a strong element of truth to the big drawback he's got.

He's not a good enough leader, and the players in the locker room don't believe in him.

If that hasn't happened at this point, with his experience as a starter, it never will.

This is the first real test of the new regime. If we retain Tannehill - even in a "win the job" competitive role - it will be a real failure to recognize players for who they are, and who they ever will be.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:28 pm

I believe would be a great fit for the Redskins. The fact that the Redskins are not well known for having great developmental training for rookie QB then Tannehill might be the best thing for Mia...I mean the Redskins.....

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down